Young Justice: Phantoms Spoilers Discussion

A solid episode this week too.

Finally, an Oracle origin I can get behind. Still, a rough moment but it happened for a good reason and way less terrible things happened because of it. Plus, I’m a sucker for almost any usage of black and white animation in an otherwise color episode.

Kind of happy Savage was the mole because I do like Onyx.

Angry Me’gann is terrifying.

And Joker getting mad that he was used as a pawn in Savage’s game and deciding to blow up Lex as payback is just wonderful. I love it.

Anyway, great episode all around. I am liking the narration style with the story telling from Artemis. It gives it a cool vibe.

5 Likes

Is anyone hoping for Helena Wayne to show up as a 6 or seven-year-old? I personally would like the bat and the cat to have had their kitten first.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned especially on her wedding day.

hopefully she can still have Children so she and dick can have Bryce or John.

2 Likes

What a great episode! It was awesome hearing Brent Spiner on the show again.

You all know I didn’t like the Mars storyline. When I saw it was the opening I almost flipped my lid. But I actually liked the Mars stuff this week: short, but effective.

Loved how they weaved The Lady and the Tiger into the story.

4 Likes

E7

Great episode

First on Mars. Poor Miss M. Decimated everyone. Then just sadness. Worried about her. And sis is coming along. Curious :thinking:.

The team on there way to rescue Cass.

Flash backs. Great stuff. Class’s mission kill Joker. He was great. Mad at being used and the Riddler for knowing :laughing:. The bat fam works together. And an Oracle origin too. Very cool twist and nice stuff with Cass and Babs.

They infiltrate the Shadows. The what’s Whelmed was great​:laughing:. Savage is the mole. Looks like Onyx can be trusted so far. Maybe a triple cross. Or a deeper mole plot planting 2 moles and one to put themselves building trust. But now it’s time to fight.

How will our heroes escape? Can they still trust Onyx? Is Miss M going to be okay? All this and more Same Whelmed Time Same Whelmed Channel.

4 Likes

I just want to say I am liking the Bat Family in this Universe. I hope once this arc is done we see some background on Spoiler, Robin, who is probably Tim Drake, and Batwoman.

4 Likes

Yeah, it is Tim. We saw him in previous seasons.

3 Likes

Poor M’gann, trying to find some closure in knowing who was responsible for Conner’s death, only to hit a dead end.

Interesting that her sister has chosen to remain in her humanoid form, since there are no humans or humanoids traveling with them in baby bioship.

4 Likes

It occurred to me that M’gann has acted as a councilor for the local school. Given the way she left, so detached and apathetic, methinks there’ll be a moment at her work where she’ll–not do her job as well as she could. Maybe snap at a student, maybe ignore them altogether.

While hearing the name “Orphan” still feels like daggers in my side, this was an interesting twist on Cassandra’s origin. She still sees the ramifications of her actions, but they weren’t quite as deadly as before. There’s still the matter of how Babs came to consider her a sister. While I was at first curious about “saving Cass, not the Joker” mentality, it does sorta make sense. For all she knew, the girl was out for revenge or thought she was doing the right thing by putting a known mass murderer in the ground, but didn’t want her to have blood on her hands.
For a spell, I wondered if they were actually going to kill Mr. J off, and that would be the trauma that turned to the good side,

3 Likes

Hmm, I am now kinda wondering: Who is Cassandra’s Wu-San’s father? it might not be David Cain as in this universe she was raised by her mother. Given the change in origin for Cassandra, it could mean she does not have the same father as Comic Batgirl. I also recall from Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Knighthfall Shiva being in love with Bane and having a son with him.

PS: What if Damian is not bruces in this but Jason’s as that would be an interesting twist and given what happens in The lost years entirely possible.

3 Likes

I gotta say, I was blown away by the twist in how Barbara became paralyzed. It was shocking but I also admire they did something different. And it made sense why Barbara wanted to save Orphan.

I’m loving this arc.

7 Likes

She was? When? Ha!

4 Likes

He’s been ignoring her though, not she him. I barely care about Gar, if I ever did to be honest.

4 Likes

This episode changed the formula, we saw both Megan and Artemis’s arcs. Conner better not be dead though!!! Savage was the mole all along, makes sense she’s Vandal Savage’s daughter. I’m so happy Jade went to help her sister!

3 Likes

Me too, never would’ve thought they’d change the comics origin. But why help Orphan? She didn’t even know her.

4 Likes

I wondered that too. I figured that’s just who Barbara is. She’s got a sense this amazing sense of compassion. She didn’t want Orphan to kill the Joker, and even though she was paralyzed, Barbara still wanted to reach out and help her. That takes a lot of courage and character.

3 Likes

Exactly, before Barbara explained herself I was thinking why would she save the Joker? And now she is paralyzed because of it. But then after she said she was trying to save Cass (a complete stranger to her) I was blown away for a differet reason. I think that just speaks volumes about Barbara as a character. She was willing to jump in front of one of the worst people she has ever met to keep this person from becoming a killer. And for all she knew Cass could already have been a killer at this point but she did it anyway.

This episode was so good and I really enjoyed seeing the backstory and a different take on Barbara’s story.

4 Likes

Me too. I’ve been burned out on The Killing Joke for a very long time now. This was a nice change of pace.

4 Likes

Season 3 episode “Elder Wisdom”

3 Likes

I’ve had a soft spot for BB since the 2003 cartoon show, though I don’t really like the mopey version we’re seeing now.

4 Likes

Just watched :grin: the latest episode and love the Easter eggs from the current comics =) Lian wearing her Mommy Mask as she is now catwomans apprentice the Cheshire cat in the comics, GOD THEY HAVE BEEN TEASING A LIAN/JADE MEETING IN THE COMIC FOR MONTHS. :grin:

The other easter egg is an interesting one if you overthink it: Cassandra stabs her mother in the exact same spot Bruce stabs Sandra in Batman Urban legends issue 3 story: Lady Shiva Death Wish she survives that too. Hmm, I wonder if she won’t be an Orphan much longer. Gone, gone the Orphan rise the Batgirl: Cassandra Gordan :grin: personally I think it would be fun to have had Babs adopt Cass over Bruce on Earth-16.

PS: the guy in the red hood and full-face mask has to be Jason Todd.

5 Likes