Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Hey, Jitsu! I’ve noticed that for the past couple weeks, the main page for DCUI hasn’t been updating with the new releases at midnight EST as they used to. Has there been a change in schedule?

7 Likes

I think that sounds rad! Hopefully something like this can exist in the future. Now my question for you is: in a perfect world, who’s voicing all the heroes? :thinking:

8 Likes

Two of Siegel and Shuster’s DC creations appeared briefly in other companies’ comic books: Dr. Occult’s name was altered, but since 4 of 5 chapters of the story arc ran in New Fun Comics, the one chapter appearing elsewhere was definitely the Occult character. And Bart Regan (of the Detective Comics’ feature “Spy”) had his initial appearance for a different company (and no name change even attempted there).
Do you know of other instances where DC and another company were sharing the same character at approximately the same time?

5 Likes

Hey there!

Love this question. I think my current favorite has to be Colin Farrell’s portrayal from last year’s The Batman. Grounding the character in more of a real, gritty mobster felt super genuine to me–I can absolutely see a real-life crime boss in his image.

Contrast that with Danny Devito’s portrayal from 1992’s Batman Returns (my second all-time favorite), it’s pretty amazing to see the evolution of the character.

Fortunately for us, there’s plenty of Penguin content to come! Which is your favorite of the live-action Penguins?

6 Likes

Heyo!

That’s correct! New releases lists will go out on Tuesday mornings going forward.

6 Likes

Great question! Yes and yes–lot’s to look forward to, starting next month! Here’s a peak and what’s to come:

• February Q&A (just announced!): Celebrating Milestone’s 30th anniversary with Leon Chills

• February Book Club: I wasn’t planning to announce this for another few days, but since you asked–we’ll be reading Icon & Rocket Season One, #1 and #2! Keep an eye out for more details soon.

• New Fanworks Window: Reopening the official DC Fanworks submissions in just a few days!

• Giveaways: Starting within the next month or so, we’re going to start doing regularly scheduled giveaways. These could be things like signed books, or even vouchers to the DC Shop! We’re tying up a few more details, but we’ll have some info to share soon.

Lot’s more coming, but these are some exciting highlights I figured I’d share. Lot’s to look forward to!

7 Likes

I haven’t been made aware of any specific plans around DCUI originals, but I’ll certainly ask and see what the deal is there. DCUI was announced before my time at DC started, but it definitely seems like an awesome opportunity!

8 Likes

Hmmmm :thinking:

Lots to choose from here…

I think I’d be interested in seeing John Constantine don the cowl for a bit. His stature and appearance seems about comparable to Bruce, and he certainly has the brains for it in my opinion. I think he would have to change up his fighting style, since so much of his work would be taking out all levels of street thugs in close quarters combat–but it would be cool to see him also use some of his magic as Batman too. Throw in a modified (but still tactical and awesome) Batsuit, and I think we have ourselves a pretty fun crossover.

Who would you pick?

7 Likes

The only thought I have about it is “WOOOOO!!”.

I think Brendan Frasier is just so incredibly talented, and deserves all the recognition for his phenomenal work. From Doom Patrol to The Mummy, the films that he’s been involved in have been better for it. I still haven’t seen The Whale, but I have plans to watch it soon!

10 Likes

Fascinating, as always! :batman_hv_4:

7 Likes

I’m very much lookin’ forward to it!

8 Likes

Thanks! After last week, I was beginning to think you didn’t like me anymore. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

Never! Trivia Corner is always a welcome addition to weekly office hours!

8 Likes

Helloooooo, Office of Justice!!

Over the weekend on Twitter, I answered a question about one of my favorite interactions with a comics creator and I posted this:

Brian actually replied that he remembered this! Haha!

My question is… what is one of your favorite stories about running into a creator of some kind. (It doesn’t have to be DC!)

5 Likes

Do you think that Classic old Superheroes Superheroes and also Supervillains Character’s like Tomorrowoman, Nightshade, Owlwoman, and also Bushmaster are ever going to be brought back into the DC Comics Superhero Universe as character we get to see alot more of or also possibly from?

6 Likes

Constantine, I wouldn’t thought of him but that would be interesting. Mine would be Booster Gold, I would love to see how he would deal with Batman’s villains.

5 Likes

Mine is Robin Lord Taylor’s in Gotham

6 Likes

:man_shrugging: Oh well, Monday night was fun while it lasted, what a great way to start your morning! :grinning:

5 Likes

A while back, someone (a mod) mentioned that there were a couple of events in the next few months that would help provide more comics and fill holes. (I may be misremembering the exact wording but that was the interpretation I had.) Obviously, the Ultra tier was one. (and I had guessed perhaps a Vertigo push for it’s 30th anniversary, so kinda correct.) I was wondering if there were any hints that could be given for the other if it is still planned. (I keep hoping for Piranha Press to be added and Zuda)

7 Likes

I feel like one of them may have been the pivot towards more “DC Universe”-centric digitizations (as opposed to Milestone or WildStorm), which started this month.

7 Likes