Any DCU Runners Out There?

In addition to being a big comics fan, I’m also an avid runner (Spartan and Marathon). And while there had been a plethora of events for based on Unlicensed Generic heroes and licensed Marvel and Star Wars thanks to RunDisney and the SuperRun, DC finally got into the game with the officially licensed DC Wonder Woman Run series held in limited cities in 2019 followed by an official licensed Batman Run in Los Angeles later that year. Today, it’s been announced that the 2020 Wonder Woman race has gone virtual due to Covid 19.

For anyone looking for a fun virtual race! It’s the 2020 DC Wonder Woman race 10k/5K! It’s in partnership with the hot chocolate run, swag is a nice zip up! (Least year was a shirt)

Edited to add link: 2020 DC Wonder Woman™ Virtual Run

I signed up for the 10k.

So that only leaves one question. Why the heck isn’t there a Flash vs Superman race?

Ok two questions. :slight_smile: So is anyone else interested?

17 Likes

@joesergi funny you should post this. I was just looking at some of the virtual races sent to my inbox. I’ve run the Rugged Maniac a few times and an event called the Bubble Run and I had a few messages from them. And my wife told me the WW run would be virtual this year. Almost immediately I searched for the Batman run. Hopefully that one will be next.

I haven’t signed up but I think I will. I am not that avid a runner, so I think I’ll opt for the 5k.

Are you doing any other virtual races?

4 Likes

This quarantine, I’ve done the very overpriced (but with equally cool medals) DisneyRun Virtual Kessel Run, Park Attraction runs and signed up for the Spartan virtual trifecta. (As well as the real Trifecta in 2021, what was i thinking?) as well as the SuperRun and the Royal Run.

I haven’t completed any yet, though. I got knocked on my buttocks and into a hospital bed with non-Covid Pneumonia a couple of weeks back, so I’m slowly trying to get back to my normal routine and working up to my 5, 10, 15k mileage. On the bright side, it gave me a lot of time to catch up on all my comics and movies and to post on this forum. :slight_smile:

I hope they do the Batman one virtual as well. (It wasn’t as popular judging by the one I did (I happened to be in LA for work, saw it, bought running gear and did a walk up entry). I’d love to see a Superman themed run, but the only one I’ve ever heard of is in the Metropolis Illinois Superman festival and I think that’s just a kids/fun run.

6 Likes

Ah, I can’t participate, but that’s awesome! Hope the word spreads fast thanks to your post!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

@joesergi Just registered for Wonder Woman and Rugged Maniac Virtual Races.

Good luck with all of yours! :v:t6: :1st_place_medal:

4 Likes

Just got my Wonder Woman Virtual Race pack in the mail. Once my wife receives hers we’re going to run and log our results

4 Likes

My husband and I are doing it. Just waiting on our packets! Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Got mine for the 10K but my daughter hasn’t gotten hers yet for 5k hope they haven’t messed it up.

4 Likes

Hey Just got word of upcoming DC Run events

Our 2020 Virtual Run Lineup

We certainly hope your future running plans include two super heroes and a bunch of meddling kids with a Great Dane, and that’s just the beginning!

Our run lineup covers it all:

• Family-friendly
  • Swag in both adult and youth sizes
  • Finisher medal for every participant
  • Choose your course—treadmill, city streets, strollers and pets welcome—you name it!
  • All goodie bags shipped right to you

Let’s lace up and move forward together.

Register Now

DC Wonder WomanTM Virtual Run Series

DC Wonder WomanTM Virtual Run

Get your cape on and join your fellow Super Heroes when you run or walk the DC Wonder WomanTM Virtual 5k or 10k! Registration includes a women or men’s quarter zip, a finisher medal, wrist cuffs and a commemorative tote bag.

Register Now

Scooby-Doo Family and Pet Virtual Run/Walk

Scooby-Doo Family and Pet Virtual Run/Walk

Launches July 13, 2020

Scooby and the gang are back! Instead of solving mysteries they are working on their fitness. Join them for a family-friendly virtual run/walk. Pets welcome!

Notify Me

America Runs 5k

America Runs Virtual 5k

Launches July 27, 2020

Join us for an inaguaral event supporting local COVID-19 relief. America Runs. Even at a Distance.

Notify Me Batman Run

Batman Run Virtual 10k/5k

Coming September 2020
Gotham’s favorite super hero always has time for a run. Just ask Albert!

Notify Me

Not sure who Albert is? :thinking: :rofl:

4 Likes

@msgtv For the WW run, did anyone get notification that their packets had been sent or did gear just show up one day?

2 Likes

Looking forward to the Batman run. Still would love to see a Flash vs. Superman themed race. (Like disney Rival Run where you pick your side and get a corresponding bib). They could do:

Superboy vs. Impulse/kid flash 5k
Supergirl vs. Jesse Quick or Avery Ho 10k
Superman vs Flash half marathon

Zod vs Reverse Flash
Or
Classic Superman Vs. Jay Garrick as a challenge medal.

3 Likes

I got notification same day (I think) and it was the week of June 22. My daughter hasn’t gotten hers yet. Looked at the original confirmation today, it says packet to be mailed “the week of June 22nd” and it could take a week or to, so figured I’d email next week. I guessing you haven’t got yours yet?
Also, Batman run in September

3 Likes

I don’t remember getting a notification but I wasn’t looking for one. I was just waiting for the items to come in the mail.

2 Likes

I’m a runner and this stuff looks pretty cool

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Nope, haven’t gotten anything. Neither did the others I signed up with. I also figured I’d give it this week and then contact them.

I’m looking forward to doing some of the other runs, but I want my gear! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just got this today

I’ll be signing up very soon.

3 Likes

Awesome. I need to get back into running its been a few months nothing like a little bat swag to get ya motivated. :batman_hv_6:

Thanks @pmoslice and @joesergi for posting this!

2 Likes

@stefanie.m your a runner too? Awesome! The swag helps, but it’s such a great feeling after finishing a nice run. Any plans for any virtual races?

3 Likes

@joesergi how have you been? Completed a bunch of virtual races or just logging miles? Can’t wait to get back to actually participating with people.

3 Likes