Let’s Talk About How To Lose A Guy Gardner In 10 Days

EIGHT ROM-COM-INSPIRED NEW STORIES ABOUT LOVE—AND TRYING TO FIND IT—IN THE DC UNIVERSE! Romance is rarely a simple affair—love is almost always followed by some sort of conflict. Whether you’re Plastic Man twisting yourself into knots trying to please someone, or the Flash traveling back in time to make a catastrophic 50 first dates perfect, or even a lonely robot who just can’t seem to find love unless it’s mail from a computer screen, like Red Tornado, love actually is…a pain in the 27 dresses. So in the grand tradition of these dating conundrums a la rom-coms of the '90s and '00s, we are proud to present eight new stories about love and trying to find it in this zany world.

10 Likes

Highlight of the issue for me was the young John Constantine story. Special shoutout to the scene where he subtly adjusts his power fantasy when he realizes that he might be all right with kissing boys.

10 Likes

Barry repeatedly going back in time to fix his own mistakes.

He never learns. :laughing:

b2922039f6c40f82668bfaa73d9ba3ba

8 Likes

Really enjoyed all the stories but probably enjoyed the Red Tornado story the most. I hope we see something more come of it from Aaron Waltke.

6 Likes

i am the opposite of you
i hate the red tornado story and we’ll likely never see his supporting cast again if this is canon

4 Likes

Can’t say I have a favorite story. I enjoyed them all in one way or another. :balance_scale: :purple_heart:

Here’s this variant too, btw. :grin: :peach:

9 Likes

nope.

4 Likes

I though it was a fun comic overall. I enjoy these kind of short collections. I am not up on the overall history of most of the characters, but I can appreciate these kind of brief moments that don’t require a knowledge of 80 years of comic book history.

I saw there was some online hype about Poison Ivy cheating on Harley with Wonder Woman, but I didn’t want to spoil anything so I ignored it. I read the comic and realized I missed out on clickbait and nothing more. I haven’t read enough Poison Ivy to know if this was out of character for her or not.

5 Likes

im just assuming not every story is canon (im coping hard about the red tornado one)

3 Likes

I need to get my hands on this immediately. I did not know about this until now :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I wasn’t crazy about the red tornado story as well. I didn’t like the movie Her either. This story made me think of that movie.

3 Likes

hopefully dc says its non canon or just ignores it

2 Likes