Batman 1989 (Movie)

:japan: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Some of the defining years of my childhood, right there.

3 Likes

I’ve a home video nerd itch, and looking back on Batman’s individual home video releases of the last going-on 34 years (as of this November) is the scratch I need.

VHS
Pan and scan:

Widescreen (i.e. the correct way to watch Batman at home):

Laserdisc

SN: The above is not my left hand, as all pictures in this post hail from eBay and Google.

DVD

1997 single disc release (Forget “Love that Joker!”, love that snapper case!):

2005 Two-Disc Special Edition:

Blu-ray

2009 20th anniversary digibook edition:

2009 standard Blu-ray (released in the Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology box set in 2009, followed by a solo release in 2010; both releases and discs are identical to one another):

2014 25th anniversary Blu-ray:

2019 4K Blu-ray:

The above does not include editions such as steelbooks, retail exclusive releases with alternate cover art and the like. Only regular, mass-released, individual editions of the flick.

All of the above are fantastic releases, especially the 4K edition, which features a beaut of a honey of a transfer. Keaton Batman + 4K = :kissing: :pinched_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

NOVEMBER 1989, INTERIOR 89FAMILY’S HOUSE- DC89’S ROOM

LittleSis89: How come you’re keeping the Batman video in your desk drawer and not downstairs in the living room with the other tapes?
DC89: Because I don’t want it to get damaged. I want it to stay as near mint as possible.
LittleSis89: Why’s that so important?
DC89:

:laughing:
And I’d like everyone to know that I still in fact have that very same tape to this day. :smiley: You’ll see it soon enough when I (finally :eyes:) get my figures/statues/stuffs display up. :+1:

I have this Blu-Ray set and I absolutely love it. It’s the best representation of the original B-Man 89 master negative and every time I pop it in it’s the pure 1989 movie theater quality presentation.
:purple_heart: :00_batman_1989:

4 Likes

Ditto. :batman:

xvhs1Ax

2 Likes

:smiley: :+1: :fist_right: :fist_left: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1992:

I still have our ‘Returns’ tape too!

3 Likes

:smiley: Mint squad!

3 Likes

:triumph: :muscle: :smiley:

3 Likes

I wasn’t super heavy into video games as a kid, but I definitely was thrilled when the folks got the Batman Nintendo game based on the film, for my brother and I.

Still got that too, original box and all!

xbmtvgnx

2 Likes

:+1:

I never got to play that. Is it good?

3 Likes

It was super fun, and it did capture the aesthetic of the film. My brother and I loved it.

The game was really challenging though, with some difficult sections. Come to think of it, I don’t remember being able to pass the game! :smile:

3 Likes

The internet has resurrected the original 1989 The Late Show BBC documentary on Batman: all in anticipation of Tim Burton’s film.

3 Likes

:smile:

I’mma look it up on YouTube.

3 Likes

Found it:

3 Likes

Ah the music and the memories!

Whoa, I didn’t know Bats did that at the end!? :exploding_head:

3 Likes

IKR? :flushed: Def goes against his no kills rule.

3 Likes

I remember the Cathedral part, and that first level of Axis Chemical because they had cool animated versions of scenes from the film.

I totally forgot about the robots. :smile:

3 Likes

The best way to watch is VHS.

3 Likes

The opening theme has not aged well. Everytime, it sounds like the game bugged up and froze, lol

3 Likes

I dunno, Keaton had none in the film, lol.

3 Likes