Amazon Headquarters

Where are these from? :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

The just released one shot “How to Lose a Guy Gardner in 10 Days”

8 Likes

Who are some of your favorite WW villains?

-Ares is always a great opponent and sometimes kind of ally yo Diana. One of the most iconic moments in WW comics is in George Perez’s run when Diana uses the lasso to make Ares realize his mistake in pursuing nuclear destruction

-Cheetah is a complex character that is an enjoyable baddie. But part of me wishes for her to go through a redemption arc and be at least on better terms with Diana.

-Doctor Psycho can be fun. But I have yet to see a comic version that tops his portrayel from the HQ show

-Silver Swan I think is underrated. Regardless of who specifically holds the mantle, she works best as someone who was damaged by Diana indirectly and seeks revenge

8 Likes

Oh, and Circe!

8 Likes

I’m more than happy to see my Plant-lady and my Amazon in something together again. :rose::green_heart: :smile:

Here’s this too, if anyone checked it out:

14 Likes

:point_up_2: That one. :crescent_moon: :black_heart: Easy.

And I think :thinking: I’d go w/ some other OG’s like Duke of Deception, Count of Conquest and Earl of Greed.

11 Likes

What about Medusa? You’ve mentioned her, but given her background she has a lot of potential. I’d say Veronica Cale and all the Cheetahs too. :wonderwoman:

8 Likes

OH MY GODS I just realized something!

How come we never had a WW/Ivy story that like…has Ivy becoming a representative of Gaea or the spirit of Gaea posesses her? And then Diana is involved in the story somehow? That would be awesome!

7 Likes

Excellent choices! :face_with_monocle: :purple_heart: Medusa is one of my fave mythological characters, so I wouldn’t say no to seeing more of her. (I have a statue of her next to Diana right now, as a matter of fact :laughing: brb….)

Greek and Roman mythology is a lot of why I like Circe and Ares as villains for WW too. :wondersquadron1:

10 Likes

I’ve actually written about this quite a few times in general, but more recently in the :point_right: Poison Ivy book discussion thread. :open_book: :rose: Specifically, Mother Gaia’s principle and Aphrodite’s Law—how they are similar, and how they’re different, and why (IMO), Diana and Ivy aren’t all that different and could make for really interesting teammates in a story. :balance_scale: :green_heart: A link like that is a logical storytelling tool w/ them—agree, @EDT!

10 Likes

Are you able to clarify where in the thread I can find it? Towards the bottom?

5 Likes

Hello again @EDT! :wave: I’m technically indisposed from 5a-5p all week, so I’ll have to come back when I’m home again, since it’s kinda scattered across the boards over quite a few years :nerd_face::sweat_smile: (it also has a lot to do w/ why I think Ivy and Swampy could make a good team, same as Diana and Swampy). I did compile quite a bit into an essay so I could elaborate, but here are some references for now.:green_heart:

:full_moon_with_face: And this…

13 Likes

Lets start a petition to bring back that era of JLD

11 Likes

(Also, I forgot this earlier :wondersquadron1: :purple_heart: :drum:)

drums-harley-quinn

10 Likes

Ares, Circe, Silver Swan and I always enjoyed Blue Snowman. Not sure if Max Lord counts as only a Wonder Woman villain, but he is another.

I decided to toss this in while I get caught up to Birds of Prey. The first issue was very good.

10 Likes

Great statues! This grants Uma Thurman double fire-points for playing Medusa as well as Ivy, right? :smile:

I vaguely remember something about this coming up. I can see it. In terms of beliefs (and being Alpha), they aren’t drastically different. Would take more of that Justice League Dark team too, ps! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Detective Chimp is always welcome at my table.

9 Likes

Just dropping a couple things off: Articles :coffee: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

And this :star_struck:

:laughing: Double-Fire Points: :fire: :purple_heart: Affirmative.

11 Likes

This is a fun video from Casually Comics talking about some of Wonder Woman’s more infamous periods with the “Impossible Stories” era featuring her teaming up with her teenaged and baby self.

9 Likes

I was like “How did I miss this one?” until I saw it was just released.

Glad to see the crazy Kanigher Silver Age getting mentioned.

5 Likes

The answer your looking for Diana is “yes”

11 Likes