Are There Any LGBTQ+ Canon Characters You Like/Want To Talk About?

Please don’t respond if you have anything negative to say, I just want to talk about LGBTQ+ characters, thank you!

6 Likes

<3 this thread! There’s also some great discussion on this topic here:

5 Likes

@applejack thank you!! Really appreciate it!

1 Like

I adore Batwoman. I had never read any of her comics before I got this service, and even then I had no interest in her. The animated movie Bad Blood changed that. At the end of the movie I knew I needed more Kate Kane in my life, so I devoured the comics. Now she’s one of my favorite characters!!

5 Likes

A member of “Batman & The Outsiders” - was “Extrano”, who was a gay HIV positive man. Would be fascinating to see the character return after all these years!

3 Likes

Batwoman I really want to see more from her and, I don’t remember the name of the character but in the new 52 teen titans it was a character that was gay and I did feel for tje character.

3 Likes

I’ve always been a big fan of Renee Montoya, and would love to see her return to the spotlight.

5 Likes

@dckid13, Bunker (real name Miguel Barragan) is the character you’re thinking of.

4 Likes

I loved Maggie on Supergirl. I thought they lost one of their best characters when she was written out. She was badass and interesting and probably could have went on with her own storyline, even after her breakup with Danvers. Especially now that Batwoman is around…

3 Likes

I enjoyed the concept of Bunker, the only good thing about new 52 teen titans. Wish he would come back now

6 Likes

Batwoman!

4 Likes

I didn’t care for Maggie, she wasn’t right for Alex and I felt their relationship was going too fast and it was Alex’s first relationship with a woman but they were getti g marriesdafter dating for less than a year.

4 Likes

@Shadystar I agree with u about Maggie and Alex’s relationship. It moved way too fast and the whole marriage storyline seemed a bit rushed. I just wish they would’ve left her character on the show after they broke up and explored some potentially awesome side stories around her…

5 Likes

hey i’m new

3 Likes

Welcome @superdccoolkid

2 Likes

I love Bunker. To me a landmark moment was when an innocent bystander makes a homophobic remark along the lines of, of all the Superheroes in the world we had to be saved by that… & his next words are cut off, b/c Bunker slams him face first into a building pinning him there with his purple bricks. Bunker becomes an internet sensation due to the footage being filmed & uploaded by people nearby. He becomes a symbol for the LGBTQ community & forces the issue of homophobia into the mainstream. Deep stuff for a comic & props to DC for tacking that issue in a major titled comic. Teen Titans Vol 1: Blinded by the light is the issue available on app.

9 Likes

I recently watched Batman: Bad Blood and I really loved Batwoman. That is how a lesbian character should be written. Her sexuality wasn’t what defined her character. She always handled rude or sexist comments like an adult and I really admired her.

3 Likes

Funny you should say that you’d like Bunker to come back, because something happened this week that shows That’s likely to happen…

4 Likes

Jay-Kay nice. Thanks for giving me the news w/o spoiling. It’s a tricky game sometimes to do that. I’ll keep an eye out for it. Appreciate the heads up.

1 Like

Renee Montoya is a great character that has been thrown to the wayside since the new 52 launched. Which is sad since she was built up to such a solid place in the years pre-Flashpoint, having taken over as The Question. ‘Five Books of Blood’ and ‘Pipeline’ are both great Renee Montoya as the Question books. And she checks off several diversity boxes: woman, LGBTQ, latina. Great character with great potential. I wish they hadn’t demoted her to D-list of characters.

7 Likes