Amazon Headquarters

Name: Doctor Cyber (Cylvia Cyber)
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #180 (1968)
Creators: Dennis O’Neil and Mike Sekowsky
Abilities: Genius inventor. Leader of a global criminal empire. Seemingly endless amount of wealth, resources, henchmen, weapons, robots vehicles, and secret bases. Unwavering loyalty in her minions. The powers of sorcery. The psychic ability to control machinery with her mind. Can change her appearance at will. Power suit capable of rivaling Wonder Woman in power with numerous features included.

Backstory: Doctor Cylvia Cyber was one of the most brilliant minds in the world. A genius in a plethora of fields who looked on at the world and thought she could make it a much better place…By placing it under her rule!

Using her intellect, Doctor Cyber would amass power and construct a global criminal organization. Arming them with advanced technology of her own creation which outpaced anything the unknowing governments would be capable of developing in centuries time. From armored hovercraft to killer toy armies to earthquake machines to underwater bases.

With Doctor Cybers genius leading things, her people quickly entrenched themselves in all of the major nations and quickly began consolidating more wealth and power. Working to turn politicians to Doctor Cybers influence. Bending the world to her will!

However a disastrous encounter with Wonder Woman would lead to Doctor Cylvia Cyber becoming painfully scarred, leading to her turning her undivided attention towards world domination to taking up a side hobby in her free time of trying to get her revenge on Wonder Woman.

Wanting Diana for her body.

Doctor Cyber wished to perform a full body transplant, having her revenge while also obtaining an invulnerable new form which would never suffer injuries again.

Eventually Doctor Cyber would begin making improvements upon her own form with cybernetics and a technologically advanced power suit of her own design in order to better defend herself should her efforts to operate in secrecy from the shadows while the help does all the work come to naught.

Talented in technology. Lauded for her leadership. Skilled in sorcery. Sly in her physics. Any who crossed Doctor Cylvia Cyber would know their DOOM!

Additional Images

doctor cyber 6

9 Likes

Name: Athleta
First Appearance: Sensation Comics #58 (1946)
Creators: William Marston and H.G Peter
Abilities: Amazonian strength and physical ability. Talented fitness coach.

Backstory: Amazon of Paradise Island, Athleta was the Amazonian fitness trainer. A coach for the young Amazonettes who were still coming into their incredible strength and learning their true potential.

Athleta would mentor them by gamifying the physical fitness and training they would need to become exemplary Amazons. Be it by making games out of weight training or turning bullets and bracelets into a group event, Athleta encouraged the youths to become their best selves.

Of course, Amazonian super strength without the ethics and self control to guide it becomes a dangerous weapon to oneself and others. Thus Athleta would also take it upon herself to teach her students how to control themselves. For only through self control and mastery of the self can an Amazon truly be strong.

additional images

8 Likes

Read the latest issue of Wonder Woman (787) and wow~!

More or less what I expected with Altuums origin, though Trial of the Amazons had confused me about it. A shame it ended the way it did. Though the teaser of who he was talking to at the start has me curious.

Are…Steve and Siggy an item now? Is this this a thing? :open_mouth: Wow, I thought it was a possibility but wow.
Still not sure who Steves girlfriend is going to turn out to be. Im putting my money on either a villainess lookalike like Queen Mikra, or Diana Prince.

And WOW! Now THATS a curve ball for the roster of Villainy Inc! I guess Professor Calculus and his probability engine would make a better villain in such a situation. Im loving these deep cuts that their doing!

No clue who the twin shadows in the mirror are that also work for management…

Overall I really enjoyed this issue and im looking forward to more ^.^

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Since Diana has returned to her regularly scheduled Amazon-ing this month (i.e. Trial of the Amazons is over), we can discuss her current run over here:

You’ll find me there continuing my campaign for a Diana/Steve reunion. Please stop toying with me, DC.

7 Likes

Oh right~ I forgot we had that thread. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

No worries! Been awhile since we used it. It’ll be a nice change to have someone besides myself posting there. :rofl:

7 Likes

Name: King Rigor
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #13 (1945)
Creators: Joye Hummel and H.G Peter
Abilities: Ruler of the subartic seamen. Leader of the cult of the electric fire walrus. Capable of living in subzero temperatures. Can swim in artic waters.

Backstory: Deep under the ice of Antartica there was a mysterious land which mankind has been seeking out for millennia. The fabled Garden of Eden. In this divine land despite being buried under miles of ice, it was ever warm, sunny, and the rich garden thrived with tropical fruits all year round.

Surrounding the Garden of Eden was a moat of black ice water and an intricate natural cavern system in the ice where dwelled ‘the seal men’ a race of blue skinned humanoids who evolved from seals. Having evolved in the darkened caverns and waters beneath the ice, they could not stand the light of the garden of Eden least they go blind. But whenever the fruits from that garden fell into the waters surrounding it, the Seal men would feast.

In the present day the Seal men had formed a modern monarchy and named their domain ‘Bitterland’ Ruled by King Rigor, these Seal men sought any possible means of getting their hands on the fruit of the Gardens of Eden. Even making an effort to grow and harvest it themselves, though the light necessary to maintain the plants would render them blind.

However in the time between the Seal men coming into existence and the present day, the Garden of Eden had been found by the goddess Aphrodite who using that ancient of laws ‘Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers’ claimed it for herself. Thus traveling to the planet Venus where she was worshipped by the immortal fairies who ruled that world, she appeared before their ruler Queen Desira and declared her wish to grant a new land to her daughter.

Thus Princess Eve of the fairy folk of Venus would be brought to the Garden of Eden as its queen, renaming it Eveland which would eventually come to be inhabited by her children and her childrens children as fairies are born from the dreams and desires to have offspring.

King Rigor and seeing them as a potential slave labor, would have his men and his son use nets and hooks to try and pull the Evegirls out of Eveland and into Bitterland, forcing them to work the fields the Seal men had created. All the while also trying to appease their deity, the electric fire walrus who would consume the Seal men if not appeased.

additional images

8 Likes

Name:Kara
First Appearance: Wonder Woman newspaper strip (1945)
Abilities: Amazonian super strength and ability

Backstory: On the wonderful utopia of Paradise Island the Amazons who lived there had everything they could ever need including the freedom of choosing to have a child whenever they so desired by molding one from clay and praying to the goddess Aphrodite.

Kara born from clay and given love by her mother the Amazon Alta was no exception to this. Learning the ways of the Amazons. Treasuring her mother dearly, Kara would do her uptmost to make her proud.

Thus when Alta went missing, having gone swimming in the ocean and clonked her head into an ocean liner and developed amnesia, Kara swore to find her mother and bring her home!

Journeying to the outside world, she would hunt for her missing mother in the concrete jungles of New York City. Ready to rescue her, for Karas love for her mother could not be held back.

Additional Images

9 Likes

Name: Amoeba-man
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #125 (1961)
Creators: Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru
Abilities: Shapeshifting, skilled fighter, leader of an alien invasion fleet, native to a world with a chloroform atmosphere

Backstory: Fleet commander of an alien invasion force bent on conquering the Earth, Amoeba-man knew that the only thing standing in the way of his efforts for world domination was Wonder Woman.

Thus taking advantage of Wonder Woman in the silver age having a terribly messed up love life, Amoeba-man would shapeshift into a human knight on a winged horse which Wonder Woman would immediately recognize as the knight Galahad.

Defeating both Steve Trevor and Mer-man who were engaged in one of their regular duels to the death as they fought over Wonder Woman like a pair of feral dogs over a chunk of beef, Amoeba-man in his guise as a knight would romance and woo Diana, attempting to get her when her guard was down so that his invasion force which encircled the planet could begin their invasion once she did.

Additional Images

9 Likes

Name: Jumpa
First Appearance: Sensation Comics #6 (1942)
Abilities: Faster than any horse. Capable of great leaps, allowing it to breach the atmosphere. Space travel

Backstory: Ages past, the planet of Nebulosa exploded and a race of aliens who called themselves the Sky Riders fled their home planet on the backs of the native beasts known as Sky Kanga. Creatures born with a natural ability to leap into space and travel between worlds.

The Sky Riders would discover the Earth and touching down on Paradise Island, they would find a new home. With them sharing their noble steeds the Sky Kangas with the Amazons.

The Sky Kanga would flourish on the island and Diana would bond with one of the newborns. Naming it Jumpa, Diana and her noble steed would become steadfast friends.

Additional Images

jumpa 2
jumpa 3
jumpa 4

8 Likes

Jumpa!!! I love Jumpa!

8 Likes

Indeed~ Jumpa is quite awesome. ^.^

8 Likes

:eyes: I’m way late to the party, but same! Ferdinand is awesome. (Jumpa too @Jurisdiction! :raised_hands:)

That’s also Stjepan Sejic. :star_struck: Please come back to DC, btw, Mr. Sejic! Donna Troy and Poison Ivy need you! :purple_heart:

Anyway, here’s this:

Ps. Anybody gonna check this out, btw? :t_rex: I’ll admit, I’m intrigued. I mean…who doesn’t like dinosaurs??

Pps. Not to bum everyone out, but I’m sure you all saw the news on the legend George Perez.. :pleading_face: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :black_heart:

11 Likes

One of my favorite little scenes in TOTA:

Everyone needs a friend like Jumpa to talk to, even an Amazon princess warrior superhero. :heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

:broken_heart:

6 Likes

Sejic is indeed a treasure. It was a delight having a Wonder Woman story illustrated by him.

I plan to hold off until that one lands on the DCUI, as I don’t really have the budget for more than a few titles. From what ive seen though it has a neat take on Wonder Woman though!

9 Likes

Name: Elektro
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #48 (1951)
Creators: Robert Kanigher and H.G Peter
Abilities: Genius inventor, can create and pilot a robotic duplicate of Wonder Woman which can rival her in strength and speed. Gun haver. Leads a criminal gang of criminals.

Backstory: Leader and scientific genius of an ill defined criminal gang based out of an underground bunker laboratory, Elektro turned his criminal mind towards the villainous efforts of creating a rival for Wonder Woman herself!

Elektro would succeed in the form of ‘Robot Woman’ a remote controlled robotic duplicate that looked like Wonder Woman and could replicate her physical feats.

Using Robot Woman, Elektro intended to commit crimes such as bank robberies and heists from the comfort of his hideout. Gloating over how any crimes commited by the robot duplicate would instead be blamed on the Amazon Princess. Thus not only would it allow Elektros crimes to go unnoticed, but it would do great harm to Dianas own reputation.

In terms of just physical ability, the robotic Wonder Woman was quite capable. Able to deflect bullets with bracelets, outrun conventional vehicles with ease, and smash through buildings without effort.

With Elektro operating the robot from a computer which somehow projects Robot Womans actions from a third person perspective, he was seemingly safe from the results of his own wrongdoing.

Summary

8 Likes

Name: Queen Desira
First Appearance: All Star Comics #13 (1942)
Creators: H.G Peter and Gardner Fox
Abilities: Flight, Astral Projection, Ability to pull others in and out of the astral plane, commands the fairies of Venus

Backstory: Ruler of the planet Venus which was a tropical paradise maintained by the fairy folk who called it home. Queen Desira was a pacifist who valued peace and the well being of others above all else.

An immortal being like all of her fairy people, Queen Desira ruled the planet of Venus which through tireless effort had eradicated concepts such as war and violent tendency. Embracing peace and love as absolutes.

Queen Desira would meet Wonder Woman and taking the Amazon princess under wing, would aid her in her efforts to break peace to all. Gifting her with a pair of earrings which allowed one to percieve the Astral Plane and travel to and from that realm which was the stuff of imagination, dreams, the afterlife, and the divine.

Queen Desira would leave her home planet of Venus by traveling along the astral pathways where distance is not measured, sharing messages of great import and aiding her from the surrealist realm of thought.

Additional Images

9 Likes

“Oh, I like her. I like her.”

Loved film side Etta’s response to Diana’s line. :smile: :+1: :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Jumpa. :purple_heart: :kangaroo:

6 Likes