Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Have you seen this?

Maybe not exactly how you described.

7 Likes

Yes! This would be fantastic.

Shaggy: Like, I don’t sleep, maan. I just dream.

8 Likes

Hey @Jitsu,
Congratulation for reaching over 1000 post in the office hour thread. I have 1 last question, with DC Universe turned 4 this month, have you ever join DC Universe before becoming a moderater? :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hello @Jitsu ! Do you have a favorite Batman costume (can be comics, live-action, or animated), or one you especially dislike? Personally, I have a soft spot for the elegance and exquisite ear length of BTAS (I have a theory that there is a direct correlation between Batman’s ear length and the quality of the Batman media)

7 Likes

Constantine is my favorite JLD member also! A spawn and Batman animated film would be so cool!

8 Likes

what dc cartoon would you want ? mine is batman and superman it would be a dream come true for me

8 Likes

Well, I am going a bit old school, Alan Moore and Jack Kirby for Batman/Spawn.

6 Likes

Don’t mind me responding 3 weeks later. I like to keep y’all in suspense.

I would absolutely revive Swamp Thing, that show was incredible and who doesn’t want to see more of Crystal Reed?

9 Likes

I’ll second that like a trillion times, to both reviving Swamp Thing and more Crystal Reed.

9 Likes

Sorry for the too late entry gang, but I just got home. And no Trivia Corner tonight my friends. Instead I want to reflect on the nature of change in the DCU, as seen through the eyes of an ole’ timer.

The first super-hero family that I can recall, dates all the way back to the 1940s. That being the so named Marvel Family. Who also had a comic title by that name. Even that basic threesome grew over time to include a few Lt. Marvels and an “uncle” Dudley. Truth to tell, they were pretty unique for quite a while. Over at DC (after they had acquired Fawcett’s stable of stars), we started to see the beginnings of similar growth patterns. It began with Flash #123, when Barry Allen’s world collided with that of the original speedster from Earth 2, Jay Garrick. And man, has his world grown since then. Getting his own “sidekick” (with a terrible copy-cat origin story), the Flash Family had (when last I looked) increased to double digits, and counting. The Batman Family is doing it’s very best, tsk, tsk, to keep pace!

Originally, whenever we got a Super “this” it was usually followed by a Bat “that.” Done either for creative storytelling, copyright purposes, or both. Some of that I suspect, is still true. Now however, the very complex and overcrowded worlds that brought about the “house cleaning” that was the first Crisis, are now celebrated and growing. The Multiverse continues to expand by leaps and bounds. As all Elseworld stories became “real,” and now simply exist on “other” Earths.

It’s all a little much for me, these days. Way too many characters trippin’ over each other, for my tastes. But then, I was born into the much simpler time, of 10 cent comics. To all you youngsters today, who live 'n die by your “smartphones” and such, I admire your ability to keep up with it all. Personally, I find it quite exhausting. But don’t mind me, these are just the musings of an old man, about to call it a night. So, take care all. I’ll soon be off to visit Morpheus. :yawning_face: May he look kindly on my dreams tonight.

7 Likes

Hello @Jitsu,
With The office being made into Lego set, I wanted to share you the two office picture stories I’ve made up over a year ago when Applejack had her Office hours, hope you like it, I had fun making them. :smiley:

Have a great day.:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hi @Jitsu with so much happening (DC Universe Ultra, Doom Patrol and Titans returning, Flash and Black Adam coming), things seem to be getting exciting for DC fans. What event are you most excited about? Me, I’m finally going to be able to check out Jurassic League, Doom Patrol’s return to HBO Max (I met April Bowlby at New York Comic Con…sigh :heart: :heart: :heart:), and the Harley Quinn Valentine’s Special! Woo hoo!!!

PS: I will post pictures of some of my Comic Con booty soon as well as the photo of me and Ms. Bowlby!

7 Likes

Hey J,

I discovered this new page (at least, I think it’s a new page):

What the heck is it going to be used for?

7 Likes

Alrighty then. Explain this Ultra thing to us, if you could.

7 Likes

Hey J,

So, it’s clear now that the addition of graphic novels that was promoted referred solely to the YA graphic novels that DC has put out in recent years. So, where does that leave things like the rest of the Earth One series? We only got the first books of those when they were added to DCUI, and some we didn’t get at all, like Teen Titans: Earth One. They don’t exactly fit into the category of Vertigo/Black Label/Collected Editions, but will these be coming with the additions of those books in mid-November?

9 Likes

I just posted the Doom Patrol related photos in the Doom Patrol Club area, and I will be posting the other two DC related photos soon.

7 Likes

And time once again, for Trivia Corner! Long before becoming Lois Lane, to Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel in 2013, actress Amy Adams first introduction to the world of Superman, was in an early season 1 episode of Smallville, from 2001. It was titled “Cravings” and she was that weeks villain. To say that she quite literally “chewed up the scenery” wouldn’t be an understatement.

Well, that’s a wrap boys 'n girls. And remember to always brush your teeth, say your prayers, and be sure to eat plenty of Kellogg’s PEP, the super delicious cereal for breakfast. Bye for now!

7 Likes

Hey Jitsu! Any chance we could get a list of all the series and graphic novels which have been added to DCUI, and DCUI Ultra?

10 Likes

There are dropdown lists in the FAQ post, about halfway through:

9 Likes

Hot damn, Shadow of the Batgirl on DCUI!

13 Likes