All Things Flash!

So I was behind and I just caught up. Dang. They crammed a lot into a few issues.

I’m happy we got to deal with Sanctuary. I’m glad DC knew that they had to do that… Now it is all Savitar’s fault. I can live with that.

Poor Ollie though. And Roy. Ouch. I might have teared up.

5 Likes

I am a few issues behind and just got the annual today! So I will have to do some catch up reading this weekend :00_flash:

2 Likes

I kind of wish they went all the way and saved all of the characters.

3 Likes

Me too. Maybe that will happen some other time?

3 Likes

The most recent issue has me wondering about the status of Wally’ dual identity.
Back in Wally’s run Wally’s identity as the Flash was publicly known. Then Blitz happened and afterwards Hal Jordan as the Spectre made everyone forget the identities of Wally and Barry Allen.
Then the Ew52 happened and everyone forgot Wally existed at all!
When DC Rebirth happened Wally came back and everyone got sloppy about calling him Wally instead of Flash
Even Nightwing who lived and died by the sanctity of the secret identity code!
After Heroes in Crisis, Wally ends up arrested and in Black Gate Iron awaiting his trial. (Iron Heights was destroyed in recent Flash issues at the time) While there, Girder and Tar Pit attack him clearly calling him West and acknowledging him as the Flash! (Specifically, the Flash that was responsible for them being in Prison in the first place)
All this led me to believe that Wally’s Identity was now as publicly known as it had been in his own run…
Yet in the current issue, Wally seems to be going out of his way to maintain the secrecy behind it.
What do you think?

3 Likes

I loved this comic. It was so cool seeing the TV suit in comic form.

2 Likes

Yeah, I did a JLU take on 90s TV Barry…

I think it came out pretty good I always. wanted a multiverse episode where Wally meets this Barry and they develop that kind of mentor/student relationship. (which we eventually got in alternate form with Grant Gustin and JWS on the live action series)

6 Likes

Love this!!!

3 Likes

So, in re-reading flash 768-771 (plus Annual 1), I was struck by something. Wally finds himself stuck in the Jurassic Era. He doesn’t realize it at first, but his Consciousness has been transferred into a Super_Speed caveman. Shortly thereafter, Wally finds himself running from various dinosaurs of the Jurassic Era.
One slight Problem. Humans didn’t really exist as we know them until between One and a Half to Two Million Years ago! The Jurassic Era was about Sixty-Three Million Years before that!
So How did a Caveman end up in an era so far prior to his own?
Well, before you say…“Hey! It’s Comics!” or “Well, It worked for the Flintstones!” Let’s look at it with a slightly more critical eye.
However the Speedster Caveman got his powers will remain a mystery for the time being. (We’ll assume he got hit by Lightning near a pool of primordial forensic chemicals!) Regardless, He gained Super Speed but had very little understanding of what it meant or how to use the powers he had! (He might not have even been aware of them at first!. In any Event, Something happened that made him run fast! And Not just fast as a human but at the super-Speed velocities only a Speedster can reach. As a Result, Speed Caveman traversed the time barrier, Speed Caveman then is suddenly sixty three years before his own existence and has no idea how to get home. (Until Wally shows up and takes the driver’s seat.
Of course then Wally and the Speedster Velociraptor have their chase and the raptor explodes causing the end of the dinosaurs. (theoretically) And as Wally goes careening into Bart’s life we’re left to wonder
“what happened with speedster Caveman?!?”

4 Likes

I love this new Flash book! It’s the best thing DC has produced since they ditched all the cool Rebirth books for the Dark Nights: Metal/Death Metal stuff that no one asked for.
As for the (out of his epoch) “speedster caveman”, my guess he’s an amnesiac Rip Hunter who forgot where he parked the time sphere.

3 Likes

I finally got a 107 with a cover on it Flash Fans! The 3rd issue of Flash in the Silver Age run! 2nd appearance of Grodd!

4 Likes

Rad!

1 Like

Just came across this interview with Jeremy Adams and I thought I’d pass it along to you guys :00_flash:

2 Likes

This is super late, but I just read the annual and loved it! I’m so happy Wally isn’t responsible for the deaths at Sanctuary. I liked seeing him and Roy team up, and Roy bursting the bubble himself was a great moment for him - although, how did this Roy remember Lian? The closure with Ollie was nice too (for both Roy and Wally), although I really just want Roy back at this point (in a non-secret, hopefully not evil manner).

Now what I’d like to see is a reconnection with friends, specifically Dick. Those two had a rough couple of years, sheesh!

6 Likes

Glad you finally read the annual! I really liked it too! I must admit I am about 3 months behind reading Flash…(for shame!) I will see if I can get caught up this weekend.

5 Likes

I am all caught up on Flash and I am enjoying it. I really like having Wally be Flash right now. I have nothing against Barry, I just like Wally more.

This current storyline is fun and you can tell that the writer knows what they’re doing. I can’t wait to see what’s coming.

5 Likes

Happy New Year Flash Fans!!!

6 Likes

I’m enjoying reading it in the [New to DCUI Club].

4 Likes

Last year, I made myself Murmur, Magenta, and Gorilla Grodd.

Before I’m done, I want em all…

5 Likes

Still the best mainstream comic being published currently!

3 Likes