Worst or Just “Hit and Miss” DC Comics Films and Live Action TV Show?

I’m very very very sorry to say this to anyone who’s a fan of the show: but, Titans for me. I love this app and it’s produced so many great shows, but Titans is the one show on the service that just sucks imo. I have a hard time watching it. The characters are bleak, the writing is sporadic, and the visuals are largely uninteresting and bland. Again, no hate to anyone who watches the show, it’s just very difficult to watch for me. All personal opinion.

2 Likes

i overall believe that Titans 2018- is okay and could be a lot better and with out a TV-MA rating, i will just have to see for season 3 :thinking: :point_up:

2 Likes

Batman with a gun, gunning down criminals, just like his parents were? NO WAY! #NotMyBatman

2 Likes

The 1974 Wonder Woman movie. It starts to abruptly, no real introduction and felt much more like a female lead spy movie than a Wonder Woman movie. Not terrible, I enjoyed, but didn’t love it, but it wasn’t Wonder Woman.

2 Likes

You don’t enjoy almost everything having very dark visuals unless they are in broad daylight?

2 Likes

Season one is the worst thing I’ve ever witnessed, 2 amazing, anything after that I can’t tell what direction they are trying to go.

1 Like

is on DCU, I’m planning to watch them later.

1 Like

This is live action, othe3r thread is cartoon.

1 Like

Right On! :grinning: :laughing: :+1: :ok_hand: :batman_stoichqtas: :heavy_check_mark:

Welcome to the Club (DC Universe) :heavy_check_mark: :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Batman and Robin kind of ruined Mr. Freeze for me for a while. I mean, What they did with the character could have been amazing. It was also kind of… Boring?

3 Likes

I don’t know if “boring” is the right word for it. Like, I wouldn’t describe a complete train derailment as “boring,” for instance.

2 Likes

It just didn’t entertain me. Every single time I tried to watch it (3 times), either I fell asleep or turned it off. I mean, I think batman forever was okay. I am just never watching either of those films again.

1 Like

They merely brought back the pre-BTAS version of the character which is much better than the “oh so tragic backstory…boo freakin hoo”. Freeze as just a pure evil villain is awesome. He has a fetish for diamonds and wants to plunge Gotham into ice so he can go rob stuff. That is a Mr. Freeze I can get behind.

1 Like

Myself as well too :slightly_smiling_face: :blush: :ok_hand: :+1:

Birds of Prey: And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll explain. If you read Gotham central, he can still be an evil Jerk with the BTAS backstory. I mean, the entire reason he wants to kill batman and robing in the movie was because poison ivy killed Nora, and blamed batman for it. Also, the puns were just to much for me. I mean, I don’t remember a single moment where BTAS wasn’t in my life, so it might be my nostalgia kicking in. Also, the new 52 Freeze is just crazy. I mean, If you read batman annual #1 for the new 52, He has never even known Nora. I mean, I see the point your from, but it could have been so much better. Just different casting, less puns, and no poison ivy, I see Batman and Robin having the ability to be a good movie.

1 Like

Wasn’t he still driven by saving Nora on that movie?

2 Likes

Tangentially, yes. But i never the sense it was his main reason. Nora was a plot device to ignite hex third act breakdown of Freeze vs Ivy.

1 Like

There are many incarnations of Mr Freeze (I like The Batman animated series rake the best.)

DC really used villain’s 3rd act breakdown especially since returns, doing something that happens a lot, one villain turns on the other. To do that, that way, you need 2 villains.

Personally I loved the puns. It was a remix of the two most well known iterations of Freeze. And if any Batman villain should be punny, freeze is it. B&R from its color pallette, Iighting, style could keep many of the elements from Batman’66 update them. That was the visual goal of B+R and that was brought over to the characterizations as well. While it may not be my favorite thing take in Batmsn, I still think it’s a take that could/should be used more. The idea of somebody running around in that get up, has a comedic dude to it. A sense of the absurd, and there is room for comedy as well as tragedy in Batman. He’s one of the few heroes you can do that with.

B+R was unabashed in its vision and I can respect that., It might not be everybody’s vision and that’s OK. But, it had the guts to be what is vis I on was. Plenty of people didn’t like it, but, because of it surreal and innately comical nature, it is one of the quadrilogy that holds up the best.

1 Like