Applejack's Office Hours: The Final Edition

Greetings, Citizens of DC Universe,

Welcome to this, the final installment of Office Hours as hosted by Applejack, taking place 2021-07-13T23:30:00Z.

The reason this is the final installment is because this Friday, July 16th, marks the final day of my tenure with DC as the honored Sr. Community Manager. It is for all good things, and some exciting change and growth- however, saying goodbye to representing the best community in the world comes with a significant amount of bittersweet sadness.

With this sadness, however, comes an immense opportunity for a fresh-faced and bushy-tailed new CM to take the reigns and propel this community to the next level! I would love to hear what you would like to see out of the next generation of the DC Community, so please, share away in the comments below for some final discussion around the vision of the DC Community’s future :crystal_ball:

Moving forward, the illustrious @Alec.Holland will be taking on the Office Hours mantle. Stay tuned for details on scheduling from his next installment of the event!

==============================

WHAT IS OFFICE HOURS?

Office Hours is a weekly event where an official of the DC Community makes themselves available to answer your questions about our content, suggestions for improvement, and anything else you might want to know about DC, DC Universe Infinite, or perhaps the universe in general. All questions are answered live

WHAT ISN’T OFFICE HOURS?

This thread is NOT a replacement for our technical Help Center, which can be reached at yourdcu.com/submit . All technical and billing reports found in the comments below will be kindly redirected to this link.

==============================

Until We Meet Again,

@Applejack :black_heart:

47 Likes

Well, this makes me sad, though I am glad you are moving on to new opportunities. As to what I would like to see out of the next generation of the community, most have been said already, but the following would be my thoughts.

1. Continuing to employ great moderators, as you have in the past,I can’t say that I have agreed with all of DC’s decisions in over the last few years, but they have done an excellent job in hiring moderators.
  2. Perhaps, more tie ins to new releases somehow, through readalongs and maybe the ability to comment from a comic directly.
  3. A quicker turn around on updates and site improvements.
  4. More interaction with the DC talent, current or former.
  5. DC has been through a lot of changes recently, and perhaps more communication with the community on those, would be nice.
  6. As I understand the Web Page is now the primary interface with DC, perhaps more integration of the community on it, such as commenting directly from it, links to trending and new topics.
  7. Perhaps some sort of letter page for new and even old comics.
  8. Expansion to more formats.
    That’s all, thank you for being a wonderful host and making this site the community it has become. You will be missed, and not forgotten, hopefully we will still have you participating in some manner. Good Luck on your future endeavors.
23 Likes

Hello @Applejack,
It’ll be sad to see you go, Thankyou for everything. Here’s my last questions for you…

1. What was your favorite memory of DC Universe?
  2. What was your favorite watch along you did?
  3. Was The Riddler really Harleyspudding? :grin:

Thankyou again so much. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also I send you a private message as well.

24 Likes

Fare thee well, Applejack. What you helped foster here is the finest, most positive comics community I’ve ever had the pleasure to be party of or to. You’ve been making dreams come true for 3 years, and making us all feel heard. I will say, there there is a certain poetry to you leaving Swamp Thing in charge in your place. Some final questions, as we say goodbye:

1. As a DC citizen, might you stop on by for a watchalong or discussion as a fan, every now and again?
  2. Is there a future for the monthly book club?
  3. Have you and Alec.Holland been discussing future projects for the community as you take your leave? What do we have to look forward to in this dark hour?
  4. Be honest, you’ve got nothing to lose here: do our submissions for digitization requests actually do anything?
  5. When are we getting that PS4 app?
  6. Do you know how much we all appreciate the past 3 years you’ve spent with us, and how much we’ll miss you?
  7. How do I stop crying?

See you around, AJ.

32 Likes

Oh, it’s fine. It’s not as if I have abandonment issues or anything.

opens a long box to look at copies of Abandoment issues #1-99

I guess the most important question is this: “How long before we get to hear you come on and trash AT&T?” :stuck_out_tongue:

23 Likes

It’ll be sad to see you go, Applejack! You’ve been a staple here since the beginning. Hopefully you move on to bigger things but know your positivity will be missed.

Thank you for always being so cool and understanding. You have the patience of a saint!

21 Likes

Saying Goodbye

(Change channel)
show_mary_tyler_moore_show_finale_hug
Ted: Sorry to see you go Mary, we’ll miss you!
Murray: For Pete’s sake Ted just grab a kleenex!
(Change Channel)
1511445141-giphy
Data: I’m sorry Captain, you need to go, we’ve decided who will be the next Captain of Enterprise.
Picard: Oh Data, wish it wouldn’t come to this.
(Later)

Picard: As you can see Sisko, Starfleet think you’ll be a right man for the job.
Sisko: I will do the best to my ability sir.
(Change channel)

Older Janeway: You must get this crew home and I mean now!
Janeway: What do you think I’ve been doing for the last 7 years?!
(Change channel)

Michael: Guys, I’ll be leaving the Office, and I know it’ll be in good hands.

(Change channel to DC Universe streaming service)

(Picking Batman The Animated Series)
tumblr_lrt8w9j4Ii1qc021b
Bruce: Barbara Gordon is leaving for College today!

Batman: Hurry Robin, we don’t want to be late!
Robin: Wish she told us sooner!

Batman: Good, we made it, Miss Gordon, Robin and I wanted to wish you well.
Barbara: Thankyou guys.
(A few years later)

Ronald_Reagan_0001
Reaganfan78: Hmm, what should I read next…

Reaganfan78: This look interesting…

Before I read any further, Thankyou again for the last 2 1/2 years @Applejack. You’ve been a great friend and best of luck to you in your new career. :slightly_smiling_face:

The End…

27 Likes

You will be missed…I have greatly enjoyed your time here and I’m glad you were able to lead us all these year…I wish you the best of luck in all the great things your future holds…Thank you for all your hard work…You will always have a family here and you will never be forgotten

My final questions for you are
What do you think your greatest accomplishment has been with DCUI and what do you hope your legacy here in the community will be???

20 Likes

Aww! I’m so sorry you have to go. We’re really gonna miss you around here. You’ve done a world of good for the community, and I just hope you know that you’ve been our superhero going forward.

We’ll miss you tons. Thanks for everything you’ve done for us, and good luck with your future projects! :00_batgirl:

19 Likes

Until we hear
From you
Again
On the
Other Side

I am not crying
Well
Maybe a little

And Remember

Santa is more like Batman

20 Likes

Capitana! :hugs: You’ll not be surprised to know, I have a lot to say and a lot of Qs, lol but first allow me to christen your new voyage :pirate_flag: and this final Applejackland™️ ed. of OH w/ our DCU Cat Gawd. :purple_heart:

Maybe let’s start w/ these highly important FOOD Qs!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And! Poorly describe your last meal and I’ll try to guess what it is, one last time. We can’t end w/o a game or two, right? Right. I knew you’d agree. :sunglasses: I’ll be back.

22 Likes

Questions for your future:
What time do they sever dinner at the retirement condo you’re moving too?
Is tapioca considered a solid food there?
How many games of bingo can you really play before being driven mad?

All good things to you in the future!!!

22 Likes

And does this retirement community have bridge tournaments and accept pets? :smile_cat: meow.

Also, Applejack:

CONGRATULATIONS! :tada: :hugs: I know you’ll do great things no matter where you go- I believe in you! You’re the best. Thats just :face_with_monocle: A FACTUAL FACT. You’ll always be a happy memory, and I wish you ALL the good things. I’m sad too, tho. This will always be the land that you helped build, and we are all grateful. We all love you. Know that your kindness, generosity, wisdom and strength of leadership will be missed. :purple_heart:

Now. What are you most proud of from your time here? Like where would you like your statue to be placed? :wink:

Oh! And here’s a raccoon in a tutu (#neverforget!) and a song. :dancer:t2:

21 Likes

I’m picturing Kramer retiring to Florida now:

I’m just going to assume you’re right and this is totally what Applejack will be doing starting next week.

19 Likes

@Applejack

When you
Become famous

And we see
You on
TV
Making a speech
Or
Writing something
That brings
You great acclain

Is there
A secret phrase
You can use

So we can
Know it’s you?

19 Likes

That makes me really sad. :smiling_face_with_tear: But I’m really happy that you get to continue growing and expanding on your career! I’m really grateful for all of the awesome stuff you’ve done for us @Applejack! You are one of the best Batgirls I have ever had the pleasure of talking to!

Also, congrats to @Alec.Holland! You’re gonna do a good job!

19 Likes

1epg04

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors, AJ. It was great knowing you, if only “virtually” and for a little while. Thank you for everything.

Questions:

1. What was the most important thing that you learned in your time as DCUI’s Community Manager?
  2. (If you’re allowed to say) Is your new opportunity still with DC or no?
  3. Even though you won’t be Community Manager anymore, will you still be popping by the community from time to time as a regular member? Or is this goodbye goodbye?

And since I probably won’t be here live tomorrow night, I’ll post these now. A “playlist” of as many famous goodbye songs as I can think of:

(Always leave 'em laughing!)

20 Likes

I feel like I’m losing a fellow BG fan. :cry: I will miss you @Applejack. Your presence here in the DCUI bolstered my fandom and your ever consistent professionalism and your always affable manner have always been one of the highlights of my experience here in this space. I wish you only the best in your future pursuits and I hope you will come and check in on us from time to time.
:purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: #GirlBatsGottaStickTogether.

22 Likes

crosses arms and pouts

But…we don’t want a new CM! We like the one we have just fine! :slight_smile:

uncrosses his arms, but only to go over to the Twix machine and shake one loose, much to the consternation of George Costanza, who happens to be standing nearby

That guy…

So, I won’t be in attendance for the final OH (me and Tuesday nights, you know…).

That said, I wish you the absolute best @Applejack. To paraphrase Mae West, “Why don’t you come on by and see us sometime?”.

:slight_smile:

17 Likes

Love the Naked Gun clip.

One of my favorite scenes with Frank and Ed:

Frank: “What could the killer have wanted?”

Ed: “Sex, Frank?”

Frank: “Uh, no Ed. Not right now.”

14 Likes