Amazon Headquarters

Oh my goodness…preach! :raised_hands:

No pressure at all, but I’d love to check it out whenever you do find it! I always enjoy getting new recs. :blush:

7 Likes

Heads up, @WonderSquadron! Our first club reading of 2023 is incoming! :tada: Please join us! :wondersquadron2:

10 Likes

I capture random screenshots and this one struck me where Lois Lane was talking to Diana about that:

Yikes! Awkward conversion ensues.

As for keeping track of continuity, I refer to this panel that explains it all:

It’s funny- I saw the original WW movie and then I started reading WW comics from All-Star Comics #8 to the present and I soon came to the conclusion that there is only continuity within each author’s individual work. It bothered me trying to piece it all together, but now I just go with the flow and enjoy each story/writer/arc as it comes.

It’s like reading Greek myths from different sources. Homer says one thing, Sophocles says another, Aristophanes is out in left field, but we all know who the gods and heroes are, even if the stories don’t line up correctly. That’s my take, at any rate.

As far as Diana and Steve go, they were married in the Silver Age and no one can ever take that away. :grin:

7 Likes

Yeah…this sounds about right. It does bother me sometimes, but for the most part I try to just enjoy each work individually for what it is.

That’s right! Sometimes DC does allow a happy ending. :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

The late George Perez looks back at his time on Diana’s book during the 80s here:

7 Likes

Yes!!! This is in exact reference to the Superman story!!!

7 Likes

Action Comics 761

This is the comic I was talking about!

7 Likes

Added to my reading list. Thanks, @D4RK5TARZ!

Also, thanks for sharing that video, @DC89! :blush:

7 Likes

:+1:

5 Likes

Just read the graphic novel Wonder Woman: Warbringer. Really enjoyed it. Has anyone else read it?

I like how a lot of the alternate history/Elsewords kinds of stories like this one show how growing up in Themyscira was not as “Paradise Island” for Diana as normal continuity and how she reacts to it. I also really like the tie-in with the Iliad and how the story as written in our world didn’t tell the entire truth about Helen. I love myths so I think this is why Diana really clicked with me. She is a modern embodiment of world mythology.

9 Likes

I’ve read it! I thought it was very good also. I believe there is also a novel version of this story, which I haven’t read.

6 Likes

I haven’t read it, yet. But it does sound interesting. I am going to move it up TBR pile.

7 Likes

If you have the Ultra tier of DCUI, the comic adaptation is available there:

8 Likes

I loved it!!! I got it at library a while back. When I was getting novels nonstop lol. Still haven’t read it digitally, but, it’s awesome imho….

7 Likes

It’s really good!!!

7 Likes

So I am reading The Argonautica by Apollonius of Rhodes. It was written around 300 bce, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were mentions in it familiar to us all:

I was not expecting to run into this. I find it very interesting that there were three tribes of Amazons.

Themyscira is apparently a place in Turkey. I honestly thought the name was made up by Perez. Themiscyra (Pontus) - Wikipedia

Referencing the Wikipedia article, I have read Herodotus and Aeschylus, but I wasn’t familiar with Wonder Woman then so the name Themyscira meant nothing to me.

I will be reading Pausanias sometime this year and will upload any interesting Amazon lore from him.

I love mythology and I think that is why Wonder Woman clicked so hard for me. She is the modern embodiment of stories I have loved since I was a kid.

10 Likes

I e read those as well, but many moons ago and did not catch the references either, quite fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Training Day, with Diana:

:eyes: :smile: :00_batgirl1: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_supergirl:

8 Likes

Poor Batgirl, hope she survive!:laughing:

@SteveTrevor2.0 that was really interesting, I didn’t even know about that. Wonder if the guy who created Wonder Woman based the idea on the book and there you have it, Wonder Woman is born. :grinning:

5 Likes

When Kara saves her and brings her back she’s like “Again again again gain again!”

:laughing: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

6 Likes