Your Favorite One-Season TV Shows!

It’s weird to say, but there’s no doubt that this Friday will be a somber occasion for DC Universe, as SWAMP THING will soon enter the grave of fan-favorite TV shows taken far too soon.

So, to celebrate the show’s short life as an excellent season of pulp horror television, I ask you guys: what is your favorite one-season TV show?

I don’t know if I have a clear favorite. In fact, most of my favorite short-lived wonders have had two seasons at most. Although, I did like the ideas presented in NBC’s Powerless (which totally should be on DC Universe btw, hint hint).

DC-related or not, is there a show you thought was brilliant that never made it past the first season?

3 Likes

Older shows: Ruby Spears Superman, Filmation Aquaman, The Adventures of Batman (also by Filmation).

Newer: GLTAS and Beware The Batman.

3 Likes

Of DC, I’d probably say GLAS. There are so many Lantern tales to tell.

As for all-time, a British comedy series about a “page 3” newspaper called “Hot Metal”. It was hilarious.

1 Like

@Vroom I LOVE the Ruby Spears Superman. To this day I’m trying to find the score to that show.

2 Likes

For any title, I’d go with Partners In Crime with Lynda Carter and Loni Anderson. Strictly DC, I’d go with Constantine.

2 Likes

Police Squad! (In Color)

4 Likes

Constantine easily

4 Likes

For DC: The John Wesley Shipp Flash show from the 1990s.

Non-DC: Firefly

3 Likes

Constantine was the gold standard for me!!! The way it was left on a massive cliff hanger just killed me😥…

#BringBackConstantine

4 Likes

Clerks The Animated Series

2 Likes

Constantine

1 Like

@AlexanderKnox Hurray, someone else who loves Police Squad! That show is hilarious!

adds the original Flash TV series to his “short and sweet” list

3 Likes

@superby1 The Ruby Spears Superman is so much fun. It’s clearly influenced by the John Byrne Superman run, which makes it even more wonderful than it already is on its own merits.

3 Likes

“Brooklyn Bridge”

1 Like

Being a big Science fiction I will say Firefly
Directed by Joss Whedon Who knew he would be come the movie Mogul he is today

2 Likes

Luck, David Milch’s HBO show about a race track.

1 Like

DC-related: Swamp Thing
Non-DC: Firefly

1 Like

Limitless - It was such a good show based on the movie

Obviously Firefly, and also I liked Powerless. Another was Detroit 187, a homicide detective show starring Micheal Imperioli. Great cast, very good writing, serialized story telling and shot in Detroit which has lot of Greeley buildings both falling down and still in use.

1 Like

My favorite DC related one season TV series would be Powerless. I know a lot didn’t seem to like it but I thought the show was hilarious and only thing I didn’t like about it was that it ended so soon.

Non-DC related. I would go with Firefly, cliched but still my pick. Although Freaks and Geeks, My So Called Life also ended to soon. On a “no one but me probably remembers it” note, I also was sorry to see an old show called Midnight Cafe not make it past season 1. And there was a very short lived 70’s show called Fantastic Journey that I caught on re-runs in high school that I wish had gotten a longer run.

2 Likes