As Long as We Get to Keep the Community

How did you join the art club cause that sounds fun and I wanna get into drawing but I suck so maybe I can ask someone for help.

2 Likes

I also hope we’ll still have the news section,

For that comment I will give you as many cookies as you want.
I love the news section and will do it for 6,000 years if immortality was a thing.

3 Likes

My gut feeling is that it doesn’t sound good for the future of DC Universe as we know it. They just got rid of DC Daily which is odd because it was a cheap show to make and it could actually produce new episodes remotely durning a pandemic. Stargirl isn’t coming back to DC Universe. Doom Patrol is on HBO Max too. That leaves us with Titans which most likely will jump ship to HBO Max too eventually.

I think DC Universe will have to change its supscription plan and be $6.00 a month for the awesome comics online, animated movies, retro tv shows, movies, and cartoons, but have no exclusive live action shows, but maybe gets them a week after they air on HBO Max.

If DC Universe is the same price as Britbox and Shudder (these services are a bit niche too), I think a lot of fans will still stay here! I agree that the community/forums should be kept.

4 Likes

That would be great. But I doubt that’ll happen

What speciafically do you doubt will happen?

@Alek.94975 I joined it by contacting @CynicalPink who runs it. It has been a lot of fun and don’t worry about art skills. They offer lots of support and I think there are even tutorials or links they can provide.
She is on medical leave right now but @BestBeastBoy and @MissInkBlot are running it in her absence and might be able to help.
Welcome!

2 Likes

Omg I agree so much my dad loves comics to but when he is at work I have no one
to talk with about comics so this really helps

3 Likes

Ohhhh okay, thank you. I understand. I’ve heard rumors too but with everything else going on in the world right now, I try to not add any more worry than there already is. I just thought maybe there was a statement from dc and I was scared cause I only joined a little over a month ago!

2 Likes

Dude I don’t think that is fair I’m a marvel fan and a DC fan so don’t think that you should judge all marvel readers. Plus marvel has better movies :triumph:

3 Likes

Can’t prove an opinion though. Saying that is like trying to convince someone whose favorite food is pizza why hamburgers are the best.

But I agree that there’s nothing wrong with enjoying Marvel as well. Sticking with the food analogy, Marvel is just a different flavor of the same meal we all enjoy.

6 Likes

An hoping that they keep dc universe going for the comics and the community.

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

That’s true

1 Like

I wasn’t judging the readers I was talking about the character and like how I like my comics and characters just me though … movies are good my first comic live action movie was Spider-Man with tobey maguire it was awesome :sunglasses:… They do have a we’ll build movie universe I doo like that …

3 Likes

So do I

1 Like

Honestly I just hope they keep the app as just comics with the community intact and move the shows too hbo. I’m cool with that just don’t take my precious . I been a fan of superheroes and all things :nerd_face: but never really had anyone to talk to about it so I couldn’t get cool different perspectives … then then app came out and I just got it for Titans cause I heard it was a good show then I saw the comics and I was like what is this :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: i always wanted to get into comics but i didn’t know how to start and I didn’t wanna go in the comic store cause I didn’t wanna get that noob feeling if you know what I mean so I put them off … The app help me get into something I really enjoy now the comics and community which was my first haha

4 Likes

I just started using the forum and I hope that it doesn’t go away. I used to be a lot more active in the days of Livejournal/Tumblr. Yes, I am that old. So far, I see a community that is supportive. I hope it doesn’t go away. Even if I am not well versed in a character, I won’t feel judged if I ask for some help.

7 Likes

Agreed!! The community on DC Universe is so much better. Like on Twitter, the fans are always fighting lol and my friends and family probably think I have an unhealthy obsession :sweat_smile: but here? We understand each other

8 Likes

I hope it continues as well. Maybe more fan driven content, fan films. And such could even be featured.

2 Likes

Same love both. Think the DCMU is getting better looking forward to the Rock as Black Adam​:heart_eyes:

1 Like