ANNOUNCEMENT: DC FanDome is BACK! October 16th, 2021

Welcome @SinestrosMight

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @SinestrosMight! I’m certainly excited to see what trailers will come out of DC Fandome this year as well.

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

5 Likes

Yay!

5 Likes

YESSSSS!
I was hoping it’d happen again! Had a great time last year!!

4 Likes

Hey @mercurie80 and @yuvi99835.55308! Glad to hear you’re both looking forward to the 2021 FanDome, I hope you both have an excellent time. What are you most excited to see?

RectangularBountifulBlowfish-max-1mb

4 Likes

Well, I do hope they have more Doom Patrol. Really enjoyed that at last year’s FanDome!

6 Likes

It’s funny how things change in life. I lived so many years thinking comics were for geeks and kids and denying myself the pleasure of reading them and living in this world. In late 2016 I decided I needed to take a break from the news and the world outside my home and focus on my mental health and things that make me happy. I have a friend who runs a comic book shop and I went to him and told him “I like Hawkman, I like Green Lantern, I like the Marvel movies and I grew up on the Superfriends. Where do I start?” He hooked me up and got my pull list started.

The first things I read were Geoff John’s Hawkman Omnibus, the Silver Age Green Lantern Omnibus and the Alias omnibus. I loved them all but the Hawkman and Alias really lit me up so I told him I wanted stuff that was gritty, for adults and told a story. I also made the decision, on my own, to go with DC comics and not Marvel. I would still watch all the Marvel movies and TV shows but I’d buy and read DC because those were the characters I loved as a kid and this was all about rediscovering the kid in me.

A couple of years later DC Universe launched and I was in. I loved the original programming, DC Daily and the crew and feeling like I was part of a (somewhat) exclusive club of DC insiders. Getting access to such a HUGE library of back issues was overwhelming - I didn’t know where to start - but I loved being able to pick a character and read them from different eras. I decided to try and read the entire New 52 event - a quest that continues to this day - and I’ve really enjoyed that as a way to get into all the corners of the DC Universe and know more about characters and stories.

Last year, about four years after I started this, and having watched literally every movie that has been made about a DC book (including the original ‘Spirit’ movie - thank you, DC Universe for having that on there!) I started watching the Arrowverse from the beginning - a quest that continues to this day. That has been a blast and knowing some of the characters when they show up but before they get explained to the audience has been so rewarding.

I’ve read DC comics, I’ve watched DC shows, I’ve seen all the DC movies but the one thing I had never done is attended a Comic-con. I was so excited when FanDome was announced and was actually disappointed when it was split up into two day event as I had planned my schedule for a 24 hour DC marathon and had the :coffee: ready to go. Still - I enjoyed the hell out of it and ended up buying shirts and gear to commemorate it. The panels, the inside access, the sneak peaks, the teasers and the reveals were so fun and knowing the DC world as well as I do (not nearly as much as some of y’all but still, better than I did in the past) made it all the better.

To hear this is coming back is so awesome. I hope this becomes an annual event for those of us that either live too far away from a comic-con, are not well enough to attend one or don’t have the finances to attend one. I’m still trying to think of what I want to see/hear in FanDome 2.0 but whatever they put on my screen I’m going to drink it in like Malcolm in A Clockwork Orange and I can’t wait for it to begin.

This place has become such a happy place for me and I thank the mods that run it and all y’all for making it drama-free, supportive, loving, inclusive and inviting. May all of your favorite characters get a great comic book, TV show or movie soon.

12 Likes

I nominate @FelixLeiter for DCUI awesome person of the week. Your beautifully written post just sums up so perfectly how amaze the DCUI experience is. YOU ROCK Sir! :smiley: :+1: :00_dc_2016:

7 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart: :00_teen_titans:

5 Likes

Welcome @SinestrosMight to the community. Hope you enjoy your time here.

4 Likes

I think my favorites last time were the sneak peeks to shows & movies in progress, and the little talks to people working in in the industry, so hopefully it’ll be in this year too!

4 Likes

Ah, that is good to know, @Reforged , thank you.

4 Likes

I’m honestly really happy they made it both ways, because while I love co op, sometimes I just want to do single-player things.

Anything else you all are looking for? Remember DC FanDome is in October, meaning the higher ups will most definitely be looking out for what our fans want to see!

Could you be the reason why something cool was added in?

Be sure to let us know!

4 Likes

has there been any update about the fandome?

2 Likes

Let me guess, you hope they announce Collapser: The Animated Series.

4 Likes

hitman is my favorite. I haven’t said much about collapser in a while lol.

his comics do have some of the best art imo though.

and to answer your question, yes, yes I do!

4 Likes

this is what I want to see^

4 Likes

Johns is working on it is a great sign. Maybe a Stargirl crossover? :stargirl:

4 Likes

Idc who directs it, I just need it in my life lol

3 Likes

you know what I meant

2 Likes