George Perez Has Passed Away

A while ago, it was announced that George Perez was battling cancer. Today, it was announced that George Perez has passed away. Rest in Peace.

29 Likes

Absolute definition of a legend. His work will be celebrated and shared for as long as humanity is around to do so. There will be imitators (rightfully so) but there will never be another like him.

R.I.P

16 Likes

Relatively short but very productive life.

9 Likes

So tragic and sad!

11 Likes

Marvel was leaving DC in the dust on comes sales in the early 80’s until George and Marv Wolfman came along with Teen Titans. And the art was what made it a hit. Hard to overstate George’s importance in the success of DC comics.

13 Likes

A true giant of this incredible medium. George Perez was a magnificent creative force that thrilled, entertained–and–demanded our attention. His work and contributions will continue and thrive as long as there is graphic storytelling.
We love you, George. Rest in peace. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends.

14 Likes

I have shed many tears today. I’ve followed his struggle with cancer and am absolutely heartbroken

14 Likes

R.I.P. George Perez. Your talent was amazing and you will be missed.

14 Likes

What he said :point_up:t2:, as its exactly what I would say.

11 Likes

The only ones above Wolfman & Pe’rez for me is Kirby.

10 Likes

RIP. :cry:

11 Likes

One of the true great. Let’s not forget he also helped create, with Marv Wolfman, nearly half the major characters in the modern renditions of Teen Titans.

13 Likes

Look 3 posts up :point_up:lol… I completely agree with u!!!

7 Likes

R.I.P. George Perez. My heart goes out to you and your family. A huge loss to the comics medium you will be missed. Thank you for all the joy your art provided me.

16 Likes

My pick for best comic book artist of all time

16 Likes

Sad to hear, dude was a Great artist.

13 Likes

A true comic legend…

Perez’s Wonder Woman was one of my favorite things. His WW spoke to me like Adams’ Batman and Ditko’s Spider-Man.

16 Likes

Please forgive me if this sounds dumb, but does anyone know what he thought of the various media portrayals of the characters he helped create (i.e. in Titans, Doom Patrol, etc.)?

11 Likes

One of the greatest of them all. I am genuinely saddened by the news.

10 Likes

Want to split a dozen at Mikita’s as we reminisce about Perez’s best?

My treat…

7 Likes