Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

and the GL show?

5 Likes

I have no clue

4 Likes

Stay tuned folks, I thought that information was solid. It still may be! With WB/D every day’s a new adventure!

5 Likes

I don’t think my mind has ever changed so fast about homework! @CKComics-Rebel-2ndinCommand I WILL probably fail to make that encyclopedia for you!

If you do, you should try to publish it.

5 Likes

Hey friends! Just a heads up that there will be no Office Hours next week (September 20th)!

See you all for the next office hours on September 27!

<3 Jitsu

8 Likes

As a welcome back from your 2 week hiatus, I figured I’d hit you up with a dose of something you seem to enjoy so much. So, here it is, just as I originally composed it, for Trivia Corner! :slightly_smiling_face:

Batman Day has come and gone. But the Caper Crusader will always be with us. Many, even believing that he has replaced the Man of Steel as DC’s flagship character. Truly a debate for another day. On the other hand, most Batman fans are aware of (and have seen) his classic crossover meeting with the Green Hornet, early in his 2nd season on ABC. But, did you know that this would be (in reality) the 3rd of 4 such meetings?

Yup, I kid you not! On Sept 16th of '66, they first appeared together in a comedy skit on the Milton Berle show, to promote the new GH series on the network, that season. This would be followed up with a cameo window appearance on the Sept. 28th episode of Batman. Again purely as promotion for the new Hornet show. Then of course, the major team-up/face-off 2 parter, that arrived in March of '67, with the Batman episode titled “A Piece of the Action.”

We would have to wait 47 years for these two teams to clash once again. The Hornet (rights held by Dynamite Entertainment at that time) would crossover with Batman '66 in a 6 issue mini-series. Once again, against Colonel (now General) Gumm, and his partner in crime, the Joker. Beautiful original covers by Alex Ross. They were also published with variants. Great stuff. If you haven’t seen it, you owe it to yourself to track it down. Kudos of course to Kevin Smith, Ralph Garman and Ty Templeton, for a job well done.

Well, that a wrap, boys 'n girls. Always remember to listen to Mom and Dad. Look both ways before crossing the street. And drink plenty of rich, chocolaty Ovaltine! Bye for now! :grinning:

Stay safe, be well.

7 Likes

Hey @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
It’s your friendly neighborhood Reaganfan78!
Guess what I did last week?!
No…I didn’t see a new movie.
No…I didn’t resubcribe to Marvel Unlimited just yet, but you’re getting warmer!
Yup, I subscribe to DC Universe Infinite for a whole year! :smiley:
I can’t wait to see what you guys have plans, right now I’m thinking of reading State Fear storyline, I had no ideas there was alot of books, this should be fun.
Anyway I heard that Mad Magazine is coming to DC Universe, Have you ever read it? I haven’t, if you have, what’s that Magazine is like?
I’ve seen it at Barnes & Noble bookstore but never look into it, it’s not like Playboy is it? Cause if it is, I’ll pass.
Also another new book that I’ve just enjoy reading is Batman/Superman: World’s Finest. Finally a book series I can enjoy each month knowing it has no number limits, and it’s a continuous.
This is probably the longest post I ever wrote to you, thankyou so much for your time and have a great evening. :slightly_smiling_face:

Reaganfan78

7 Likes

Heyoooo! :wave:

WOOOOO love to see it! I wish we had a cool jacket or somethin’ for annual subscribers.

Heck yeah, that’s some great reading right there. I’m glad you’re getting into some new books!

MAD Magazine is great! I had a subscription for many years back in the 90s and early 2000s. It’s definitely not similar to Playboy or anything like that. I’d say it’s a satirical view on current events, and fun/whacky commentary on life. Sometimes the humor is hit or miss, but overall, MAD is a very storied magazine that has some great humor in it. I haven’t really read it since like 2006 or so, but I did enjoy it back in the day! Let us know what you think, if you ever end up reading it!

That’s awesome! It’s one of the things that makes me love comics so much–just a continuous flow of stories and adventures.

Always a pleasure! Have a great night! :batparrot:

7 Likes

Yesssss, I love the Trivia Corner!

You got me on this one–I didn’t know that!

This is so interesting. I love learning about the lesser-known appearances and crossovers within the DC Universe. And with a roster the size of what DC has, there are bound to be dozens of crossovers that many people just don’t know about.

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for another great Trivia Corner! Always a good time. Have a great night!

8 Likes

Thankyou, then I’m in, looking forward to read Mad Magazine!
Want to know what Mad Hatter favorite Magazine to read in Arkham?
A Mad Magazine! :rofl:

6 Likes

There was this magical period when the Cartoon Network first went live and their stables of cartoons was basically just Looney Tunes and Hanna Barbera reruns.

And then, a few years ago, there was this magical time when DC Comics was playing with those characters with things like Future Quest and The Snagglepuss Chronicles.

Do you have any favorites from the Hanna Barbera roster that you would like to see given either a mini or ongoing series?

For example, I think there is a dark comedy/sports manga waiting for the characters of Wacky Racers. And I think there is a lot of comedy (and drama) to mine from the at-home-from-tour lives of Josie and the Pussycats.

7 Likes

As a Batman fan, what Batman story from the past would you like to see revisited and who would be your writer and artist of choic?

7 Likes

Hey Jitsu! I have two questions I wanted to ask you today!

1: Who is you’re favorite member of the Justice league dark?

2: If you could turn any comic into a animated movie what would you pick?

8 Likes

Oooh, I really like this question!

Here’s my pitch:

A dark, horror-inspired reimagining of Scooby-Doo. Heavily influenced by the works of John Carpenter, with a dash of Jordan Peele’s recent films. Maybe Scooby gets his ability to communicate with humans through an experiment gone wrong? I think it would almost feel like the first season of True Detective…could be fun!

9 Likes

Have you seen this?

10 Likes

I feel like a kid in a candy shop answering this question!

Dark Knight Returns, written by Brian Azzarello with art by Lee Bermejo. This would be my DREAM.

9 Likes

What’s your favorite Hanna Barbera comic you’ve read?

7 Likes

I have not. You’re awesome! Thank you for dropping by with this!

8 Likes

Hello there!

Gotta be John Constantine. His quippy remarks and cool demeanor combined with his impressive powers easily makes him one of my all-time favorite characters.

Oh wow, what a question! Hmmm…I’d say the 1994 Batman/Spawn crossover, which is proudly displayed on a shelf in my living room. It would be so cool to see Spawn and Bats go at it in an animated film!

9 Likes

I agree! It’s not even my question and I’m over here thinking of all of the great writers, artists, and stories!

A great choice of candy.
@RexRebel, please drop one your picks!!

7 Likes