Your Top 10 Live-Action Comic Book Movies

CBM in general, what are your top 10 favorite films? I have to go with…

1 - Batman(1989)
2 - Batman Returns
3 - Dark Knight
4 - Batman Begins
5- The Avengers
6 - Avengers: Infinity War
7 - Captain America: Civil War
8 - Black Panther
9 - Man of Steel
10 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(90’s)

1 Like
  1. Superman: The Movie
  2. Batman Forever
  3. Man of Steel
  4. The Dark Knight
  5. Wonder Woman
    6.Watchmen
  6. Akira
  7. Ghost In The Shell
  8. The Shadow
  9. The Rocketeer
2 Likes

Ah the Rocketeer is a great pick. So criminally underrated

1 Like

It is and so is The Shadow. I know The Shadow isn’t a property born from comics but he’s been the focus of so many titles from different publishers (including DC) that I consider it a comic movie.

It’s a bummer that Rocketeer fizzled and never went further. Maybe a reboot would give the property a new chance and bring new audiences to the 1991 movie. It’s probably one of Disney’s best live action movies ever.

2 Likes

I was going to name Mask of Zorro but that character didn’t start as a comic book character either until later and so I thought he doesn’t qualify

1 Like
  1. Dark Knight Rises

2. Infinity War

3. Civil War or Dark Knight

You don’t do well with Top 5 or 10 threads lol. Too hard for me to decide on just 2 or 3

1 Like

Vroom, Thinking back about The Shadow reminds me of The Phantom. I don’t consider them great films but not bad cbm at all either. Pretty underrated and both Alec Baldwin and Billy Zane did good as heroic protagonists despite being unlikely casting choices.

1. Superman (‘78)
  2. Superman II
  3. Batman (‘89)
  4. Captain America: Winter Soldier
  5. Spider-Man 2
  6. Wonder Woman
  7. The Avengers
  8. The Dark Knight
  9. Captain America: Civil War
  10. Man of Steel

I’m pretty sure based on the trailers alone so far that “Aquaman” will probably knock a couple of these of this list when it hits next month.

Maybe I’ll redo my list soon. I am obviously biased for Batman and Bat Films lol

1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. Captain America: Civil War
  3. Logan
  4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  5. The Dark Knight
  6. The Avengers
  7. Batman Begins
  8. The Dark Knight Rises
  9. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  10. Thor: Ragnarok
    the top 5 are all equal, I just put them in that order, but they are all equal, since I like them for different reasons also ps. feel like Daredevil belongs up there cuz it’s movie quality lol gotta give it an honorable mention and I’m also pretty damn sure that Avengers 4 is going to be up here in the end at #1 here’s to hoping they do it right

I really like The Phantom too. It’s a little goofy (Treat Williams does chew that scenery) but just fun. The music is great and Billy Zane was born to be Lex Luthor in some medium at some point. Plus, Catherine Zeta Jones is in it and the trailer had the music from the Judge Dredd trailer. In 1996, evil got slammed.

I think The Shadow came out at the wrong time. I get Universal got dollar signs in their eyes Tex Avery style when in a development meeting, someone said “You know, Warners is making a serious mint on those Batman pictures. How about we make a Shadow movie? Lamont Cranston is a rich, single, purposely aloof playboy with emotional issues that he keeps in check by cloaking himself in the dark of the night while beating the bad guys to paste and making the city and world safe for good people. Plus DC Comics has published his adventures and Kenner can make the toys too.”

Problem is, that’s how audiences who weren’t already familiar with The Shadow franchise saw it. A Batman ripoff. Legal issues may have prevented Universal from tossing “Before Batman, there was…The Shadow!” into the marketing to drive home the fact that The Shadow preceeded Batman. I think the movie’s fun, especially that climax with the mirrors and how Shadow thunderously shatters them to distract Khan. That scene is glorious and a bit of an ode to The Lady from Shanghai, I believe. Plus you’ve got Tim Curry, Ian McKellan and a wonderful Jerry Goldsmith score.

1 Like

Does anyone like Tank Girl?

2 Likes

I’m a tank girl fan/ Lori Petty fan, loved her as livewire (voiceover) on Stas and New Batman adventures. Ok top ten.

1. Watchmen
  2. Man of steel
  3. Sucker Punch
  4. Suicide Squad
  5. Wonder Woman
  6. Justice League
  7. Batman vs Superman
    8, Batman Begins
  8. Red 1&2
  9. Superman ‘78
    Not in order

I really wish I could have Justice League in my top 10. I like it but nowhere near my favorites and prefer Man of Steel and BvS(ultimate cut)

Loves me some Livewire. That Tank Girl movie seems to get alot of flack but I like what I’ve seen of it. Matches up with the few Tank Girl comics I’ve read.

Only seen parts of Tank Girl when I was a kid, can’t remember most of it

It was a B movie sensation (tank girl) to invent a phrase. They billed it as a big deal then it went straight to cable where it became a cult classic, hey cult classic that’s what I could’ve used instead of b movie sensation

Dick Tracy
Batman Forever
Black Panther
Wonder Woman
Man Of Steel
Spiderman Homecoming
The Dark Knight
Deadpool 2
Logan
Batman

2 Likes
  1. Superman 2