YOUNG JUSTICE OUTSIDERS WHY WE GOTTA WAIT FOR SOMETHING WE'RE PAYING FOR?

QUESTION? : WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG TO SEE ANYTHING ON THE DC APP IF WE’RE PAYING FOR IT?
EXAMPLE; YOUNG JUSTICE OUTSIDERS DOESN’T RELEASE THE LAST 13 EPISODES UNTIL JUNE!!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I’VE WATCH EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE APP MULTIPLE TIMES! YOUNG JUSTICE IS THE ONLY SHOW I GOT THE DC APP FOR & YOU RESTRICTED ACCESS TO MAKE MORE MONEY OFF OF THE SAME CONTENT ON NETFLIX, HULU, & FIRESTICK?? I’M CANCELING UNTIL JUNE SO YOU CAN’T USE ME AS YOUR CONSTANT PAYING CUSTOMER!

13 Likes

periodt.

SyFy is airin g Deadly Class by the episode.

Maybe because they need to finish making the episodes and ironing out the rough bits first?

6 Likes

Goodnight.

Episodes have to me completed, that’s why.

2 Likes

NEW SEASON OF GAME OF THRONES WHY WE GOTTA WAIT FOR SOMETHING WE’RE PAYING FOR?!.!!?!

QUESTION: WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THINGS :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

@malikomar_7, thank you for joining us for the first half of the season. I apologize that we did not have enough communication about our schedule to reach you. I’m glad we have a system that allows you to try us out on the months you choose. Looking forward to seeing you in June!

4 Likes

Chill bro. They gotta make the rest of the episodes

2 Likes

Don’t you want to watch Doom Patrol? Swamp Thing? Like, come on, this comes off like the silliest “look at me, I want what I want and I want it now” post. Cancel if you don’t want to wait - feel free to come back in June. They just added a TON of comics content. There’s a new DC talk show episode every day. They are adding the DC animated films almost immediately. Why complain - just leave. If I wasn’t happy, I’d just unsubscribe.

7 Likes

I can’t tell if people who get upset like this are annoying or entertaining to me.
Do you have ANY idea how long it takes to actually produce an episode of anything?
Live action is generally a little shorter of a turnaround. Animated shows take an incredibly long time to produce.

After writing, casting, etc. They have to bring the voice actors in to record the dialog. If they’re lucky, they will get more than 40% of the cast together at once. The rest they have to record individually as their schedules allow. Then they have to do circle takes (decide which takes/performances they like best). Next is to create an animatic (basically still panels for each scene) and time the dialog out the way they want. Send that to animators (usually overseas nowadays) and let them actually animate the thing. After all that, they send the video to music and sound effects. Then they will end up making small changes to the visuals that make a huge impact on sound design within the last couple of days before it goes to the final mix. From here, (for DC) it goes to the Warner Brothers legal department and s&p (standards and practices) so they can make sure that they won’t get sued for using a visual logo, or a song they didnt license or any other host of things. If they catch anything, it goes back to that stage (animators swap out brand logos for something generic, sound effects editors use a phone ring sound that isn’t copyrighted by apple, or whatever). Now it can go to online where they make the master file that has video and sound together. That file goes to QC to make sure that there’s no weird glitches in animation, no dropouts in the soundtrack or anything like that. After all of this, they can use this file to create physical media such as bluray or DVD. Or they use it to recode to a different file that is the preferred medium for whatever streaming service it will go to (Amazon, Netflix, hulu,etc. They all have different requirements). And now they can finally release said episode of a show.

How come the Aquman sequel (who knows of they’re actually making it or not) isnt out yet?

Come on, man. Grow up!

2 Likes

Watch the episodes then come back in June. Meanwhile, I’m all in on repeat viewings!

1 Like

Granted, I haven’t been on the app since the very beginning- I made it here late December, so things before than may have been different. But I did like 5 minutes of my own searching on the internet before subscribing and was easily able to determine that not all DC content would be available, and wasn’t expecting it to be so.

To say DC is not being open about when new content will arrive is just not true. Let’s use Reign of Supermen as a recent example. How many weeks before it came out dis they announce that it (and every other animated movie coming to the service in the future) would be available here on the same day as the the physical DVD/bluray release? For the record, I will say that I don’t necessarily agree with the practice of releasing it digitally on other platforms first, but they sure as hell didn’t hide that information from anyone. They were very upfront about the way that would go down.

Hell, I haven’t even watched YJO yet, have been working the last month or so like 80 hours a week, not paying attention specifically to it and still already knew that there are only 13 episodes currently and that the rest are coming some time in June.

You could have browsed these forums for less than 10 minutes and easily found out that YJO is on mid-season break and coming back in June. Instead you came in and gave the entire forum an all caps whining about how you deserve all of the content they’ve ever made because you’re “paying for it”. Even if it hasn’t been created yet, you should have it NOW.

What you’ve done, is demonstrate a willful ignorance. This is something many people, rightfully so, don’t tend to like.

I’m sorry that you feel you are being ripped off because something that wasn’t planned to be released yet isnt released yet.

I’ve only had time in the last few weeks to read a handful of comics and watch maybe a couple of episodes because of my crazy work schedule, and I still feel like I am getting my money’s worth. If i had bought 5 new comics in the last month, I would have paid more than what I paid this month for the service.

8 Likes

Business model. They already know they have what you want. But what about the people that don’t know what they want. What makes more money? Give them everything? Let them be overloaded on dc and possible burn out, for free in one free month trial. Or give it to them slowly? Allow them to dive into it in there own time for multiple mouths (that they have to pay to be a part of). Business model. Projections. Long term. That is why… Comic book sells are dying more and more every decade and marvel is killing it in main medium, not dc. They have to prove they still make money. And they are one of the few companies still, In my opinion, taking care of their fans. I might not have younger justice right now, but I have A YEARS worth of content based in a universe I care about. Unsubscribe, we won’t miss you.

I’d have settled for them stretching the first half of Outsiders out two more weeks so it stopped when Doom Patrol begins. Two and a half weeks of no new content is ridiculous.

5 Likes

The episodes aren’t done dude. How do you propose DC gives us content that isn’t finished?

1 Like

DC is literally trying to scam us. I only got this app for YOUNG JUSTICE.

5 Likes

If they wanted to scam for money, they’d have released every episode individually to keep people subscribed for the content. One episode per week, like a normal show. Instead, we got 13 weeks of content in 4 weeks. Doesn’t seem like restricting access to me.

Things are created exclusively for DCU because of the subscribers here, and yes people need money, that’s how it works. Saying you’re unsubscribing and then wanting the content is not going to work out for you.

5 Likes

Nice use of capital letters. I am alright with them having a mid-season finale. Lets me catch up on other shows.

2 Likes

You got problems dude you only signing up for young justice doesn’t make sense why would u pay for an app for 1 thing.

4 Likes

These kinds of threads are never going to go away are they? People are always going to piss and moan aren’t they?

9 Likes