The Speed Force: Whatcha Want?

The Speed Force is a new club (assuming I remember to edit this topic after we’ve been around the block a few ), so I’m looking to shape it based on what people want … Consider this the feedback and request thread! (Looking to say hello and introduce yourself, maybe ask a question? Head on over to The Speed Force Club Directory thread.)

This is more about planning for the future. What do you want to see more of? Less of? Got a brilliant idea for an event? Share it here.

• “Major” monthly events: what distance(s) do you prefer? Shorter 5k or 10k events, longer half or full marathons, or events tied to frequency or consistency?
  • Would you be interested in shorter challenges within the month? Like a weekly series of shorter runs to keep you going, overlapping a longer or more difficult monthly challenge?
  • Any sprinters? With the 2020 Olympics Games of the XXXII Olympiad coming up, maybe logging some time at the track might be fun?
  • What other sports are represented?
  • What about real world events? Most of the running world is still virtual this year, so we have some time to plan, but with the registration for Venture Endurance’s Justice League Run Series opening recently, the chance to do virtual teams is in front of us. These events cost money (but have real world swag), but if there’s enough interest, we could join our Wonder Twin powers on.
  • What do you want out of a comic book themed running club? Aside from superpowers, obvs.
7 Likes

So I just came up with something I would like: the ability to put the club name as flair or title on our profile.

3 Likes

Flair you should be able to do now. I’ll ask about Title.

3 Likes

And so it is done.

2 Likes

Hmmm. I don’t seem to have the option. When I go to the “Join” link I assume I am a member since it has the “Leave” button as the only option.

1 Like

I don’t have them either. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

@Row.Harper @SteveTrevor2.0

I can see the Title available in your preferences. Do you want me to change your title for you?

I’m not sure why it’s not showing up for you :frowning:

3 Likes

Personally, I just wanted the Flair. :laughing: But thank you!

It really isn’t that big of a deal. I’m not sure why it doesn’t show up as an option for me. I know I joined the club. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Consider yourself flaired!

3 Likes

Yes, @Row.Harper and @SteveTrevor2.0 are definitely shown as members (first two to join) on the group admin side. (Incidentally, Harper and Steve is a team up book I would love to read!)

4 Likes

Thank you! You rock!

3 Likes

Yes, please. I’ll take one of each.

3 Likes

Updated!

2 Likes

Thanks! Man, that looks classy.

It’s weird that it doesn’t show up in my options still, but if that’s the biggest trouble I face today it’s been a really, really good day.

3 Likes

Had another idea: create a new post of DC Running Images. I wasn’t sure how to create a thread for the club but I have a couple of running pics from comics and thought it might be fun.

1 Like

Great idea! I’ve added the thread (see below), so let 'em rip! For future reference, adding a thread “for the club” just means using the tag the-speed-force-club when you create it (I think you can even edit it afterwards if you forget). Ideally, create any such threads under Clubs & Events :arrow_right: Club Rooms, unless you think it would make more sense in a different category, but want to cross-tag it for the Club.

3 Likes

@keath I was thinking that for 2022 you could just start up a year-long running log and instead of adding to it like a wiki we could all just write whatever we feel like at the time. I don’t always want to log my runs but I definitely want to post things now and again.

I’ve already run 107 miles this year and gosh darn it I need some place to brag about it! :grin:

1 Like

Oh, that’s a great idea! I started a daily yoga challenge on New Years’ and let that take my attention away from running. (But, wow, I’m more flexible now than I ever was when I ran 40 miles/week!) I’ve been trying to figure out how to resurrect this group after such neglect, and I think you’ve found the perfect starting point. I’ll get that posted tomorrow to kick off the Big Pink Month so you can get your braggadocio on!

Congrats on starting strong with a 100+ mile month!!

1 Like

It is done. Bring in those miles! :batparrot: :running_man: :running_woman:

2 Likes