Birds of Prey Movie

I was so thrilled when I heard it was coming out! I loved the show when it was on, because it was so totally chic-centric & that doesn’t always make for a large fan base. And, that is a complete shame!!!
The boxed dvd set of the series was the first tv series I ever bought. :grin:
Other than the show I loved, there was also a bunch of really hilarious & cool animated “shorts” with Harley, Ivey, Cat Woman & Batgirl that were also totally chic-centric. Yay, GIRLS!!! :grin:

2 Likes

I really enjoy Margot’s Harley but from what I’ve seen of the trailers, they’ve completely changed Cass’s backstory. She seems to be able to speak fine and if Harley’s offering her protection, I have to wonder if she even knows martial arts. It’s nothing like the Cassandra Cain I’m a fan of so I’m nervous. They should have just made up a new character if they’re not going to use Cass to her full potential. That being said, I’ll go to see the movie in theaters and decide then if I love it or hate it.

2 Likes

Thanks for a very accurate complaint. I was never a huge fan of her so it doesn’t bother me that much but I get how it would be frustrating for you.

Also it nice to see someone acknowledging that she’s pretty much the only radical departure from the comics. Everyone keep saying they change the characters just because they don’t have the comics “suits” meanwhile their essences is obviously there. From all the interviews, article and footage we got we can clearly see that Canary, Montoya, and Huntress are definitely the same As their comics counterparts.

5 Likes

I haven’t read any articles, but the trailer didn’t leave me feeling the “essence” of any of the other characters were intact. Although, to be fair, the trailer was entirely focused on Harley, so there wasn’t a lot to go on in general.

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah, it kind of seems like the only thing that they cared about Cassandra was that she’s Asian. She’s one of my favorite Bat-Family characters, and the fact that her ethnicity seems to be the only part of her character the filmmakers cared about augers poorly. Also, am I the only person wondering where Black Mask’s black mask is?

1 Like

Here

3 Likes

Right here

1 Like

This movie looks so unique and vibrant! I can’t wait to see it :star_struck:

5 Likes

In the new official Birds of Prey trailer we see the mask!

1 Like

Finally. It reminds me of the Stallone Judge Dredd movie. “We paid for this actor, may as well show his face.”

2 Likes

The HQ animated series is just so good, and Cuoco is so good as the voice of Harley, I wonder if this movie might suffer from the comparison.

1 Like

Great new trailer. Less than one month until it comes out. Looking forward to seeing what kind of antics they get themselves into.

1 Like

I’m so excited. I find it interesting that the aspects people don’t like - race swap, changing black mask gay, different character looks and interpretations, and using Harley Quinn - I’m super pumped and intrigued with. I do hope to see some more faithful looks and batgirl in a possible sequel.

2 Likes

The new trailer was awesome. Enjoyed the humor and I can tell they changed (but what movie doesn’t that what I enjoy the most is seeing what was done different to make it unique) some stuff mainly with cass but that’s what I get from the trailer. I definitely feel the movie will make her seem like cass one way or another.

But I’m excited to see it all. It looks like a lot of fun especially with the fact I think the entire movie is told from Harley’s point of view so it may not all be true know her twisted mind.

The thing I’m most excited for it Black Maks been a fan of him since Arkham Origins and liked him ever since. Nice to see the mask. Definitely feel this is the origin of how it melted to his face. Also enjoy all the Obi jokes people are making. It’s going to be a fun movie.

1 Like
3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

I’m about to watch this movie right now!!!

(Just watched it. It was badass!
My mom watched it with me and thought it was badass too!)

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @WickedRose.
Glad you enjoyed the movie. I hope to see it tomorrow.

1 Like