Amber Heard As Mera– Should WB Keep Her or Recast Mera or Cut the Character Altogether in Aquaman 2?

True, but 20 years from now it will not be generating the majority of its revenue.

Also, if you have 15 applicants all as equally qualified does nixing the one with the record really matter.

Hollywood often casts on “the look” as the final yardstick. Someone can be a better actor, if even just by a bit, but somebody else is cast because they are an inch taller, their nose is a “prettier shape”, the have better facial symmetry, or (in the casting director’s eyes at least) they look better together with the lead they will be playing off of.

Often the actual better actor may not get the part because somebody else has more of “the look” they want. (And “the look” is highly subjective.)

1 Like

Yup just toss out Amber Heard and get Emila Clark AS NEW MERA,

EMILA CLARK AND JASON MOMMA already got that chemistry from game of thrones

1 Like

I’d rather they keep as many actors as possible. We’re already looking at batfleck and jarod Leto gone and recast

2 Likes

Everyone thinks the big draw for women to Aquaman was Jason Mamoa’s physique. That was secondary. The real draw was how he treated Mera and how his father treats the mother; with true admiration, partnership, and love. Now, to fire one of the few action heroines as backlash because of abuse from her off screen relationships shows true misogyny, and I don’t throw that word around, but this case surely represents: partner abuses her, so she gets fired. Completely asinine.

1 Like

Don’t bet on it.

2 Likes

Yup, just look at the hashtag #HappyBirthdayAmberHeard
Recently trended and not in the positive way for her :grimacing:

1 Like

No opinion on casting, but I just know I wouldn’t want Mera to be cut. She’s literally the best character in the Aquaman mythology. It’s not worth doing without her.

5 Likes

Well barring a last-minute change from WB, which seems really unlikely at this point, it looks like Heard’s definitely gonna be back as Mera. Considering Aquaman 2 is supposed to start filming this summer, I have to think that the role would’ve been recast by now if WB was gonna go in that direction. Regardless of your feelings on this, I think most of us can at least agree that keeping Mera around is still the right move. I’m not really sure which side of the recasting debate I fall on, but I can certainly take solace in that much

1 Like

I fully agree with this. Aquaman 2 shouldn’t lose Mera as a character.

What about Tusky?

1 Like

:+1:

Absolutely – I think I’ve seen rumors that the role of Mera might be reduced in the sequel because of the controversy surrounding Heard, and between the two options, I would MUCH rather them recast the role than see who’s possibly the best Aquaman supporting cast be diminished.

1 Like

Straight up!?
I want Tusky in it!

1 Like

Idk, I’m kinda skeptical about this report. While I am seeing a few other sites report on this, that’s about it as it’s far from being a widespread story, and 1 of the only other sites covering the story is We Got This Covered, which is never a good sign. The LAPD also apparently hasn’t confirmed the initial report, and I have to wonder why a German site was the one to break a story about an American police department investigating an American actor. I’ll certainly keep this in mind as filming for Aquaman 2 approaches, but there just seems to be a bit too much that doesn’t quite add up w/ this

1 Like

Keep here if she wants to keep playing mera, if she does not cameo appearance dies giving birth to her daughter.