🟣 ⚫ Celebrating 30 Years of Stephanie Brown ⚫ 🟣

I also read it slow, as that’s how the conversation would have been in real life since Steph is in such bad shape. It’s almost like torturing myself, but that’s the way the writers would intend it, I would think. (Incidentally, what issues have Steph as Robin, including this one and any aftermath? It’s been a very long time since I read it. Thanks.)

2 Likes

I got it on Amazon. Go there and search for " DC Comics Multiverse Detective Comics Spoiler Figure." It’s $31.58 and there is one left.

Also, a novice question: how do you quote the post you are replying to, and how to you reply to multiple posts at once? Thank you!

2 Likes

This list puts all of them in order, though of course things that deal with the aftermath like the Robins: Being Robin series are listed elsewhere on the wiki (in the Infinite Frontier section)

Left click and drag over the text you wish to quote in the original posts, and it should pop up a “quote” button for you.

2 Likes

James Gunn just announced some plans for the DCU, and one is called Batman: The Brave and the Bold (not to be confused with the very cool animated TV series). He mentioned this will be the way to introduce “the Batman family” into the DCU. That certainly leaves the door open for us to see Steph! What I didn’t catch is whether this will be a movie or a TV series.

1 Like

There’s actually a grand total of 6 Heroclix figures of Stephanie, with three distinct sculpts. So you can get her as Batgirl, Robin, or Spoiler! It’s entirely possible this is the only merch of her as Robin.
Here’s a list of all of her figures:
LG001 Spoiler
LG002 Spoiler
LG003 Spoiler
WKD16-015 Batgirl
BM016 Batgirl
HQ031 Robin

2 Likes

Holy cow! I had no idea. I will look into these immediately. Thank you!

2 Likes

That’s my thought, too! We gotta keep up the love for Steph in the shops, on the net, and everywhere! If they see that we love her, they might give us a good one! (Still salty that they wasted the chance to cast Kathryn Newton as her…still, Kathryn will be a great Cassie Lang).

What’s the difference between those Spoilers?

2 Likes

They have slightly different game effects. Early in the game they would release 3 versions of each character, each more powerful but more expensive (in terms of teambuilding) than the previous one. These figures are very, very old so the differences between them in today’s game is negligible but it should be noted that for years LG003 Spoiler was regarded as a pretty good piece, much more notable than the other 2.

3 Likes

I have NO CLUE which of the Spoilers I have, since I never played the game, just collected some of the very fun figs! I think I have both of the Batgirls, though - is one better than the other?

2 Likes

The figures should have their set numbers printed somewhere on the base.
Personally I prefer the WK-D16-015 Batgirl, though it’s more a matter of taste than anything else- they both play pretty differently.

3 Likes

Heads up that Steph shows up in todays’ issue of The Joker Season 2 (The Man Who Stopped Laughing) #5, and she’s drawn by one of my dream artists, Carmine di Giandomenico! A pretty cool appearance, following up on her two cameos in Task Force Z.

2 Likes

Hot dog, an excuse to read that! :partying_face:

Which issues, pweez?

2 Likes

Issues 9 and 12!

3 Likes

Wunderbar! Danke, herr Steph fan.

2 Likes

When you read em, do let the thread know what you think! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Watashi wa kore kara (“I will.” in Japanese).

2 Likes

Great art!

2 Likes

I found out recently that the comic book that re-established that Steph was a Robin is Young Justice Volume 3 Issue 5, which I just read. I loved the story, and the art is fantastic. I love how Steph and Tim are drawn. Having only read this issue in the middle of an arc, it implied that Steph was in issues before this one and in ones to come. Is that true? If so I may pick them up. (Also, by chance I got the variant cover that has Robin and Spoiler on it!)

3 Likes

I just ordered all three Spoiler figures. They came together on eBay by luck. When I get them I’ll post pictures and we’ll see together what the differences are!

3 Likes

Steph doesn’t show up in issue #1-4, but she does show up (in surprising ways) in issues 8-15 (sometimes in very small appearances, sometimes in larger ones), and then is one of two main characters in issue #18 (the other character is Tim). That Kris Anka Robin and Spoiler (and Zatanna) cover is just AMAZING. I have it too! Steph’s also in the last two issues of Young Justice, #19-20, as a supporting character.

Awesome - can’t wait!

3 Likes