Batman Doesn’t Have Time for Jim Gordon

It never ceases to crack me up - Batman leaving Jim Gordon “in the dust” - aka silently disappearing mid-conversation. This thread is to discuss and relive all of those hilarious moments.

“Ain’t Nobody Got Time for You, Jim!” :batman_hv_5:

*Comic pages and panels most welcome

16 Likes

“One of these days, I’m gonna nail his feet to the floor.”

8 Likes

That’s a great topic. I can’t imagine the number of times I’ve read or heard “ I hate it when he does that” from Jimmy.

6 Likes

Also love when they reverse it & Batman says “ so that’s what that feels like”.

10 Likes

Awesome reference and start to the thread, @J3D28F.17202! I love that line!

2 Likes

Thank you, @capo-mage! I thought the same thing. It’s one of my favorite parts about their relationship. Lol.

The comic where Batman says that line is in when Superman is flying away but it’s a cool Easter egg in The Dark Knight as well.

Batman So Thats What It Feels Like gif

6 Likes

No problem, and I do, too.

3 Likes

One of my favorite moments that plays off of this is in Black Mirror when Dick Grayson has the mantle of Batman. I remember reading it and laughing. I like how much Dick is similar to Batman, but in moments like this how he contrasts him. I wonder how it must have felt for Gordon to experience the switch of Batman identities for the first time. I don’t think I read their first interaction after Dick took up the mantle.

8 Likes

Sorta the flip side of the coin, but worth mentioning, I think.

From LOTDK 125

8 Likes

Thought this was funny.

Source:

12 Likes

:joy: he called him “Chucko” I think I might call my kids that when I am laying down the law going forward

7 Likes

Thank you for the additions, everyone! I’m still keeping my eyes peeled for more examples but the thread is poppin’!

Good one, @Gothamite.ZJN! I believe that was used in The Dark Knight trilogy too!

Oh wow, @Batman0803! Super relevant and an awesome callout on Jim’s part! Zing!

:joy: Hilarious! Awesome find, @moro! Love the “Chucko” part too @Gothamite.ZJN!

5 Likes

I’ll keep sharing them as I come across them. Feels like that scene happens quite often, though, so it shouldn’t take long to stumble into one :joy: gotta love the alpha in Batman

3 Likes

I think that Jock is the perfect artist for Batman.

4 Likes

Here’s one that I would’ve posted earlier, but I thought it would be harder to find than it was. This is sort of the prototype for that Black Mirror one, from when Azrael takes over as Batman in Knightfall.

8 Likes

Nice! I haven’t yet read through the Knightfall saga, though I bought all three omnibuses lol looking forward to reaching that scene. Really cool stuff there. Glad you found it!

3 Likes

I completely agree. In the same scene that I posted - the page before - is this awesome spread of Gotham with a red sky. I’d like that on my wall without the speech bubbles and additional close up panels. Just the skyline of Gotham with the bat signal and Gordon and Batman on the roof.

3 Likes

I found a reverse in Batman Eternal. I’m rereading a few issues b4 I read Arkham Manor. Sometimes the pics don’t appear in the order there supposed to so hopefully it works. They were all separate pages.

Spoiler ditching Bats for a taste of his own medicine.

5 Likes

@Gothamite.ZJN was right about it being a common occurrence… I was rereading The Long Halloween and within the first issue alone he pulls the disappearing act twice :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Ah yes! How could I forget about that!? I remember reading that and thinking he leaves them hanging like that as a means to maintain control. It’s the ever-present reminder to Gordon that he cannot control the Batman. Batman will always come and go as he pleases. That’s one of the things I think I find this one of the most interesting parts about their partnership. Gordon tolerates Batman because he knows he cannot stop him. There could be more there but that’s what I’ve thought.

4 Likes