Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Ooooh great question. My favorite author, by a MASSIVE margin, is JRR Tolkien. I’ve read almost all of his work from Unfinished Tales to the LOTR Trilogy, and beyond–I’ve even read the Silmarillion more than a handful of times! I have several LOTR tattoos, and a whole bunch of Tolkien inspired art, so he’s definitely the top of my list.

Beyond that, I like reading “behind the scenes” content…a good example is a book I’m currently reading, which is called Dark Souls: Beyond the Grave. This book is a super detailed look into the inspiration, creation, and impact of the Dark Souls video game series (my favorite series!). Learning about the history of popular creations is so fascinating to me!

As for books on my upcoming reading list, JRR Tolkien’s Fall of Numenor just released today! I’ll probably pick it up this weekend–can’t wait to dive in.

What about you? Any favorite genres or authors?

7 Likes

Bump on this question from last week that didn’t get answered.

6 Likes

Hey jitsu! With the unfortunate passing of beloved Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy I bring you this question… what’s your favorite BTAS episode?

6 Likes

Woah, this is a LOT of action. Maybe one day we’ll see such an intense clash of iconic characters!

8 Likes

This is such a cool piece of trivia! Thanks for sharing!

Couldn’t agree more. Kevin was so iconic for thousands of Batman fans, and he will always be remembered for his incredible talent, and passion for such a wonderful piece of DC history. There’s a statue of Batman not too far from the DC offices in Burbank, and people have been leaving flowers at the statue in remembrance of Kevin–such a wonderful thing to see.

10 Likes

The simple answer is…just the way you have been so far.

I agree with you here! Improving the searchability (is that a word?) of GNs in ULTRA is something the product team is aware of, and hopefully the search function will be a bit easier to use soon. Stay tuned.

10 Likes

Keep an eye out! I can’t share an exact ETA, but it should be coming soon. We’ll share more info as soon as we have it!

9 Likes

Apologies–I must have missed this question! That being said…I’m remaining silent on it for now. We’ll be sharing some info on the new “secret” badges in the next few weeks!

9 Likes

Hello @Jitsu,
Besides Batman The Animated Series, what other versions of Batman do you like the best that Kevin Conroy did?

On a happier note, how thrill are you with people are doing the chat? Will there be any more update to make it better? Thankyou.:grinning:

7 Likes

Great question! One that always stuck out to me was The Joker’s Favor–it was such a fun “side story” that was so creative and tense. Loved it!

What about you–what are your top 3 episodes?

9 Likes

Hey hey!

Great question. I recently rewatched Batman Gotham Knight, and I LOVED it. So many wild interpretations of Batman was so refreshing to see. Mask of the Phantasm is always a top choice for me as well.

It’s so great to see! We’re definitely going to keep improving the chat function, making it as easy and engaging to use as possible. Keep an eye out for more updates!

8 Likes

Mad love
The laughing fish
Nothing to fear

7 Likes

I’m really enjoying the chat, that’s why my hand hurts! LOL! Anyway I’m looking forward to host the watch along in chat tomorrow.:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Ahhhh before this ends!

Hey @Jitsu!

Is there an update on when club leaders will be able to make live chats?
What are the rules of the live chats?
Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla? There is a correct answer!
Biscuits or naan?
Do you want to build a snowman? It doesn’t have to be a snowman.

Ok bye.

7 Likes

enters the Office of Justice, sees a gaggle of questions, and sits against the wall to take in all the answers

Next week, @Jitsu. For now, these have been some great questions, everyone!

7 Likes

Was I too late?

7 Likes

For me it’s Tolkien as well, I am getting the Nmenor book for my birthday. I also enjoy Ursula Leguin and Earthsea, which I have read many times. I enjoy Bernard Cornell historical fiction and Rick Atkinson History WW2 and Revolutionary War books.

8 Likes

@Jitsu speaking of the Live Chat, what’s the possibility of an office hour live chat?

6 Likes

Oh hello there!

Hopefully soon! We’re working on updates, but we’ll let everyone know when it happens!

All the same rules as the rest of the site! Be kind, be smart, be awesome. But more specifically, check out the guidelines listed here!

Chocolate, every time!!

Biscuit. Mmmmmmm, biscuit.

Honestly? Yes, absolutely. It’s the middle of November, and it was in the 70’s today here in LA! My east coast self would LOVE some snow!

8 Likes

Lot’s of good deets here!!

8 Likes