Announcing DC Universe All-Star Games!

So glad I saw this comment! Would have missed that there was a video otherwise. OMG this looks so good to me. A bunch of loveable dorks geeking out playing a game, I am totally there for it. Can’t wait to see all the buffoonery that happens in this game. Is it the 28th yet?

4 Likes

I don’t want to wish it is the 28th too soon, because that would mean Harley Quinn was over.

Although I mourn the end of every season on this show so far. I know it sounds like blind fanboying, but they have so far consistently delivered great shows that by the end I dread seeing go away.

I don’t expect to love this one as much as their scripted shows, although it does look good, but I have gone in with relatively neutral expectations before and ended up loving the show. So they might surprise me yet again.

1 Like

Can honestly say I’ve never watched an RPG gaming session in progress that I wasn’t playing. Will tune and see how the first episode or two goes. Echoing the sentiments of others and hoping the game gets a re-release in the store.

1 Like

Darth Maul and DC sounds good to me.

1 Like

This announcement came out of nowhere and is a pleasant surprise. I used to own a copy of the game as a kid, but never played because I didn’t have friends back then that were into RPGs. I did however read over all the books and the player cards, and sucked up as much as I could about the DC universe.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. The cast of this one should make it enjoyable.

1 Like

Most definitely watching… up up down down!!

2 Likes

I sure hope they re-issue the DC Heroes RPG. Even if it were only a high-quality PDF. All the players in my game group would buy such products in a heartbeat.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I agree. It sounds like a lot of fun and I never had the chance to get into it.

2 Likes

Boy, I hope they do a reprint. I would totally buy it.

2 Likes

@stanshinn welcome to the community.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @stanshinn! I hope they do some type of reprint as well. Even though I am not a gamer that way, I would totally buy it.

1 Like

@stanshinn welcome to the DCU Community! Enjoy your stay!

2 Likes

Does anyone know which version they are playing. “Classic '80s” and “Post Crisis” sounds like version 1, but possibly v2. There were some bugs in v1, but it still was a very fun game. It also modeled being a Super-hero than the TSR game for that other comics publisher. Maybe they will pull in the Advantages & Drawbacks from v2.

Also, here’s hoping they do republish the game. Best part other than playing was reading the stats on all the heroes.

2 Likes

It would also be fun to see the stats and breakdown for the characters made since the game came out.

1 Like

Welcome back, my lord Trigon.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it “reality tv.” That term has negative connotatio ns that really don’t apply to a show about people playing d&d

1 Like

The first episode was pretty neat. Can wait to follow as the story gets bigger and better. I also love the 80’s vibe it has going. As a Star Wars fan too, I love that Witwer, FPJ, and Vanessa Marshall are all in this show.

2 Likes

Just finished watching the first episode and it was great! Did not know of this game before as I’ve also only played a similar game like this once upon a time. Each character they play is funny with their skills and really interesting story they are building with the situations they get themselves into. Definitely will look forward to the next episode and how it all plays out! :star_struck: :joy:

1 Like

It looks like a fun game. Hopefully they re-release this RPG because I would like to play it.

Was nice seeing Freddy Prinze Jr. enthusiasm. This reminded me a bit of people at a comic book shop sitting around a table playing some type of game.

1 Like

Yeah, Freddy and Sam looked like they were really happy to be there. It was fun to watch.
I think this really solidified my need to see Sam play young Batman. Seriously, he looks like a young Bruce Wayne.
Clare really didn’t seem very interested. She had some genuine shock moments. But she did seem very disinterested.