All Things Flash!

I have not seen an exclusive Flash only topic yet and I thought it was about time to start one! So hey, all you Flash Fans out there, lets talk about all things Flash! To start things off how are you liking the current story line?

12 Likes

My friend is an avid Flash reader and I have been told many times to read Flash and different starting points from the 80s to now. I am a huge fan of Flash: The Fastest Man Alive. I have also read one of the $0.99 digital firsts of the new Flash: The Fastest Man Alive comic and really enjoyed it. My problem is that I have so many books on my read list and I have been putting a huge focus on the ones I have bought.

6 Likes

I havenā€™t followed it monthly since Rebirth ended. Wally West was my Flash, so the last few years have been rough.

13 Likes

Lets try starting the discussion with issue 750. Things are getting really good. Lets take a day or 2 and if you have a chance to read it get it and read it and we can go from there. Flash is on 756 right now and even iā€™m a little behind so thisā€™ll give us all a chance to catch up! I loved all the covers to 750! I got one of eachā€¦of courseā€¦I had to right? lol! If you know any Flash fans in the community let them know and weā€™ll meet up in a couple of days!

In the meantime hereā€™s another one of those awesome covers!

5 Likes

Hereā€™s a shot of all the covers for issue 750! 1 for every decade! Inside this 80 page giant issue there was a short story paying homage to each era. It must have been so much fun for the creators to work on this project! The end result was this amazing product, tailor made for Flash fans like me. So lets dive in to the contemporary story here. In the beginning of the book Godspeed crashes in on Iris and Barry having a conversation. Is he friend or foe this time? He is warning Barry of a new threat Paradox! Setting up nicely the coming conflict and of course we donā€™t know if Barry can really trust Godspeed, so some good suspense there. At the end of the book for you Wally West fans out there we get a nice introduction to his new story line as well. I believe his new title is called Flash Forward? (help me out here Wally West fans) And wow what a set up for that series! Wally has obtained god like powers as he sits on the Morbius chair. He sees all and realizes what once held the multiverse and their separate realities together is beginning to come apart!

7 Likes

I started reading the current run at #69, the issue before the year one storyline. Iā€™m a few issues behind at the moment, but Iā€™ve been liking it!

3 Likes

My favorite issues are the ones written by Mark Waid. I remember his Armageddon 2001 annual being one of my favorite Flash stories. I really got into his run towards the end with the Dark Flash saga. I remember the hype around who he really was. For a while they really wanted us to think it was Barry. The explanation we got was just as good with a satisfying albeit tragic finale.

6 Likes

Iā€™m a big Waid fan too of course! I just reread his first Flash issues here this week! 75-79 I think? Great stuff! One my nerdiest Flash moments was when I got to meet him at WonderCon 2000. He was so nice! There were only a handful of us there attending his panel and I was one of the few who stayed behind to chat with him. He autographed this ashcan of ā€˜Silver Ageā€™ for me. They were giving out this photo copied pre-release to attendees for free at the DC booth that year. It was kinda funny, I asked him to draw the lightening bolt there and he graciously obliged. Great guy and a huge part of the Flash history!

7 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing! I got to meet him at a convention, as well. I have a custom binding that has from when Wally and Linda get married to the aftermath of the Dark Flash saga. He also drew a lightning bolt. Iā€™ll go look for it and take a picture.

He really is a joy to talk to.

5 Likes

Only way to redeem Wally in my eyes is if this version is still out there-

-and everything from Rebirth on has just been some imposter with Wallyā€™s memories. Like Thawne impersonating Barry Allen well enough to trick Wally back during Waidā€™s run.

4 Likes

Did you also dislike the portrayal of Wally West in The Flash Forward miniseries?

I stopped reading The Flash regularly around the new 52 era but I started catching up on all the issues I missed because of this app.

I have heard that Joshua Williamson run is good but after reading the first couple of books I have found the stories to be middling at best. For those of you that have kept up when do you think it starts to hit a stride? (See what I did there.)

6 Likes

I agree, how could Wally mistake Eobard for Barry?! But it was a good storyā€¦you just had to take a leap of faith with the writer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! I think heā€™s hitting stride now. This story with Godspeed is just getting going and iā€™m on 752. My friend told me to hang on tight as its about to get really good! This weekend I plan to be caught up so iā€™ll let you know. How about anyone else? How do you think Joshua is doing?

3 Likes

Iā€™m up to date on the current run of Flash and Iā€™m loving it. I think Joshua is doing a fantastic job on it. I think he includes enough members of the Flash family to keep the variety there, but he also has some amazing stories with just Barry. This latest story line has been great and I know it is building to Joshuaā€™s final issue and it feels like it. You can tell that he loves these characters and wants to write good stories for them.

3 Likes

Please do share a photo! He was really reluctant to draw the bolt back in 2000, saying ā€œYou know Iā€™m not the artist, right?ā€ but I kinda insisted saying something like ā€œYou write the Flash man! You gotta put the lightening bolt!ā€ And he did! I wonder if thatā€™s just part of his signature now? :grinning:

2 Likes

The spine

The inside

And the signature complete with lightning bolt

11 Likes

Very nice!!! Man! That bound volume is just awesome!!! When did he sign that for you?

4 Likes

New York Comic Con in 2010.

4 Likes

Wow! Super cool!!!

4 Likes

I love that you got a signed ashcan. Seriously, how cool is that!

4 Likes