Batman 1989 (Movie)

I don’t know…you had a decidedly Stargirl vibe about you earlier, Dark Knight.

You might just be the Dark Stargirl.

3 Likes

No, her costume is better with light, bright colors.

3 Likes

Some would argue the same for Batman.

3 Likes

I can pull off any color.

Stargirl does best with mostly blue, as it matches her eyes.

3 Likes

Even you couldn’t pull off neon green-ish pants in 1998/99:

The less said about your accompanying Batmobile…

…the better.

However…you did pull off dark blue well in 1990:

3 Likes

I look so beautiful in all those pictures

4 Likes

Now, now. Don’t be in denial. Given how badly each of those items sold when at retail, I’d say the public thinks that Batman and green (that shade of green at least) is no bueno, amigo.

Also, banana yellow is not your thing:

Stargirl could rock that yellow, however.

3 Likes

It would match her hair.

4 Likes

Gordon: Batman - I’ve let a lot of things slide, one of them being your car. We all know it is far from street legal with the jet engine and all, but I can’t let it go anymore. Due to this new Batmobile of yours, blindness amongst the citizens has increased. I’m sorry ol’ friend, but we have to impound it.

4 Likes

Always loved this one. It’s design is kinda’ like Kenner saying “We see you in comics B-Man. We see you.” :+1:

4 Likes

Ooo- very cool B-Man 89 stuffs over at the DC shop:

And I’m def gonna snap up this BG tee. :smiley: :00_batgirl1:

3 Likes

letsgoshopping

batmohonk

3 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

3 Likes

Now I really want those shirts & sweatshirts!:smiley:

:thumbs_up_batman:

2 Likes

Well, if you enjoy that TDKC series 1 Batman, feast your eyes on this:

His Batman Returns re-release (and with a slightly different moniker):

I bought Iron Winch Batman when he came out in 1990, and 32 years later, still have him.

At the time of his release, I didn’t have a blue and gray Batman, but was very much in the mood for one, as I had seen the Super Powers Batman in the 1986 Sears Christmas Catalog and I loved Adam West’s B&G Bat-duds.

Upon seeing Iron Winch Batman in-store, I said to myself “Yes! A blue and gray Batman at last!” and I happily bought him. Well, I happily took him off the peg and then politely asked my parents if I could have him, to which they kindly agreed that I could. When you’re 7, “I bought this or that” equates to “I asked the 'rents for this or that”. :wink:

When I saw Sky Winch Batman in 1992 at Toys R Us, I looked him over and said, “He looks familiar. Now, where’s my Ice Princess figure, Kenner?”

Going back to Wall Scaler Batman, he’s one of two basic assortment The Dark Knight Collection Batmen (the other being Tec-Shield Batman) that wasn’t re-released in the Batman Returns line.

No idea why, but I guess Kenner thought kids didn’t want to have Batman scale walls in his pursuits of Catwoman? Maybe he didn’t sell well in one line, and thus, didn’t warrant a reissue in a subsequent line? :man_shrugging:t2:

plays a wee, teeny-tiny fiddle to memorialize the Wall Scaler and Tec-Shield Batmen’s one release

1 Like

Same. :thumbs_up_batman:

3 Likes

BatBlaster

1977-kenner-star-wars-stormtrooper_1_9be2648faa6bb0fbde684d9afa4a6a3f

:thinking:

4 Likes

:+1: :triumph: :smiley:

4 Likes

Beyond Star Wars, The Dark Knight Collection also features links to other Kenner lines that pre-dated it, such as Super Powers, Silverhawks, Police Academy and Robocop and the Ultra Police.

looks side to side inconspicuously, then slides over a piece of Kenner-branded stationary that reads “Its all connected.”

“Its true. All of it.”

tugs on his blue, Bespin-esque jacket, then keeps a low profile o’er in the Sears Cantina Adventure set

Works for Snaggletooth when he wears blue. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Got my logo tee :slight_smile:

3 Likes