Birds of Prey Movie

I want to see this movie, so bad!

f10424d504df8295ba344d34ed2b19a9

17 Likes

I know! Iā€™m excited for it too. I wonder how theyā€™ll portray the Canary Cry.

3 Likes

@nu52
I think the movie will be a lot of fun!

5 Likes

I have a lot of hope for this movie. Iā€™m loving the art style and colors for the promotional stuff.

4 Likes

It definitely looks like it will be a blast! Iā€™m really excited to see Huntress and Black Canaryā€¦ i just hope theyā€™re done justice (which it seems like they will be). And of course, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn looks just as great as usual.

3 Likes

Iā€™m so excited for this. I have high hopes because of Margot Robbie. This starting as a stand alone and her pulling BOP into it because ā€œHarley does better with friendsā€ makes me feel like she gets my favorite character. Harley is always happy in a ā€˜gangā€™. Lol the costumes look amazing, the trailer is epic and Iā€™m usually all about Harley and Joker.

3 Likes

I have a very unpopular opinion about how this movie is being served up.

I really donā€™t want to get DeadShot sent after me on this one but oh well here we goooo (Slick Rick).

1. The fact there will be a movie in which Black Canary will be taking to a backseat to a character like Harley Quinn is - as a fan - the same as Superman taking a backseat to Mister Mxyzptlkā€¦:roll_eyes: You canā€™t have two ā€œmain actors/actressesā€ in a movie so thereā€™s that.

2. Some of the birds being pulled into this movie is disheartening considering there is a strong chance there will not be a reboot/reiteration going in the direction of the teamā€™s real origin and that would have been 150 times more entertaining to see than what we are getting served up. On top of that, imagine it being done over several movies. The first being of course with Barbara teaming up with Dinah and then later Huntress joining in and maybe in a second movie Starling/Ladyhawk etc joining in for example. :thinking:

3. At the least from the impression the media revolving around the movie is giving of Black Canary I am not liking it. Sheā€™s way too strong of a character (in comics) than what Smollet seems to be acting out on screen - but that also can be due to the writer, Christina Hudson.

And she also lacks the intimidation factor Dinah has in the comics as drawn by many pencilers in DC Comics. Like, Black Canary (comics) :fist_right: vs :fist_left:Black Canary (movie, Black Canary (comics) wins. :muscle:

1. Renee Montoya, I like Rosie from the later 80s and early 90s but sheā€™s way to comical and quirky for playing a serious character like Renee.

2. Cassandra Cain, so much to say here but weā€™ll have to see what happens in the actual movie. But so far, no good. That is ofc regarding what we know of her from the panels.

3. Iā€™ll stop here because I donā€™t want to get sniped from 1,000 meters by Deadshot. :face_with_head_bandage:

Good Things:

As someone who works in CG and in the digital industry, I love the art. I am a very coloful person, I live in Miami so a lot attributes to that. So yes, aesthetically the movie is super artsy and I love it for that so far. Black Mask being in the movie is also a plus for me. As an inline skater, I am also digging the rollerblades I saw Harley on.

In closing, the movie looks fun. I just think of what could have been.

ParallaxCreates OUT! :batman_hv_5:

10 Likes

I always loved the birds of prey team! Iā€™m happy we get a film about them at last!

3 Likes

ā€¦or somewhat about themā€¦maybe loosely based on them.

Nothing personal Peter, my beef is with this movie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

CBR - Comic Book Resources: First Birds of Prey TV Spot Gathers Harley Quinnā€™s Crew | CBR.

1 Like

Itā€™s getting them to a new crowd. Helping people who come for Harley fall in love with lesser known characters and get a proper BOP movie. They had them on the back burner and was putting it off. Robbie did what she could and pulled them into her movie.

4 Likes

Iā€™m SO DANG EXCITED for this movie!!! It looks like itā€™s going to be a lot of fun and Iā€™m so ready to love every character in it in a whole new way. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I will have to see this one on the big screen. I think the movie is rated-R too.

1 Like

Birds of Prey will be good

1 Like

I agree with you. The movie looks like a lot of fun but it should have been just a Harley Quinn film FEATURING The Birds of Prey.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™s gonna be good.

2 Likes

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjkvOTAxL2kwMi9Cb1AucG5n

3 Likes

3 Likes

Every time I see a new trailer or image, I get twice as pumped to see this movie. :smiley: This is going to be so cool!

4 Likes