ASK... THE QUESTION! Column Submission Thread

Introducing a new spin-off thread for one of the most common types of questions I receive here… “Have We Met?”

7 Likes

Just wanted to increase the praise count, that we your die-hard fans rightfully lavish upon you, good sir. When I asked about Golden Age Green Lantern/Batman team-ups awhile back, you turned me on to a couple of Ed Brubaker goodies, collected as Batman: The Man Who Laughs, from 2008. Well, I got a copy, and read it last night. And while I enjoyed the Joker story (and I’m no big fan of this overused, giggling ghoul), it was the reprinted “Made of Wood” from Detective Comics #784-86, that really knocked my socks off. It added immensely to the character and background of Alan Scott and his alter-ego, in ways his original stories (aimed at a far more juvenile audience) never did. Plus, it gave Batman another confidant (a JSA elder statesman and founding member, no less) to talk to. Conversations similar, yet very different from those he has with Superman, or Alfred. This story also makes excellent use of retired top cop (when did that happen, by the way?) Jim Gordon. And because it wasn’t a one-an-done story, the writer had time to explore all the things that make the characters different, and yet bind them together, as Gotham’s Guardians! I especially loved the last page. Kudos to Brubaker and his art team on this one.

So, once again, a tip of the hat to ya laddie! May DC continue to be blessed with your talents , as long as you choose to ply them!

Stay safe, be well.

4 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it, Wrightline! It’s absolutely the essential Alan Scott/Bruce Wayne team-up that was begging to be told.

5 Likes

I can’t remember if I’ve done it in the past, but it is now my mission to stump you.

3 Likes

I see you love fighting losing battles.

3 Likes

Good Luck, I’ve try and he beaten me so far. He’s really brilliant and know his DC History.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I mean, I can’t answer EVERYTHING, but I try my best.

5 Likes

How many times has Clark said a word with the letter “E” in it during the Post-Crisis timeline?

3 Likes

I’ll answer this question for you if you PayPal me ten thousand dollars.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Even if that was real money, it’s barely over 5,000.

3 Likes

:laughing:LOL!

1 Like

I voted for Ambush Bug in the Round Robin.

2 Likes

I voted for emptiness

2 Likes

A person of taste and culture, I salute you!

2 Likes

Some things just take too long to research, like how many times does Superman disable a camera in the fifteen years he was an anchorman for WGBS?

And did Will Reeve (son of Chris) wish he had heat vision to take out his camera on Good Morning America?

1 Like

And it’s not paypaled to you

2 Likes

PayPal is owned by Lexcorp.

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

I know that many comic companies have put out comics based on licensed property. Did DC ever release a published comic that was based off of a live-action sitcom?

EDIT: Like Marvel with Godzilla, even though that’s not a sitcom.

1 Like