Worst Ideas of All Time Hall of Infamy

I’m going to go with Amanda Waller’s treatment of Ace in Justice League. Had she reached out to the League for help, the girl might have been trained and raised by people with the ability to care for her. People who understand her. But, Waller was too eager to have a loyal weapon and it ended up almost killing millions. It’s one of the saddest and most infuriating decisions I’ve ever seen.

18 Likes

LOL @VLMarik :joy: I’m weak

1 Like

ahhh damn my short term memory

@VTMarik *******

2 Likes

“I think I’ll mug that lady, here, in Gotham City. No way Batman or Batman or Batman or Robin or Robin or Robin or Robin or Robin or Batgirl or Batgirl or Batgirl or Batwoman or Batwoman or Batwing or Signal or Spoiler or the Creeper or the Huntress or Red Hood or Catwoman is gonna notice.”

29 Likes

“I’m an alien, so it’s probably a good idea to invade that planet over there that has all of the superheroes on it.”

19 Likes

@biff_pow I laughed out loud.
“You know Martha that Lang girl next door is always snooping around making Clark’s life a living hell. Maybe we should move?”

7 Likes

@biff_pow
Not to mention the cops

2 Likes

Reed Richards has a hundred Ph.D.'s but thinks his shielding will stave off those damn cosmic rays.

4 Likes

But any bad decision made by a character is a bad decision made by a writer and allowed to print by an editor…

4 Likes

@ducksfan55 But not all stupid decisions made by characters are stupid to include in a story. Like, in universe it would be stupid for anyone to try to shoot Superman with normal bullets, but would a writer really be making a bad decision if they decided to include a scene of Superman fighting crooks who try to shoot him? Or my Rorschach example. It was a dumb decision that caused the dude to have some fingers broken, but that scene isn’t stupid for Alan Moore to include.

7 Likes

Damn you really hit the nail on the head with Newcastle lmfaoooo easily the worst but my second pick is Batman in Dark Knights Metal being typical Batman and not trusting anyone with whats going on. Really cost him that time.

4 Likes

Are goons shooting bullets at Superman really being dumb, or are the acting out of frustration and doing something they know won’t work, but, can’t resist their own compulsion to try anyway. Even though they rationally understand it is futile, they still operate from irrational fear. Humans operate out of irrational fear all the time.

7 Likes

@DeSade-acolyte And that’s why it’s fine for a writer to include it in a story even though it’s stupid for the criminals to do so

3 Likes

“My fellow costume-types have been up to some shady, privacy-invading kinda stuff. What should I do about this problem? I know! I’ll build a nigh-omnipotent sentient spy satellite to track every human being on the planet and then not oversee it in the slightest! And just to be absolutely certain it doesn’t turn evil, I’ll give it a friendly, non-intimidating name like Brother Eye.”

16 Likes

Let’s lock up all the criminals we catch in our basement but not tell the rest of the team about it. Yup, that’s a great idea. Nothing can go wrong there.

9 Likes

KGBeast cutting his arm instead of the rope.

8 Likes

“Hey, maybe I should view all of everyone’s Sanctuary confessions at super speed to prove to myself that other people suffer like I do, in spite of the fact that I’ve been written as a character with utmost empathy, selflessness, and understanding toward others for decades!”

TEN MINUTES LATER

“Oops… that didn’t work out, and I accidentally killed all the other patients at Sanctuary! Clumsy me! I guess I’ll just make a fake crime scene to fool two of the world’s greatest detectives into thinking that one of two of the other occupants did it, kill myself in the future, and put that body in the crime scene to throw suspicion off of me!

“WHY am I doing this, you may ask? Because I need to do something good to make up for what I just did, which means I need to resurrect one (just one) of my victims (just one, and not even my longtime friend Roy) and leak everyone’s private, heartfelt confessions to the public!”

A COUPLE DAYS LATER

OK, so Booster, Beetle, Batgirl, and Harley have prevented me from killing my future self, who then reveals that we come up with a plan to fake my death with a future speed-clone body and create a stable time loop of the events that have just happened to prevent another Flashpoint, despite the fact that I discovered that time travel was NOT what caused the universe to change! Sounds like a great plan!

“Let’s NOT take the victims away from Sanctuary at the point immediately BEFORE I accidentally kill them and replace THEM with fake bodies and prevent anyone from dying at all!

“I’M A DEEP, THOUGHTFUL, AND INTERESTING EXPLORATION OF MENTAL TRAUMA NOW!!!”

17 Likes

OL, so I messed up some of the details, but you get the picture.

2 Likes

Reviving a Jason, fully knowing what would happen to him, because you messed up and let the Joker torture him.

9 Likes

Yup. Roy’s dead but Harley can go on having sex with a plant. That’s a good decision.

5 Likes