Announcing DC Universe All-Star Games!

I watched it and liked the show but wondering what it has to do with DC characters?

Once you get going with an RPG, it can be quite compulsive. And I am all for the approach stated at the start of this premiere episode: Don’t let the lack of knowledge of the rules prevent you from jumping in and embarking on an adventure.

2 Likes

I’m betting the secrets they’re hiding equate to DC characters.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the case. Question is - which ones?

1 Like

Anyone else regret watching this?
I would love to know how many subscribers DC Universe loses because of this show.
The concept for this show would do better as a podcast.

if i didn’t like it i’d have just…stopped watching it

but i didn’t, and i look forward to seeing it grow!

10 Likes

Number of subscribers lost estimate 0
I had no particular reason to look forward to this show, but turned it on when I was doing something else, and found myself enjoying it. Like a lot of shows, this was a setup episode, but I was actually surprised to find myself wondering what the twist was going to be.

5 Likes

Who would actually quit a service with thousands of comics and hundreds of show episodes because they didn’t like one of the shows?

7 Likes

I’m was a little skeptical at first. I liked it though.

2 Likes

People who don’t understand what this service actually is.

2 Likes

I didnt think I was gonna like it. I was actually kinda mad about it cause I wanted doom patrol s2 or titans s3. But after watching it I enjoyed it. My only complaint is i wish this mini series came out all at once.

What does everyone else think about the new show?

5 Likes

I felt the same way. I didn’t think I was going to like it, but I was into the first episode, but half hour chunks doesn’t feel like enough content.

4 Likes

I had seen some RPG shows before on Twitch and YouTube, and am a big fan of Freddie Prinze Jr. so I went in a lot more optimistic then it seems some did. But I really enjoyed it also.

I thought the cast did good, clearly was familiar with RPG’s and was having a good time and it showed. (at least once they got all the exposition setup out of the way which I get needed to be done for the audience not familiar with this type of show or with RPG’s and the DC Heroes RPG. But man it did not come off natural at all).

The characters were all interesting and I enjoyed the story. And as a lover of the 80’s and DC Comics of the era as well I liked the setting. Looking forward to see how it ties into the DC universe, beyond being set in a suburb of Gotham in later episodes.

I also liked them adding the video clips, stats and other elements to help keep the flow going and make it feel a bit less like it was just people sitting at a table talking. Sure that was welcome especially to people less familiar with RPG’s who might need some help visualizing everything. Also was a nice touch the clips all were from or looked like they could be from the 80’s.

I do think it’s biggest problem was the time. RPG sessions usually take at least 3 hours and often more like 4 or 5. They clearly shot a session and edited it into 5 22 minute episodes. But as a result in the first episode not much truly happened. Especially given that with the beginning exposition stuff and the credits we really saw more like 15 minutes of actual gameplay. Think this show would have been better served with the episodes being an hour long, or at least a full 30 minutes and not 22 minutes. (the fact it was exactly 22 was interesting, that almost makes it seem like they wanted it to be something they could sell to networks. I know that the DCU business model has heavily relied on international airing rights, but not sure how much this show would work outside of streaming services. And this was filmed in the DC Universe studios clearly so not like it was originally intended for CW or something. So weird the time seemed so taylor made for a TV run time.

But for it’s flaws it was still a fun show and that 22 minutes just flew by. It ended and I was like “it has been 22 minutes already” which is a sign you are having a good time.

Looking forward to the rest of the series, and if this episode is any indication hope they can get more seasons of this, given the quick turnaround it undoubtedly has this would seem like something they could easily do more of and stream during time between shows or even concurrently with their other shows.

5 Likes

How long is each episode?

@nightwing615 around 22 minutes.

4 Likes

I’ve never really been a fan of RPGs, but I figured I’d give it a shot.
I don’t know if it’s a good show, to me, it’s a strange show but strange in a good way. I’m looking forward to the next episode.

I understand why it’s 22 minutes. Might as well make it so it’s easily consumable and fits a normal broadcast time slot. I also realize it’s kinda a “filler” show between the second half of HQ Animated. I think once it’s done, a “binge watch edition” would be great for this show.

6 Likes

I liked it, I still have a copy of this version on my shelf as well as, I believe a previous version in and mostly black box. I think I still have some of the sourcebooks too. It was fun.

1 Like

This is very fun, I didn’t think I’d like it but seeing Sam Witwer, Freddie Prinze Jr. and Vanessa Marshall together on my screen again is a treat! The ending kind of got me excited for the next one, I wonder who Clare’s character actually is! Ha!

1 Like

Didn’t know agent liberty was into board games

1 Like

DC all star games is the type of show I didn’t know I needed in my life until now!!! lol
I really hope that it gets a season 2 !!!:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes