As Long as We Get to Keep the Community

Most of what you said. I’m sure they’ll won’t add HBO Max stuff on here. I get the feeling they’ll move all the other animated movies, cartoons and everything else on to HBO Max too.

I paid for a year to get what was advertised. If I now have to pay for a subscription to another service to get what I already paid for then I may just wash my hands of all of it.

1 Like

Some of these shows, I only see them having a home at DC Universe. For example, is HBO Max going to carry the 90s Flash tv show that clearly hasn’t been remastered for HD yet? Or, is HBO Max going to carry the 70s Shazam! tv show which probably hasn’t aged that well? Probably not to both of those questions.

I always thought it was odd that DC Universe didn’t carry the 60s Batman tv show which is very beloved. But, perhaps it is worth more to them on other streaming networks.

They don’t own the 1960s Batman series. Disney does.

2 Likes

Since arriving only last month in this community, I have found it to be a safe haven and one wherein i can share my over four decades of DC knowledge.
Mainstream society has never valued knowing all of the Justice Society or Justice League’s secret identities nor do they know that the greatest series DC ever produced is All Star Squadron followed by Infinity Inc.
Thank you all for giving me a watchtower as that cave in the side of the mountain was getting crowded.

5 Likes

I guess that makes sense!

1 Like

I initially signed up for DC Universe for access to all the comics and that’s still my favorite part. I have enjoyed the mix of original shows and classics too. While this is my first post, I have found a lot of the posts on the community to be very informative and everyone seems friendly and helpful here. I hope to see it continue!

3 Likes

It’s all thanks to the Fox merger.

It’s like I said before: let’s cherish what we have, today and everyday.

4 Likes

I think community has a high chance of staying. Even non-DCU subscribers can sign up to the community. I think the challenge is on how to keep fans coming back to this community when HBO MAX is getting top priority on DC shows and movies.

2 Likes

Imo i think that DC universe is going to turn into a DC animated universe place if that makes sence. Seing how they added red son, im pretty sure they’re going to add apokolups war. And theyre adding former animated shows with the “a dc universe original” ex. batman bad blood. So if we get all the animated stuff and hbo max have live action, i think it would be a good balancing act

2 Likes

100 percent agree with you! @TheTerribleToyman I’ve been in other message boards but none this good.

2 Likes

I can watch stuff and then post asking reactions to what I just watched from peers, and get pretty good responses. Actually thought out and minimal to no fighting.

3 Likes

The DCAOM lineup is way better than the MCU in every way. The best Marvel movies are the Raimi Spider trilogy which is not as great as Burton’s Bat duology.

4 Likes

Are those “marvel” fans just MCU stans and worships any thing thats from the MCU?

2 Likes

it is, I remember i stated I couldn’t get into starman and everyone was respectful and said I shouldn’t continue if I didn’t find it interesting. Instead people recommended me other comics that I might interesting, thats how I found Planetary. Everyone that I’ve met here are always respectful to one another on which comics and superheros they like.

Back when i used G+ you got roasted if you liked Fairy Tail(I was one of the people that roasted others for liking it) God forbid if you say Fairy Tail is better than Berserk, Jojo, or vinland Saga. Then again, that was the manga community, not too sure how the comic community was since i was more into manga at that time.

Edit: I also remember this one woman said some comic shop owner was rude to her and everyone was super supportive and saying supporting the customer is more important than some guys shop.

2 Likes

honesty id take Batman vs Robin over endgame anyday.

3 Likes

Yes. I don’t have anything against marvel fans who are comic peeps. It’s the movie worshiper fans that can get a little pesky.

2 Likes

At this point I’m more in dcu for the comics, i think thats how it’ll be for future subscribers. Originally I wanted to watch all the cartoons but because of all the comics here I stuck around

2 Likes

For me it’s just adaptation fanatics, I remember one woman I talked to on G+ said “I rather wait for the movie than read the book” that quote really pissed me off. I know we all have our own preferences but i wish more people would looking into the source material or at least respect it.

2 Likes