A Milestone 30th Anniversary Celebration: Video Q&A with Leon Chills!

The new year is in full swing, and the DC Community’s regular programming is back up and running! Join us for 2023’s first Q&A, featuring Leon Chills!

We’re excited to kickoff the official 2023 run of DC Community content and programming with a celebration of Milestone’s 30th Anniversary! Join us for our very first video Q&A featuring an incredible talent–Leon Chills!

Are you curious to learn about Leon’s work on the return of Icon and Rocket? Want to hear about Leon’s previous experience in film and TV? Maybe you’re already a massive Milestone fan and simply want another excuse to talk about Icon (lookin’ at you, @staticshocks)! No matter what gets you hyped about comics, submit your questions in the thread below between now and Sunday, January 29, and check out the video Q&A when it releases on February 17 as Leon dives in and shares his insight with the DC Community. Please remember to keep your questions limited to 1 per participant, so everyone has a chance to get their questions answered. We’ll do our best to tackle as many as possible!

13 Likes

I’ll kick things off! Question for Leon:

As we approach the 30th anniversary of the Milestone Initiative, what characters/books stood out to you over the last three decades? Any in particular that you really enjoy (other than Icon and Rocket)?

9 Likes

What is your favorite part of Milestone? The characters? Stories? Mission? Something else?

4 Likes

Hello Leon,
Thankyou so much for your time, I’ve never read any Milestone comic before, which comic would you recommend for a beginner like me to read and why? Thankyou. :grinning:

6 Likes

This year we’re seeing two of the greatest heroes of the Milestone Universe facing each other in Icon vs. Hardware. What are the ideological differences between them?

7 Likes

So stoked to have Leon Chills here with us!

If I recall, your introduction to Milestone began with my personal favorite, Static, and being called to work on the return of Icon & Rocket was actually your first time writing for comics. What was the transition like from television writing to comic book writing? And when it comes to those two visual mediums, did you encounter any sort of writer’s block that made it harder to translate your ideas into a two-dimensional comic compared to the movement of television?

7 Likes

What excites you the most about the future of Milestone???

6 Likes

Hello :wave:

Just finished Icon & Rocket and it was great. Really liked it. Can’t wait for what’s next.

My question is what do you think makes Icon & Rocket standout from the other hero/sidekick dynamic duos?

4 Likes

Hi Leon!

Do you have a Icon/ Rocket song playlist for when you’re writing the duo, and what songs would be on it if you do?

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Kimberly_Butler–and thanks for joining the Q&A! :batparrot:

4 Likes

Thank you :pray:t5: glad to be here

5 Likes

Hey Leon! How does it feel to be the 1st guest to be a part of our new video Q&A series?

5 Likes

Hello Leon. The new Icon and Rocket series looked and read great!

My question for you is, what do you feel the current motivations of Icon are to be a superhero, by the end of the series you co-wrote?

3 Likes

First of all, thanks to DCUI for this opportunity. I love comics and am always interested in the process of creating them so getting the chance to talk to the creators directly is very much appreciated.

Leon, I’m excited to read your work on Icon & Rocket and am thrilled that Milestone is back with the Milestone Initiative. Since these characters first arrived 30 years ago a lot has changed but sadly much has remained the same. One of my favorite parts of Milestone has been how it has combined real world issues and storylines with the wonder and escapism of comics. Will your books be a reflection of the modern times or strive to be more timeless tales and how, if at all, have you evolved Icon & Rocket since we last saw them?

4 Likes

Hi Leon,

What are some of your favorite panels from Icon and Rocket and were there times where you were surprised by the artist take on your words?

3 Likes

Great question–and welcome back to the DC Community!

3 Likes