Birds of Prey

Well, I adore Batwing a lot. But probably not as much as I love Cass. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes much love for Wing but Cass is my girl.

3 Likes

All the love! (though as you can tell from my profile pic, my girl is Steph!)

4 Likes

Hey everybody! Got another DCSHG WAL! :popcorn::partying_face:

4 Likes

Ps. @D4RK5TARZ @capo-mage @millernumber1 :star_struck: Thanx for the figures! We’re gonna get that BOP collector thread up very soon! I hope you all add to it! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I definitely will!

4 Likes

You’re welcome ty. I’ll have to think of all the BOP. I know Ivy & Katana were in & I’ve got a good amount of those. I’ll have to check all the lineups, & than locate the figures. Hopefully get more b4 than. Gotta do some shelf space arrangements. Putting it off cuz idk where to start lol.

4 Likes

@BirdsofPrey Alert! Please join us for another night of merriment and friendship! :hugs:

6 Likes

I’ll be there! :+1:

7 Likes

I’m curious to see what you guys think of this.

So DC announced back on Thursday that they’re creating a new Batman: Secret Files series, with each issue being a 40-page one-shot highlighting a member of the Batman family.

The first one in June will be focused on Duke Thomas/The Signal as he comes back from his sabbatical from Gotham. But what’s more pertaining to this club is the July issue focused on The Huntress, which not only has an insane team of Mariko Tanaki and David Lapham (!!!), Helena is also gaining…a super power?

On Tuesday July 27, Detective Comics and Eisner Award-winning writer Mariko Tamaki teams up with acclaimed Stray Bullets writer/artist David Lapham for a new tale featuring Gotham City’s Violet Vengeance! Huntress has been through a LOT lately…including her brain being invaded by a violent parasite bent on sending her on a deadly slugfest. If that wasn’t enough, now she has to deal with enhanced abilities too, thanks to a villain by the name of Vile. This parasite has given her the ability to see through the eyes of his victims and this is not her idea of a good time! Huntress isn’t one to be played with, and she’s on the hunt for Vile, with a crossbow bolt with his name on it!

It sounds like something that could be wrapped up and reversed at the end of this story, but it could also be something that sticks around. What would you guys think of Helena having a super power like this?

6 Likes

I’m not sure about a super powered Huntress, honestly. But I’m eager to check out it out. I’m sure we’ll cover this storyline once it drops here!

4 Likes

I don’t like her having a super power, but it sounds like it could be temporary, which could be okay.

5 Likes

:thinking: I dont know how I feel about this. I’ll certainly give it shot, of course. :00_huntress2: I :purple_heart: her.

4 Likes

Hey @BirdsofPrey! Got some brand new reading for ya—continuing our spotlight on :00_huntress1: Join us! :books: :coffee: :purple_heart:

Also, if you’re interested in more info and/or testing your Crossbow Killer Huntress knowledge, stop by this awesome DC History Club thread right​:point_down:here.

9 Likes

Cry For Blood is one of my favorite evers. So good!!!

5 Likes

I’m down with it. Reminds me of an issue I just read in The Batman Chronicles. Blind guy had a power where if he touched u or u touched him. He could see everything u were seeing thru your eyes. I thought it was a cool idea & a cool power?

5 Likes

Oh, that was Legends of the Dark Knight, which we actually covered over at WOB a couple of months ago. Pretty good stories, written by Dwayne McDuffie.

5 Likes

That’s right. I remember being super excited when I saw his name at the beginning. Yeah, that was a quality read for sure. Went thru the whole roller coaster of emotions.

4 Likes

Rad! I read Cry for Blood when it came out, so a re-read will be fun and fresh (funky too? Mebs).

pulls out a couple Huntress action figures

For emphasis’ sake as I read. :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

AS WE ALL SHOULD! :slight_smile:

6 Likes