Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

If my headcanon is canon: SUPERPULSE

If my headcanon is not canon: Jon and Jay

6 Likes

I’m saying Donna Troy and Peter Parker

5 Likes

Black Cat & Batman! :smiley:

5 Likes

Superman/Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers)

6 Likes

That’s really a good one @Sean-Malloy! :grinning:

5 Likes

I have to say that I miss the text format of the Q&As we used to have on here. I like the freedom of reading more than having to watch a video. Do you think we could get these interviews transcribed?

9 Likes

Hey @Jitsu I have a question for you…isn’t this an awesome song?

7 Likes

I concur

5 Likes

This rounding of the Trivia Corner, returns us to those golden days of the serials and the early days of television. This time I’ll be looking at prolific character actor, Pierre Watkin. He was quite a staple, logging time on both the big and little screens. Appearing in everything you could shake a stick at, before leaving us, in 1960. Perhaps, his most interesting character (for us, anyway), would be Perry White, whom he played in both Superman serials. But, that would hardly end his connection to those DC characters.

He would return to the world of Metropolis, in more than a few episodes of the Adventures of Superman. Sometimes as the villain, if memory serves. The first time was in Season -1, episode -3. Only now, he would co-star with very different cast members. George Reeves had replaced Kirk Allyn as lead and Phyllis Coates played Lois Lane in the first season, not Noel Neil. Also new, was Jack Larson who took over for Tommy Bond as cub reporter James Olsen. Most interesting for him I imagine, was playing opposite John Hamilton who was now editor Perry White of that “great Metropolitan newspaper.” Following the death of Hamilton, producers wanted him to again take on the role of White. As Perry’s brother, that is. But the subsequent (and unexpected) death of Reeves, would put an end to the series. That old saying of “what goes around, comes around.” Is never more true, than in Hollywood. Great Caesar’s Ghost!

Well, that wraps up another one boys 'n girls. Hopefully, more trivia treasures await us next week. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel. :grinning:

7 Likes

Hello @Jitsu,
I’m so excited about the new release for March, when a few days ago I notice Superman Space age #3 be out on February 21st. I thought maybe it’ll be here on DC Universe on my Birthday, and sure enough, it is! I can’t wait to read it. Hope President Reagan is in the book.
Plus there’s so many other books to look forward to in March as well. :nerd_face::books:
My question of the week is, will DC Universe Infinite be adding anymore of the older mad magazine? It’d be cool to read them. And 1 more question, will anymore Graphic Novels be added soon as well?
Thankyou so much for your time.:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Got my Death of Superman book and love it! Will we be getting a book each year as a thank you for being a subscriber or was this a one time bonus for subscribing?

7 Likes

That’s fair! We likely won’t be going back to the full text-only format, but I can definitely see about getting transcripts posted along with the video.

7 Likes

This is my first time hearing it, and I definitely dig it!

7 Likes

Loved this edition of the trivia corner! Being somewhat Hollywood-adjacent in the work I do, it’s been really interesting learning about how that side of the business works. This was a neat look into the machine that is movies and TV!

7 Likes

Nothin like a good comic read around your birthday! Are you planning anything fun to celebrate the big day?

I’m not positive about MAD Magazine, but I’ll keep an ear out and see if I can learn anything. But I believe more GNs will be added to the service, but I’m not 100% sure of the timeline. Keep an eye out for info though!

7 Likes

Yessss, I’m so glad you’re enjoying it! I’ve received mine as well, but I need to finish All-Star Superman before I start another book. It’s great to have something to look forward to!

As of now, it’s a one-time “thank you” gesture for ULTRA members. But–in the world of DC Comics, anything can happen! It may change in the future, and I’ll be the first one to let you all know if the plan changes!

7 Likes

I’m planning to see Shazam 2.:grinning:

6 Likes

So soon!!

6 Likes

Yooooo! Happy Tuesday and a Merry Office Hours to all who observe! May the rest of your week be bright.

Can we talk about art for a few minutes? We know you love Lee Bermejo, but do you have any favorite panels or covers you can share?

On that topic…any favorite DC covers for any other artists? DC has always had some wicked cover artists, so I know everyone has a few!

6 Likes

YES let’s talk art…

Here are a few random favorites that come to mind:

Adam Hughes’ DKIII The Master race cover might be in my top 5 all time favorite covers. I’ve been looking for a poster of it for a few months now.

I’ve been reading All-Star Superman recently, and can’t get over this cover. It hits all the right emotional notes!

This Tula Lotay variant of New Champion of Shazam is almost TOO good. It fits the vibe of this 4 issue run perfectly.

I could go on and on (and on and on) but those are just a few that popped into my head. Do you have any notable faves?

6 Likes