Current Wonder Woman Series Discussion Thread

I might have it on my Christmas list. :wink:

3 Likes

Nubia #2 and Wonder Woman: Evolution #1 are both out today! I thought they both were excellent. :open_book:

SN: Thanks to @DC89 for sharing that DCSHG WonderTrev gif during last night’s watchalong. :grin:

4 Likes

:smiley: :+1: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

The Diana and Steve episodes DCSHGs are :laughing:. Queen @Razzzcat absolutely nailed it when she described these characters as “concentrated versions” of their in comics personas- so true, and that applies to Diana and Steve’s interactions as well. So funny and fun! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Exactly! It’s not really what I sincerely picture when I ship WonderTrev, but it absolutely works in a high school reimagining and also it is utterly adorable and hilarious. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

EDIT: Possibly the best moment is when she names her pet Griffin “Steve.” If that’s not a high school girl with an incurable crush, I don’t know what is. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

IKR? :laughing:. :purple_heart: this series sooo much!

6 Likes

As I eagerly await this Tuesday’s new Wonder Woman comic…here’s something else to eagerly await (for quite awhile probably):

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure where else to post this, so I guess I’ll just post it here.

On this day 1 year ago (according to my HBO Max bill lol), I decided it might be nice during a pandemic-y Christmas season to treat myself to a new superhero movie. All I was expecting from Wonder Woman 1984 was an evening of entertainment and distraction from real world problems. What I got was quite a bit more than that.

Diana’s character spoke to something I desperately needed to see right then. She was powerful enough to shatter guns or flip a truck - but she acted from a place of love and compassion. It was a combination quite unlike any I could recall seeing in powerful female heroes. It made me think - if a big-budget movie starring such a character could be made, maybe there was more hope than cynicism in this world.

One year and I’m afraid to think about how many comics later, and Wonder Woman is more important to me than ever. She’s just good. And right now I need to see and read about goodness. That’s where I’m at.

And were it not for my compulsion to read all the WW things, I never would have joined DCUI and found this amazing community. So that’s kind of a big deal. :blush:

7 Likes

Some brief thoughts on WW #783, since I’ve waited a long time for it…

Spoilers ahead

Of course, I’m talking about Steve and Diana’s first meeting since her return from the Afterworlds. As usual, saving the world doesn’t allow sufficient time for sweet reunions, but this was still pretty good for now. I’ll take this as my belated birthday present, DC, so thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love that Deadman is still Diana’s teammate through all this. They have such a great dynamic. I hope he sticks around. :blush:

As a final note, can I say how happy it makes me that writers have recently brought back the boomerang tiara? :sweat_smile:

Yeah, you are, Diana, and don’t bother apologizing for it. :star_struck:

I’m grateful for this writing team. Looking forward to next month. :00_wonder_woman_gold:

4 Likes

Some exciting stuff happening across the community, Wonder Woman fans! Namely this q&a with the series writers! :tada:

And if you’re reading Trial of the Amazons and want to discuss, we’re doing that over here:

:black_heart::00_wonder_woman_gold:

4 Likes

This current run has been a delightful treat. Im loving all the obscure callbacks from older concepts.

5 Likes

You are absolutely correct! This current run is a pure delight. There are some nice callbacks while moving forward.

3 Likes

Indeed! Were seeing both new ideas such as Seigfried who might find a permanent place in Wonder Womans supporting cast, as well as old familiar faces such as the Holliday girls and Image-Maker.

I am excited to see what comes next with this wild run. I suspect we have also been seeing an adaption of Merboy and that merkingdom from the silver age

3 Likes

Did anyone else read the Sensational Wonder Woman Special that released today? Feel free to discuss here! (Please blur spoilers. :blush:)

Summary

I particularly loved the first story in the collection. Just beautiful. :black_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

2 Likes

I enjoyed the issue, particularly the second story (I follow Kollins on twitter, so I was excited to see him tackling Wonder Woman again). A bit trippy, but quite fun. Third tale reminded me of a wacky comic they did for Wonder Woman on ice cream cartons a few years ago, but of course much more detailed, but the similarities tickled me.

3 Likes

My favorite of the three stories was the first one. Admittedly not for the A plot, but for that beautiful design Blue Snowman was sporting. That combined with just how the villain was portrayed and how she interacted with Diana really made it for me.

5 Likes

Okay, I need details on this. There was a Wonder Woman comic that appeared on ice cream cartons?! :joy: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

She also had a neat appearance in last year’s “Love Is A Battlefield” comic!

3 Likes

Indeed! I did a writeup of the whole ice cream carton comics here! https://thebatmanuniverse.net/edys-ice-cream-3/ (apologies for the self promotion, but I hope it’s interesting! :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

This is absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing!

(I am so disappointed I missed out on trying Golden Lasso Twirl ice cream. :sob:)

6 Likes

Yeah, I kinda wish I coulda tried all of these! I only found out about them a month ago, and did lots of research before getting my article proposal approved. :wink:

6 Likes