Amber Heard As Mera– Should WB Keep Her or Recast Mera or Cut the Character Altogether in Aquaman 2?

Hey everyone! Gentle reminder to everyone involved on this thread to stay on topic; once the conversation starts turning away from the main conversation towards each other, the moderation team will start tracking this topics more closely and possibly close it if we find this common ground isn’t being upheld. P&TY :pray:

2 Likes

I know this is random, but is that special white-on-black text only available to the mods?

Yup :slight_smile: It’s call “staff color”, helps certain responses to stand out. We use it a lot when confirming we’ve received feedback in Suggestion Box.

3 Likes

Maybe she knew he was building up a case on her and thought it would work better to get hers in the public eye first?

That’s the point, what case? His suit is for defamation because of her announcement. She says nothing and we don’t have this conversation. It’s why I don’t get it.

On the topic, maybe Megan Fox. She’s similar looking to Heard, also gorgeous and has an action movie background theta would be useful as a superhero.

Also, here’s a list someone made of possible choices, pretty much all redheads which I don’t think is necessary link

Didn’t she retire from acting?

No, she’s still working, but it sounds like she had a bad working relationship with Michael Bay (who was apparently a grade A creep on her, having her audition for the Transformers movie him filming her in a bikini washing his car) and a bit of a falling out with impacted her career. Her last movie that came out was a South Korean war film called “The Battle of Jangsari” in 2018 and she’s currently starring in an American movie in production called “Big Gold Brick.”

1 Like

It’s always been silly to me that people get mad at a casting decision because they don’t have the same hair color.

1. As if that’s the most important thing about an actor, who needs stuff like acting ability, right?

2. Hair dye is a thing that exists in this world.

Even funnier when you consider that not even Amber Heard is a natural redhead.

4 Likes

Exactly! Be creative! As someone who’s dyed her hair in a dorm bathroom, if I can do it, a professional movie can.

Megan Fox isn’t a redhead and I thought she could do well in the part. Here’s everyone’s chance to find some non-redhead options. Base your suggestion on the complete actress. I assume hair color is the least they worry about when casting.

1 Like

Yeah, I never thought of her, but if they do decide to recast, Fox could do a good job.

1 Like

I think they’d need someone with an action background, and probably the fan base that would help them support the change. I’m sure there are other actresses that would be good, I know she’s in all the lists of casting like she should be Poison Ivy and Catwoman and so on. People still like her, want to see her on screen and want to support her.

The real solution is a wig. The issues with red are the same issue with pink, blue, yellow, green, magenta & purple. (I speak as someone who has died my hair all but 2 of those colors at various points) It’s keeping it consistent in its color tone and the issue of root contrast.

That said, in Aquaman in particular, it doesn’t matter much for the in-water scenes, because to get the movement, the hair is a digital effect.

2 Likes

Just like with Jeremy Renner- it’s no one’s business except their immediate families and people immediately involved. We all have issues and our issues need to be handled but everyone doesn’t need to lose their career, jobs, income, to lose everything over personal drama. As long as you haven’t sincerely killed someone or done something undeniably against social society as a whole…you should be able to continue to function. I’d be against hindering her or jeremy renner in their roles. Personal drama shouldn’t end people’s careers and lives

1 Like

Don’t the just die her hair anyway. It was a completely different color in Aquaman than it was in Justice League.

1 Like

While in principle I don’t disagree. Holding the view of that a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Does a corporation have the right to disassociate someone from their brand?
Jobs are not guaranteed nor a fundamental right. Hence the behavior and bringing the company into disrepute clauses in contracts.

Lets pretend that WB goes ahead and films Heard as Mera. Heard is found guilty of felony assault the week before Aquaman opens. Does WB want a convicted felon as a m as in character in their film. Do they take the risk of that possible eventuality or avoid it all together by replacing Heard?

These are issues and laws on the books, allowing for the corporation the right to termination and replacement if the actor (or any employee).

2 Likes

Yeah it’s hard to be employed as a felon. Felons need work lol. But seriously if she isn’t convicted while filming it shouldn’t be an issue and if she gets convicted before the movie comes out oh well, they’ve filmed it. In ten years nobody will remember the specific time frame and they will have already had a felon in their first film in retrospect. Besides - i know this is sexist- she’s a female, she won’t get convicted, females are always innocent, remember?

1 Like

But does WB have the right to cut ties with her simply because they don’t want her associated with their brand? (Convicted or not) Is that reasonable? Should that be legal?

If she is not proven guilty and charge on this, WB will probably let this topic die out of it own, we are almost 3 years away from the release, people will most likely forgot about it by then.

1 Like

I mean it should be legal to be able to fire someone you’ve hired to do a job that in your eyes has failed to do it or sullied it. Doesn’t mean they should do it. Like waffle house says they don’t want to hire anyone with any criminal convictions (trying to improve their “image”) I was a manager at a waffle house - refusing to hire anyone with even a misdemeanor over time may help their employee image somewhat but it also hinders so many potential employees some good some bad but nonetheless employees either way and when you need em you need em. It’s foolhardy to fire left and right and whenever you fire someone you’re putting that person out and making yourself look bad in my opinion…while in her case it may look bad either way…in 20 years people watching the movie probably won’t know or care at all

1 Like