Would you pay double to have access to ALL comics?

Yes if it includes Vertigo.

2 Likes

I would go double

I would definitely do that

I would go up to $19.99 a month or possibly more to have something close to the amount of comics that Marvel Unlimited has.

1 Like

Absolutely.

I would pay double easily. There is next to nothing after Rebirth in the Comic vault now. There are a lot of runs I would like to read and can’t. Then there are some incomplete runs which means I can’t read those comics that are available. To have all of them or at least everything that is 6 months ago and before, that would be worth an extra $10 a month easy

1 Like

How much does marvel charge?

@marcorr Marvel Unlimited is 9.99.

Personally I wouldn’t say I’d pay $10 more than the current price of 7.99, but I’d definitely jump on a subscription offer of 9.99-12.99 for access to just a comics library of the same size as Marvel Unlimited. One with more complete series. I just want to be able to read characters like Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, and more from their first appearance up to at least Flashpoint. If they want to withhold their newer stuff (like from these past 6 years) I’d understand. They still sell many of the New 52 stuff in trades even. I just really enjoy binging a character on Marvel Unlimited. Reading stuff in blocks and seeing the progression of the characters and universe.

3 Likes

I definitely mirror brenden’s comment. I’m currently a Marvel Unlimited subscriber and I was SO pumped to have a DC equivalent. Bummed that from the get go the library is scarcer than I had originally thought, but am hopeful that it can get better(?). Either way, I definitely like that we get the streaming content, BUT I would pay $9.99 for a comics only subscription with the potential to have a comprehensive and continuously updated library. I just LOVE DC Comics!

2 Likes

Immediately, even if new stuff was held back 6 months

1 Like

I would consider it if they allow us to buy new digital comics here

No. $75 for a year is enough. We should be able to get graphic novels too instead of single issue comics. First world problem though lol.

1 Like

For access to the entire library? In a heartbeat.

I personally think The Sweet Spot would be around what Hulu costs for no commercials so around maybe $12 a month that would include everything we have here plus some kind of great Digital Library it gives us up to within like just before a year of the comics runs that are current.

I agree, having access to all issues older than six (or whatever) months and then the ability to buy any and all newer issues individually, including the current week’s releases would be ideal.

1 Like

I was expecting this to be more along the lines of Marvel Unlimited where I can read all comics but just be a few months behind. I hope that’s what this turns into. Might not keep it if not. I might pay double considering the access to tv and movies. I’m in this for the comics though and it’s lacking there.

1 Like

I was hoping that it would at least all the complete old comics on here. I think $75 is enough as a broke college student. Or at least all the classic must reads. I think I would understand if we had to purchase the new stuff coming out. Actually I thought all comics would be available with first purchase, which would be ideal and why I was sold on buying this. But if we’re going to have to buy everything anyways then I probs won’t keep it seeing as I’m doing that already.

AT&T owns DC. They own HBO, they own CW, they own DirectTV, they own ATT Now. There’s a million places for DC shows to go to get tv content and keep it all in the AT&T family. But they don’t even do that. If you want TV and movies this isn’t the place to go because you gotta get Smallville on Hulu, Krypton on Syfy, Arrowverse on Netflix, and I don’t even know where the Snyder movies are. This isn’t the place for tv and movies. It seems then that this should be a place for comics. And it isn’t even that either. What fools we are for trusting them again.

2 Likes

I think the whole point of this app with a community message board is for dc to slowly release and add content as time goes. For instance, it was Batman day and the app is full of Batman comics and movies. It gives people a chance to read and watch things on that character and discuss before highlighting another. In a way it’s smart and will keep things fresh as more and more content becomes available, rather than saying here is everything. Just my opinion.

I dont know about double, this is roughly what i pay for Marvel Unlimited, this comes with tv and movies but most of that is easy to come by without this subscription.

1 Like