Birds of Prey Movie

3 Likes

Black Canary with a bat. My statement ends there.
:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

You know, I’ve read all the negative arguments about how they are not keeping to source material, they are changing the character too much, etc, etc. I myself have been a long time purist. I’ve despised the slightest changes from comic book canon. But recently this light bulb went on and I’ve realized, “We live in a DC Multiverse.” We now have Dark Nights Metal with a new multitude of Dark Universes. While I still agree with do not deviate from canon arguements, I have learned to embrace DC’s diversity of creations or iterations of different characters and events. I chalk it up as either my favorite or not my favorite. But I still support the multitude of iterations they come up with.

3 Likes

The “Multiverse” argument can only go so far, though. Some changes are understandable and even necessary when translating a comic to the big screen or the TV show, but if they don’t stay true to certain elements of a given character, then “alternate reality” doesn’t save that any more than it would the script. Already they seemed to have done a lousy job with Cass Cain, and made her less interesting, which is something only Tynion managed to do before now.

1 Like

I agree that there will always be changes between the comics and the movies, but this seems to be way off. It is off enough that I doubt I will see it in theater but will see it at some point, probably when it comes out on Blu-Ray. It could very will be a good movie, who knows. However, movies have not fared that well when they stray too much ( ie, the last Fantastic 4 movie )

2 Likes

Uhh, what? That’s literally the reason the Avengers movies are so successful.

2 Likes

Again, very good arguments, can’t disagree. I think @ParallaxCreates said it best (or didn’t say it rather).

But I have discovered if I can move past my more canonical/purist views, I find I can enjoy the latest rendition much better. I’m hoping I am as pleasantly surprised about this next movie as I was the last. Joker was such a different take; it just blew me away. I hope their character angles move me the same way. But

4 Likes

Looking super banged up.

1 Like

Zsasz about to put a smile on that face?:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t get why Black Canary, with all her superhuman power, would need a bat lol… But we’ll see, maybe the bat will be incorporated into the way she uses her cry powers? Although I can’t think how… But we’ll see.

2 Likes

New TOTAL FILM covers

2 Likes

Great pictures!!

1 Like

Lost birdie

1 Like

Our Canary

1 Like

Helena!!!

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Every still I see makes me more and more sure that this will be a colorful, fun, and absolutely hectic adventure. I can’t wait! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Love this box art!

1 Like