Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Absolutely. Maybe another connection to Scarecrow as well!

8 Likes

Maybe it’s like “A Local Celebrity” but with 69 likes on a post? “Vocal in the Community” but with 420 replies?

6 Likes

Hello hello!

The 90’s is one of my favorite decades, so I was really stoked when we finalized our plans to celebrate 90’s month at DC! I looooved the Batman Animated Series, as well as the Batman Beyond series. They were just so stylish, and the voice acting was so enjoyable. As far as movies go, Batman Returns and Batman & Robin are probably my top 2. Such an iconic cast!

My favorite comics from the 90’s was absolutely Spawn. Beyond that, I read a lot of The Maxx and X-Men!

7 Likes

Hey hey DGW–you too!

I 10000% agree with you there–it would be so awesome to see a proper live-action Robin again! Generally though, I hope that the DCEU starts to bring more characters together. I think by building more connections and stories between iconic DC characters, the deeper and more impactful the DCEU will feel. I do think we’re heading in that direction though, so I’m really excited!

9 Likes

As long as Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn the Animated Series continue, I’ll be happy.

9 Likes

You too!!

Woah, this is a really interesting question hah. While I’d like to say where I grew up is the most similar to Gotham, I don’t think Boston is really that gritty. After thinking about it a bit, I think I do feel a connection/familiarity to Billy Batson’s hometown of Fairfield–it feels like a pretty decent comparison to a New England city.

7 Likes

This seems like a good time to jump in, so, here I go! Today’s Trivia Corner, looks back at a film classic from the 70s. A popular period for sci-fi films that saw the release of Logan’s Run, Rollerball and Close Encounters among many others. One standout (for me, anyway) starred Charlton Heston. It was called Soylent Green. Which, next year will be celebrating it’s 50th anniversary. That, in and of it self, would be worth mentioning, But I bring it up now, because the story takes place in the futuristic year of 2022. If any of you haven’t seen it, I recommend it. I might also suggest that you view it “cold.” Without any on-line searches or anything that could give away the surprise ending. For those of you who have seen it, you know what I’m talking about. :wink:

As with many other stories of the future, they try to comment (subtly or otherwise) on the present world we live in. “Green” is no different. And it’s predictions are hit 'n miss, as these thing often are. Never seeing the premiere democratic nation of the world, once again being challenged from within, by political forces who would undermine it. Changing it’s very nature to something very different! All of which makes your vote today, Nov, 8th, vitally important.

Where I am, voting polling places have closed. Which means that now (except for time zone differences and mail-in ballots), everywhere else in the country, the waiting begins, as the counting continues. Many races are very close, and may come down to just a handful of votes, one way or the other. One of them, could be yours! To that end, I hope we were all responsible citizens today. And that those of us who could vote, did indeed do so!

Thus endth my comments on our patriotic natures. After all, what would Bruce, Barbara or Ollie think! And when all is said an done, may we peacefully live with the choices America has made for herself, this Nov 8th, 2022. Have a good night all.

8 Likes

@Jitsu what about characters like Freddy Kruger, Jason Vorhees, Chucky

7 Likes

Things I didn’t know I needed until now: this. :point_up:

6 Likes

Hey @Jitsu are you in the mood for some great vocal group sounds? Well, here you go:

Do you have any favorite vocal groups? I am just a sucker for doo wop oldies, plus the female groups, like the Supremes, the Andrews Sisters, the Ronettes, etc.

6 Likes

So @Jitsu , do you have any favorite fantasy or other genre authors? What was the last book you read?

6 Likes

Elsewhere in the community, there’s a fun little brain teaser asking us which DC character would we like to marry or date. But we haven’t heard from you concerning this. Come on, @Jitsu , give with the information. Please?

6 Likes

Hello Jitsu do you think that we could ever get to see a Super Sons Comic where Circe attacked the Justice League’s Headquarters and also turns members of the Justice League Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, The Flash, Green Lantern Jessica Cruz, and also Zatanna all back into babies again using the Magical Water’s from the Fountain of Youth and now it’s up to Superboy, and also Robin for to find some solution or Acient artifact for to turn them back into their normal ages again and also stop Circe from taking over Themyscira by turning everyone in it back into babies again as well too as Queen Hippolyta now that the Justice League her biggest treat to her plans are currently out of her way Circe thinks at least!

7 Likes

Today’s Trivia Corner, again comes from Hollywood. But this time, with a very direct connection to our beloved comics! I recently rewatched a movie from 2007, titled I Am Legend. It was distributed by Warner Bros. The 3rd remake of a sci-fi book of the same name. It’s authored by Richard Matheson, and was published in 1954. The scene to watch for, occurs within the first 7 minutes, just before the title comes up.

Our hero (who believes himself to be the last man on Earth), has just failed to secure the dinner he had hoped to bag for he and his dog. Deer, among other wildlife, roam freely among the deserted streets of San Francisco. He then realizes the sun is going down. And when that happens, “they” come out. The camera pans up from him to view the surrounding downtown signage and billboards. One very prominent board has no words. Just two recognizable images, now merged to form something new!

Nine years later, 2016, an almost identical emblem would come to represent BVS: Dawn of Justice. Clearly, someone from Warner’s art department is a comics fan! As the S/Bat logo (which first appeared with the title back in 2003) wouldn’t have made it up there, otherwise. The pan only last for a few seconds. And anyone not a comics fan, wouldn’t have thought twice about it. But I’m glad I did, and could share that with you all today!

Before I close, one final comment on “the” voice of Batman. Actor Kevin Conroy may be gone, but for a whole generation of kids (and old timers like myself), he brought the Dark Knight to life. As much as Clayton “Bud” Collyer was the voice of Superman, for our grandparents on radio, we’ll always have Kevin.

And remember boys 'n girls, get lots of exercise, eat your vegetables and drink plenty of milk. Moms know it contains Protein, Vitamin-D and Calcium for good teeth and strong bones. Bye for now!

Stay safe, be well.

7 Likes

I can phrase this as a question…?

What’s the easiest way to search out graphic novels in Ultra?

And as a statement.

It needs to be easier to search the graphic novels in Ultra.

9 Likes

Hey J,

*checks calendar *

It’s mid-November! Any ETA on the Vertigo/Black Label/Collected Editions Ultra additions list?

7 Likes

Speaking of adding comics, any discussion on adding the old Charlton,Fawcett or other brands acquired by DC.

5 Likes

This was wonderful to read! Both the trivia, and the musings on election day. Your presence here in Office Hours is always appreciated @wrightline1.42741!

8 Likes

I’d loooove those characters in a DC story! I think particularly Freddy Kruger, because of the very supernatural natures of his powers–could be an awesome faceoff between him and Bats!

6 Likes

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

This might surprise you, but the answer is a resounding YES! My favorites are the Pentatonix, Straight No Chaser, and Rockapella. Fun fact: I was actually in an acapella group in high school! I can’t say I was very good, but we had a blast and I think back on those memories very fondly :smiley:

7 Likes