Young Justice (Comic Books) Appreciation Thread

i dont normally make threads and the only ones i saw were tv show related
hope young justice fans join this thread
characters that arent listed in tags are still liked
(add a slobo, empress,secret and teen lantern tag dc)

love for all young justice members can be expressed here

7 Likes

Yes!!! One of my favorite comics OAT!!

5 Likes

i doubt this thread will be very active but please show your love for every character here

got the whole squad laughing

5 Likes

I love everything about this series except for the end with Secret and Darkseid. It felt unnecessary and really almost ruined Secret’s character IMO.

4 Likes

getting your life cut off and being confused at what you truly even are might not help when thinking about anything else also i love the image i posted with secret and darkseid
it looks amazing and todd nauck cooked

not a huge fan of the end of yj in the first place but thats probably because its the end of a great comic
that and slobo literally got put on a shelf for later use and was never used later

and i will never not be salty about it till hes used again

4 Likes

:raised_hands:

I agree! He’s an amazing, complex, and just an overall powerful character who deserves better! I’d love, like, a spin-off miniseries or something focusing on Slobo and Empress.

4 Likes

maybe have the old meet the new
like i dunno put empress with yara flor or something cuz magic i guess amazonians are magic sometimes right ?
and put slobo , super cycle and crush together in stories
and secret is back
just put her with people in gotham because she likes tim

4 Likes

I love all of those! Like a mentorship almost. Like Hal with Greta!

3 Likes

is there anyone currently like greta ?
cuz i dont expect spectre to hang out with her nowadays

3 Likes

I don’t think so. I’d love to be proven wrong though

3 Likes

im gonna go to bed soon and i dont like to talk about dark cringe young justice but i really hate that the author didnt even do the most basic of research and labeled empress as a villain

3 Likes

also i forgot to mention arrowette in images but she gets slightly more love than the characters that dont currently exist so whatever

3 Likes

I liked Arrowette until she gave it up. Lost some respect for her there. Like, I understand why, but you totally just left your friends in the dust.

3 Likes

I love the Young Justice comics so much that everytime I read a bunch of issues I remember that when I finish it there will be no more at all I get sad and stop reading so I have yet to even finish it. I think I own more of it than I’ve actually read. Like I’m at least aware of most of what happens in what I haven’t read but I can’t bring myself to finish it because once it’s gone it’s over forever. I’m so insane about this series. It makes me so happy. My guy Tim’s obviously in it and I’m a big fan of him. Kon and Bart are faviorites too. Cassie, Cissie, and Greta are also super cool. I’m nearly indifferent towards everyone else. (I knoe everyone loves Slobo but idk I just don’t really.) I’ll probably have more to say later but right now I’m thinking about it and it’s making me excited and I can’t communicate thoughts so I will stop for now. I really like this series. Yup.

3 Likes

dunno how you cant like slobo (lil’lobo is just lobo but slobo is his own dude created from lil’lobo)
slobo is epic and his story is kinda sad too
i highly reccomend finishing the original young justice and then just moving onto geoff johns teen titans and then bendis young justice
(after that DONT READ Dark Crisis Young Justice because it entirely disrespects the classic one trying to claim its racist and all other buzzwords while the story itself had a racist moment by showing a black young justice team member in a villain lineup)

3 Likes

Already have, it’s my favorite series to hate on

3 Likes

im so sorry you had to go through that

3 Likes

I’ve always been drawn to young heroes learning the ropes to being a hero and functioning as a team, so Young Justice was a fave of mine.

The last reboot gave us some new characters, that unfortunately seem to be in limbo for an undetermined amount of time. I really thought that Naomi and Jinny Hex had potential to be interesting characters.

I was also thrilled that they gave Zan & Jayna a reboot, and I wished the idea from this panel had come to fruition. It could’ve been a great storyline, and way to use more of DC’s teen heroes.

4 Likes

i totally forgot that the twins were in both young justice iterations
since history is restored they probably remember being part of it originally again

3 Likes

might torture myself and reread dark crisis young justice just to see how wrong the writer of it was about the original young justice

should i or should i not bother

3 Likes