Batman Doesn’t Have Time for Jim Gordon

This page is from Batman & The Signal #1. It’s a great example of how Batman’s behavior rubs off on even the newest member of the Batfamily (and also had me laughing out loud).

1 Like

What about when Gordon is Batman? :smiley:

4 Likes

I thought I remembered one involving Jim’s stint as Batman! Thank you for finding and posting this one, @SectorReflector! Isn’t it interesting that Damian, Jim, and Bruce all pull the “now you see me, now you don’t” when they’re The Caped Crusader? :grin:

1 Like

One of the underrated moments and scenes in Dark Knight. So good!

3 Likes

I agree! I’m so glad that The Dark Knight used a lot of comic inspiration. It goes a long way with DC fans!

2 Likes

Batman doesn’t have time for Jimbo, especially when he’s in a Deathstroke comic!

Deathstroke (The Terminator) #7

2 Likes

… and then he hangs up on Nightwing 2 pages later! :rofl:

3 Likes

I found a Batgirl disappearance on her own Dad, lol.

2 Likes

This isn’t technically on Jim, but love it when he pulls it on Gotham and Gotham Girl in the beginning of the rebirth storyline. Jim’s not even surprised while the siblings are freaking out. Then, later on, “at least he let us see him leave this time.”

4 Likes

:smile: Jim will never get it, @capo-mage. I still love the reference @SectorReflector found where Batgirl is trying to teach him. Lol.

Oh snap! Good one, @chongoboy1014.74577. Welcome to the thread!

3 Likes

I love the whole Gotham Guy & Girl Storyline.

2 Likes

Maybe a stretch but after rescuing a victim from a Talon near Jim, Batman gets Batman’d by the bad guy.

3 Likes

I’m not going to go look for it, but back in Knightquest (the storyline immediately following Knightfall) once Azrael/Jean Paul Valley had taken up the mantle one of the first interactions of Az-Bats and Gordon has Gordon telling him details on a case, with most of the details being given as his back is turned away from Batman and then he turns back and says “My god! You’re still here!”

2 Likes

I lied. I did go look for it. Also I misremembered, it was from Detective Comics #666 chapter 18 of Knightfall (almost Knightquest…)

4 Likes

I was so excited to post something about this I didn’t bother to read the whole thread, just jumped ahead and now realize @JeepersItsTheJamags posted the exact same thing as me over a month ago. I wish I could say this is my first time on the internet…SMH

1 Like

Ah here we have a good one where Robin Batmans Gordon’s wife, Sarah. Nice little contrast. Batman 465

4 Likes

Oh, I like those edge cases @SectorReflector! Batman getting Batman’d is so funny. Like Punk’d - specifically for The Bman. I’m surprised there haven’t been any skits involving that by now.

@JEREMY_of_218, I’m glad you went back and looked for the Knightfall panels. Thank you! Also, it’s ok that you were so excited to talk about it that you didn’t notice another post. Check out this fun anecdote @Gothamite.ZJN shared. :smile:

@Gothamite.ZJN, Batman’s tactics rub off on everyone in the Batfamily! Good spot!

3 Likes

Excellent examples in Batman: The Dark Prince Charming!

Letter from the author including the disappearing act

*If you’ve read these books, join @TheDarkKnieves’s discussion Batman: The Dark Prince Charming!

5 Likes

As soon as I saw this page, I thought about this discussion lol

3 Likes

That’s awesome @TheDarkKnieves! :grinning:

2 Likes