Worst Ideas of All Time Hall of Infamy

That post about heroes in crisis made me want to read the series for the first time tbh…

3 Likes

I would have to say, Jokers idea to surprise attack Batman in Arkham City when Bats was trying to save his life.

8 Likes

I’m going to create a ring that has a chunk of material so lethally radioactive that it sickens and could potentially kill the most powerful and invulnerable person on the planet. Then I’m going to wear it 24x7.
Lex Luther suuuuper genius!

12 Likes

Everytime Batman let’s Joker live.

2 Likes

Emerald Twilight
Identity Crisis
Cry for Justice
Heroes in Crisis

3 Likes

@KentAllard Could you be more specific? What bad decisions made by characters are you talking in those stories?

2 Likes

Just all the people like raven’s mother who joined a cult. It’s never a good thing!

2 Likes

Just all the people like raven’s mother who joined a cult. It’s never a good thing!

Probably Batman letting Joker live. And then trying to stop Red Hood from killing Joker. Aaand all the times he’s tried to save Joker from certain death.

1 Like

Manhattan’s decision to move the lantern out of Alan Scott’s reach. The New 52 was just horrible. I’m so glad they fixed that whole mess.

2 Likes

Bringing Barry Allen back to life, New 52 Starfire, killing Lian Harper

7 Likes

In saga of the swamp thing, when Gotham city takes Abby into custody… swamp thing turns things up to eleven!

1 Like

The new 52 plain and simple.

3 Likes

I know this isnt in the comics. But, in doom patrol. When Cliff decides to pick up his wife and child drunk. Killing himself and his wife. Not a good look.

7 Likes

Are spoilers cool? ‘Cuz uh… there’s some stuff in Heroes in Crisis…

4 Likes

For being some of the oldest and wisest being in the universe, The Guardians are CONSTANTLY making dumb mistakes…
Letting a guy named SINESTRO into your peacekeeping organization, and NOT thinking he’s going to be a villain.
You’re peacekeeping robots kill everybody in a sector save one, ATROCITUS, and that won’t come back and bite you in the butt? What could go wrong?

6 Likes

I’m not going to spoil it, but for those interested in this subject, read the two-part Superman story in Action Comics #368 and #369.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/action-comics-1938-368/f8d85449-5374-48c3-a9c9-57af6228f8bc

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/action-comics-1938-369/46403b7c-c479-4061-a1e4-51de737173db

2 Likes

Guardians of the Universe… Berating Hal and threatening him with disciplinary action for using his power ring “for personal gain” was a really salt-in-the-wound move after the guy just lost his entire home town to an interstellar terrorist attack!

7 Likes

“Hey, isn’t that that Superman guy? The one who’s completely invulnerable to bullets? Let’s shoot him then throw our guns at him when that doesn’t work!”

7 Likes

“Here, I’ll leave my weird Gotham gang war wargame thing available on my computer for anybody to access, and somehow phrase the entire thing in such a way as to not indicate that Matches Malone is me even though he’s a critical part of the plan. I’m sure this will cause no problems for anyone whatsoever.”

7 Likes