Any DCU Runners Out There?

Hi all! You may have noticed that this thread just got adopted by The Speed Force Club. This grew out of a conversation I’ve been having with the mods in regards to getting an external group started. If you’re interested, please go ahead and join up, and hit the Directory thread to introduce yourself and/or the Whatcha Want? thread to let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

The first monthly event will be a virtual 5k, but I’m thinking maybe more short runs like this on a weekly basis and ramp up the monthly events to longer distances?

Essentially, we can still do an external group if there’s interest, but it would need to be informal. The conversation involved trying to keep things primarily within the Community. So the focus is on sharing progress and doing virtual events, but I’m also going to create a general tracking thread shortly, probably as a wiki, that we can share.

(Strava has an API, and my future goal is to allow us to integrate with it to pull tracking data in to DCUI, but the task was beyond the programming bandwidth for a club project, so that has to be on hold for now.)

Do we want to register as a team for this? We only need five people, but fifteen makes the visor free. I think those who have already registered can join, but any promo codes aren’t retroactive.

(FYI, Venture also has a Space Jam Virtual Run in parallel with the Justice League three. (Technically the cutoff to complete the run is a month earlier.) Swag is a t-shirt instead of zip up. And they’ve got a Scooby Doo Pet Walk/Run that started in April, so the cutoff is mid-September.)

8 Likes