45th Metropolis Superman Celebration 2023 Master Thread!

Nice!

It would have been disappointing if they were the Metropolis Gazette or something.

“Daily Planet” must be a DC copyright :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That’s what I was wondering too. Maybe before it became Superman’s hometown it was the Metropolis News or something and they added Planet later. I’ll have to find out when I’m there!! :smiley:

4 Likes

The 5K Fun Run/Walk and Bike Ride event fundraisers have been added! :smiley:
:running_man: :bike:

3 Likes

Yeah I saw that the other day.

3 Likes

I’m going to do the 5K, or at least the walk lol we’ll see if I feel like I can do a 5K in time :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh you got the 5k for sure. I’m not a runner, bad foot, but I use to do 5ks with someone a few years ago, it’s not so bad.

3 Likes

Yea but I’m a Yeti at this point so the heat is going to be the challenge for me :stuck_out_tongue: I’m used to running in the 50’s :grimacing: I hope it’s an unseasonably cool summer in Metro this year! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

yeah running in the 50’s was challenging with the sports wear of the time. Nike hadn’t even came out yet.

3 Likes

:shushing_face: lol I won’t tell anyone :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

New Special Guest announcements!

3 Likes

I will have a list of questions that I will need you to ask him, thank you. :joy: :hugs:

3 Likes

Bar-El: “Hi Mr. Mastramico, I have a message from Aquamon…”

giphy

3 Likes

The Schedule is out!!! I’ll get the thread updated soon but this is the PDF right off the website!

MSC-2023-Schedule-Sheet1.pdf (47.7 KB)

5 Likes

Still working on updating the post with the schedule but I have finished updating the Artists/Writers list!

2 Likes

Wow I wish I had realized that Metropolis was so close to Hopkinsville, Kentucky, where we went to see the eclipse in 2017. I could have easily hopped over there.

We stayed at Evansville, Indiana which is much farther away than Metropolis is from Hopkinsville …oh well.

3 Likes

Then you might be interested in this…

3 Likes

It’s a totally interesting coincidence that these eclipses are happening seven years between each other and that they make an X across the United States in their paths.

And yep that “X” between the two intersects right around Hopkinsville / Carbondale and Metropolis.

We’re watching what the weather will be like at all possible locations for this. Early April is a pretty tumultuous time of year for the United States in the regions that the eclipse passes through, between the usual cloudy Spring up here 8n New York or tornadoes in Oklahoma and Texas.

3 Likes

I say make arrangements for Metro to be your base of operations. Then you’ll be close to other spots you can jump to depending on the weather :stuck_out_tongue:

Granted, Rochester looks to be in a pretty great spot!

2 Likes

Vee shall SEee!

3 Likes

Now I’m contemplating a trip next year for the eclipse… :eyes: the eclipse, yeah, that’s it… :smirk:

3 Likes