Young Justice: Phantoms Spoilers Discussion

I loved this episode! This might be my favorite of the last two seasons. I’m still not sure what to make of Onyx and Scandal. I will say, as an All-Star Squadron fan, it was nice hearing the shout out to Amazing Man.

The flashback with Jade asking her sister to raid the fridge was tough. You can have all the fighting skills in the world…but you still gotta eat.

Loved Black Spider in this. I also love that The Shade used HIS shadow to pull out The Shadows

The only thing I wasn’t thrilled about was cutting back to Gar. Between last season and last arc, I’m sick of this version of Gar. I really miss the kid from the first and second season. This teenage version…yeah, we could use a break.

And, I gotta give it to the writers having Jason Bard as Artemis’ boyfriend. I’m vaguely familiar with the character, but I like this version. I could’ve sworn it was Nathan Fillion doing the voice. It was Jeff Bennett, but kudos to him! His energy was awesome.

3 Likes

Interesting how Gar turned off the TV before Perdita appeared. She sounds like she’s in a potentially bad place with the situation Brion has created. Is this the end of Gardita? Will Gar snap out of his funk?

Meanwhile, the ladies are headed to Santa Prisca. We’ll see how that goes.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of Cassandras in this show, LOL.

3 Likes

Gar is understandably in a funk, he thinks his brother is dead, which he better not be. I definitely agree about him turning off the TV when Perdita was about to talk, why not just break up with her if he doesn’t want to see her? It’s not fair to her, I’m finding it very hard to like this Gar, I prefer Titans’ Gar for sure.

4 Likes

Artemis better break up with that dude! Wally needs to come back! I really hope Jade can come back from her evil ways!

2 Likes

I just saw the last two episodes and I have to say, so much better than the Mars arc. And I am very pleased to see Spoiler and Orphan getting plenty of screen time. Neither character has ever been on any other DC show or movie, animated or live. I am hoped we see more of them and some of the other breakaway groups from Young Justice.

5 Likes

I certainly hope you’re wrong, because I recall the Flash TV show pulling some chicanery in regards to Killer Frost, how the civilian name was different so they didn’t have to pay the creators, or something along those lines. If that’s what they’re doing, Angry Spork will get much, much angrier.

Though, I don’t think that would really work, since the surname change doesn’t really mean much. Heck, next episode could have a throwaway line about David Cain being her Dad. They could’ve listed “Cassandra [Cain] Wu-San created by Kelley Puckett and Damion Scott”. Putting “Orphan created by” doesn’t sound right for a number of reasons.

Just hope they don’t try and do the “Cass killed Harper’s Mom” crap down the line.

3 Likes

Oh, I hope I’m wrong too.

Besides, she is using the name Orphan, which came from David, right? So, David should be involved somewhere.

I hope they credit the correct creators as well.

3 Likes

I completely forgot that Looker was introduced in Season 3.

3 Likes

It sounds like Gar and Perdita need each other’s support, but neither can offer it. I’m going to guess that they will break up, which I think means they have something else in mind for BB, but what? Are they planning on killing him off, or are they planning on pairing him up with someone else, like Jill Jackson or Raven? They could have let him fade away this season, but he has had some screen time. So I’m guessing they have plans for him. But I think that will have to wait until the current arc is completed.

3 Likes

E6
Awesome™:+1: episode

The hunt
for the mole continues.
Some nice flashbacks with Jade and Artemis.

Then the interrogations. It’s hard to trust. Onyx seems more believe but that may be Vandal Savage bias leading to mistrust in Cass Sav. But they could both be plants adding a double twist. :thinking:

Orphan has been great. Very nice stuff with her and now captured and the daughter revealed. Interesting

Beast boy hit hard there with Connor. Feel bad for him.

A lot of
new and returning characters this season. Black Spider and Shade pop up. Greta to see. Shiva as well.
And intros to Looker (unless she was there before and I forgot :sweat_smile:. Thought she was Omen at first). And Rictus was pretty cool.

The credit with the Cadmus friend of Connor mourning. Very sad.

Can our heroes save Orphans? Will Jade help her sister? How will the Outsiders function without Beast Boy? All this and more Same Whelmed Time Same Whelmed Channel.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. They’ve made plenty of changes to these characters so far, it wouldn’t be too difficult to find out another reason she took the name. Like, Batman used it when they met, she seemed to like it, because she wanted to be “orphaned” from (at least) her Mom.
Makes more sense than “I wanted to honor the blithering idiot that hated my guts and jumped into lava.”

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s fair. Hopefully, we will find out.

2 Likes

For anyone interested: HBO Max hosted Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman on the Young Justice subreddit and they answered some questions
https://www.reddit.com/r/youngjustice/comments/qledsg/ask_us_anything_greg_and_brandon_are_here_at/

Pushing aside my disappointment that DCU seems to have been left out of this entirely … I do use reddit extensively and the Young Justice community on there is pretty active. Anyone else lurking around there?

3 Likes

No, but I am at DCComics, DCfilm, Hawkman, and Stargirl reddits. The first one used to have good creator AMAs.

4 Likes

You know there are a lot of things I could comment on about this episode but there is only one thing I’m gonna say.
I enjoyed Spider-Man… I mean Black Spider showing up.

3 Likes

Is Keaton still voicing him?

4 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

The Joker!!!

4 Likes

I really enjoyed this version. I always forget that he was in YJ. This episode’s Joker is voiced by the same actor that played him in the audio adventures podcast, and it was a complete surprise to see him. I loved it.

4 Likes