Worst or Just “Hit and Miss” DC Comics Films and Live Action TV Show?

I think Suicide Squad was in part a victim of major re-writes. I remember early on their were a leak that they would fight a terrorist organization who hired Deathstroke, who would essentially have been the main bad guy. Somehow using him fell through and they already had Enchantress in the movie so they changed her to the villain and had to make everything work around that. It would be cool is more details on the original version ever came out. Regardless, I’m sure the sequel will be better!

2 Likes

I have the very unpopular opinion that The Dark Knight is not a good film. Yes, Heath as the Joker was great in it and it was really impressive how they were able to re-imagine such and icon character so well. I wasn’t one of those people who thought it would be terrible because he was in it or anything like that. I really wanted to love the move, but the more I’ve seen it the more I think it just doesn’t work.

Everything else in the movie is kind of terrible and uninteresting. I love Two-Face and Aaron Eckhart (Thank You For Smoking is one of my favorite movies, which was the film that made Nolan cast him), but this take was pretty dull. That’s made worse by the whole love triangle aspect even worse than it needed to be. Bruce, Rachel, and Harvey all had no personality in the movie, certainly not compared to Heath’s Joker.

This was also the movie where Christian Bail started to use the silly Batman voice that quickly became a punchline. Then there was the goofy unethical Batman spy machine, which was immediately made clear that Lucius was going to destroy it after the first use. Why can’t Batman actually do detective work in the movie? The Joker literally had people dressed as clowns lined up in windows because he wanted to be found. Why was the machine even needed?

Then the ending if pretty flat. Two-Face isn’t a threat at all, Bats and Gordon come up with a silly plan to lie because Gotham can’t handle knowing Harvey went nuts. Did the people in the city even care? Did they like him that much? Most people don’t even know who their DA is. Maybe if he was more likeable to the audience it would have been more impactful and worked, but otherwise it’s a lame ending.

If the movie was just the Joker causing trouble until Batman shows up at the end it would have been better. I feel like the people who love the movie somehow manage to block the rest out somehow. I do really like Batman Begins and enjoy The Dark Knight Rises, but The Dark Knight just doesn’t work for me.

even thou i have not seen the 2016 film i agree with you do hope that the folllow up/reboot will be better next summer in 2021 :wink: :ok_hand:

:expressionless: :neutral_face: :point_down: :-1: