Young Justice: Phantoms Spoilers Discussion

Know various versions of “Earth-17” but wondered if this is the one that Klarion was alluding to

3 Likes

I was so curious what that meant!

5 Likes

Oh jeeze :joy_cat: that makes perfect sense, thank you. It’s the world from Jack Kirby’s Kamandi. I love how they just threw that in there as another nod to the creator of Etrigan and Klarion.

5 Likes

I’m confused on Blood, I thought he was a vampire?

3 Likes

This arc just gets more and more scary! I hate Nabu so much but I’m glad he hates Savage. What the hell is happening to Gar?

3 Likes

Jason Blood isn’t a vampire, he’s an immortal knight of Camelot who shares basically a spot on the mortal plane with Etrigan the demon. When Jason says that incantation, Etrigan can occupy his spot on Earth, but Jason is sent to Hell for that time. They’re from The Demon created by Jack Kirby and it’s so fun.

6 Likes

This season definitely isn’t for me but I’m glad others are liking it because it means the chance for future seasons.
I am really not a fan of the flashbacks being just still images with voiceover and Stranger’s voice work is more of what I dislike in the show’s actors overall. Say . . it . slow . . and it . . will sound . . important.
And am I alone in thinking that Conner is just with the Legion? It seems obvious and makes the intense grieving (which I’m not judging) seem like overkill.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that with the animation, too. Between the still images with voice overs the last few arcs and having the first arc be on Mars with telepathy, I wonder if this was a measure taken during the pandemic. You save a lot of time and animation by not having mouth movements, and in the case of the flashbacks, it’s easier to do it over still frames with voice over than animate it. I know the final shots of last season did this, so maybe they were comfortable enough to say “We could get it out sooner if we do this”

7 Likes

Anyone here got any ideas on where the show is going with the Magic School Bus?

I loved that the school bus from Season 1 reappeared with the Bowhunter Security episode (forgetting now if that’s season 2 or 3…). I loved it even more when Zatanna and her students almost hit it this season… at night. And then they questioned the improbability of its existence. (Except Zatanna.)

Then it shows up in space and almost hits Baby?!

Any ideas where that bizarre thread is headed?

5 Likes

Welcome back to the community @Jcwjd.92106! :wave: Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Finally got a minute to sit down and watch this week’s episode. A lot of good info this week. Atlantis with Klarion and Vandal’s backstory. Did we know that Nabu was Vandal’s grandson? I forget if we did.

I enjoy Zatanna and all the magic a lot. I have no idea what backup that they have that will be able to stop the Child, but I can’t wait to see it. Etrigan’s comment to Mary about her similarities to Jason was funny too.

I really hope Beast Boy isn’t going down the path he is looking like he is… I just… really hope he isn’t. We now have a time frame that it’ll be about a week before M’gann is back. So, probably no one will check in with him until then… I’m very nervous for him. I hope he pulls through and is okay. He is a such a good character and it hurts to see him like this.

The school bus was a funny moment. I’m very confused but can’t wait to find out what that is all about. Ms. Frizzle maybe? :laughing:

All in all it was a good episode this week. Can’t wait for next week.

4 Likes

That bus really seems to come out of nowhere…and I can’t wait to find out about it!

3 Likes

Same thing came to my mind regarding Connor and the Legion

Reminds me of what Johns did in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds miniseries

That’s why I’m also hoping we discover Wally is also in the future as well with Connor

5 Likes

He’s sent to Hell?! That’s one messed up deal! How’d it even happen?

2 Likes

Nabu is Savage’s son and yes, we found out last season.

3 Likes

E10
Awesome™:+1: episode

BB isn’t doing so hot still. And Megan is still hurt but nice it see the sisterly bonding. And fun how Miss M knew the psychological trick the sister was doing.

The Atlantis origins was cool. Nice to see Savage had a hand in so much. And Klarion too.

Then the big fight between Klarion and child. Very awesome™:+1:. And Etrigan appears. Very very awesome™:+1:. And Nabu at the end. Interesting.:thinking:

The credits. Savage want to evac his resources. Definitely big move by him.

Also cool to see the Gargoyles Easter eggs in Jason’s house. With the Phoenix Gate, Odin’s Eye and the Book.

Will this be the end of Klarion? Can Z and team stop them? What will Fate do? All this and more Same Whelmed Time Same Whelmed Channel.

3 Likes

Those Gargoyles Easter eggs…so good!

3 Likes

Yeah had to rewind it once to make sure I was seeing it right :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

From Gargoyles the show?

4 Likes

I’d forgotten originally in Jack Kirby’s origin that they were sort of a Jekyll and Hyde deal instead of two separate entities.

3 Likes